Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "glamorganshire" - 1,538 Messages

per page

REES(E) and PRICE (PRYCE) Posted on: 31 Oct 1998, by R.A. Bagley

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Schuylkill

Husband, Thomas J. REES, was born 8 October 1807 in Eglwysilan parish, Glamorganshire, Wales. Died in St. Clair, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. Wife, Ann PRICE (or PRYCE), was born 29 March 1810 in Blackwood, Be...

James JAMES (1815-1888) Posted on: 22 Dec 1998, by R. A. Bagley

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Schuylkill

...honorable life. He was aged 73 years, 7 months and 28 days. James James was born in Pontaberbargold (sic), Glamorganshire, Wales on March 24, 1815, the son of Evan James. His early years were not crowned with thos...

SIMONS in Wales Posted on: 16 Jan 2000, by JOE SIMONS

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Glamorgan > General

...Father: John Simons, born Abt 1734 Mother: Ann Mary Edward, born abt 1738 All were born in Gelligaer, Glamorganshire This is as far back as I can go. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you. Joe Simons

Re: Daniel M. Jones of New Quay, born 1860--census lookup? Posted on: 20 Mar 2006, by  kdjones1990

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Cardiganshire > General

...in Penbryn, Cardiganshire. In 1851 and 1861 they were in New Quay; by 1871 they had moved to Neath, Glamorganshire. I think soon after that some of them went to the U.S. and settled in the Pennsylvania/Delaware a...

Re: Obit: Margaret H DAVIES (STEWART) born Pontadawe, died 1993 Canada Posted on: 01 Jul 2004, by philip vaughan

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Carmarthenshire > General

As Pontardawe is in Glamorganshire not Carmarthenshire this might more usefully be posted on Glamorganshire board. But your intention is appreciated.

Thomas Wilde & Elizabeth Shipley Posted on: 13 Jan 2000, by Jim Wilde

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Glamorgan > General

...Wales, but doesn't give a city or county. Thomas' wife was Elizabeth Shipley she was from Mountain Ash, Glamorganshire. If anyone has some information please let me know. Thanks.

William Davies or Davis born 1663, and 1640, Wales Posted on: 26 Dec 2004, by  LuAnaDrakeCra...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Radnorshire > General

...the actual location. Is Glamorgan located in Radnorshire, or County Radnor, or is Glamorgan actually Glamorganshire? One is indicated as born in Llanstephen, Radnor Co, South Wales. The other is indicated as born...

Cunnick, David and Margaret Posted on: 19 Jan 2004, by  glynck_1

...info further back than them. David was born in 1882 in Llangennech and Margaret was born in 1877 in Glamorganshire I think. Can anyone help please?

Hudgins - RHWWTTCHEN, Llandaff, Glamorganshire Posted on: 26 Jan 2000, by  dtscorpio

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > General

...RHWWTTCHEN. A man, Thomas Hudgins, was born in Liverpool in 1620 and moved from the town of Llandaff in Glamorganshire, Wales. Shipbuilder, trader, fisher family. His son, Robert Hudgins, born in Lancaster in 1660....

Joseph Edwards b.abt 1843 in Troed-y-rhiw Cayo,Wales>California Posted on: 02 Nov 2003, by  MarianMurphy

...in Rose Hill Cemetery in Nortonville,Ca. Catherine Edwards b. abt 1848 married a David J Jones (?from Glamorganshire,Wales- a multi-generational family of miners) and had Edwin,Sarah,Mary Jane,and Theophilus Jones....

Rees family Llanfihangel Ystrad Posted on: 21 Jun 2004, by Susan Rees

...died while giving birth to Daniel (my gggrandfather). I think I have found Rachel in Merthyr Tydfil Glamorganshire. She may have married William Davies ( a tailor) in Cardiganshire before moving to Merthyr Tydfil. ...

Price/Lunn/Round--Glamorganshire Wales/Dudley Worcestershire Eng Posted on: 16 Jul 2002, by pat jones

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Worcestershire > General

...would like to contact those in the UK. From an obit I have read they were to have orignated in the Glamorganshire area of Wales.

Desc. of Col. Morgan Morgan 1688-1766 Posted on: 10 Aug 1999, by  lyrad22

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Berkeley

...LYRAD22@aol.com if you have any information. Thanks. Husband: MORGAN MORGAN (COL.) Birth: 1 Nov 1688 Place: GLAMORGANSHIRE, WALES Death: 17 Nov 1766 Place: BUNKER HILL, BERKELEY CO., WEST VIRGINIA Burial: ...

Matthews from Baglan, Glamorgan, Wales to Denfield, Ontario then MI... Posted on: 14 Oct 2002, by  mirawood

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Unknown

...help me with. I have a William from Baglan, Glamorgan, Wales ca 1713, son William abt 1738 dd. Abt 1828 Glamorganshire, South Wales (or Est. 1787-1848). Son Philip bd. 25 Oct 1783 Wales dd. 29 Aug 1864 Denfield, On...

Re: Bowen Family Posted on: 03 Jan 2004, by  BarbaraLadd69

I have Richard and Ann Bowen in my tree came here from Glamorganshire WAles in 1640 settled in Rehoboth Ma.

REES, THOMAS, PRICE, EVANS - Wales >PA Posted on: 18 Oct 1999, by R.A. Bagley

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Monmouthshire > General

...next to her brother Thomas REES. Four oldest children have records in Groes-wen Chapel, Eglwysilan, Glamorganshire, Wales. Parents listed there as "of Lanwyno Parish" or Llanwonno Parish on Eleanor's ent...

Re: Walter JONES b. 1837 Posted on: 21 May 2002, by Catrinna

Localities > North America > United States > States > Utah > Counties > Sevier

...Jones who married Mary Jenkins. I show that Daniel's father was Lewis Jones b: 1786 in Merthyr Tydvil, Glamorganshire, Wales. I am trying to find out if Daniel is a brother or relative of Owen and Robert Jones ...

Samuel in Aberdare Posted on: 28 Sep 1999, by Bob Camin

...to Thomas Samuel and Sophia Evans Samuel in Cap Coch Aberdare. His birth record was at Pontypridd in Glamorganshire and Aberdare was listed as in the counties of Glamorgan and Brecon. The 1881 census shows Thomas S...

RODERICK FAMILY Posted on: 12 Apr 1999, by  throderick

...Llanover near Blaenafon. I suspect they had children earlier, perhaps in Carmarthenshire, Breconshire or Glamorganshire. One child was named Elias, and I wonder if it was the family name of Ann. Was the name Elias ...

Family History Posted on: 13 Jun 1999, by Maureen Reese-Vorp

...my Gr. Grandfather's name is Rees M. Rees, and there is a strong possibility that he came from either Glamorganshire or Carmanthenshire. Still have found nothing on the Evans yet.

Jonah Williams - Born 1841 Posted on: 03 Apr 2005, by Glyn

...information I have managed to find prior to this, is that he was emloyed as a carter on Twllgwyddyl farm in Glamorganshire. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

End of the line Posted on: 23 Feb 2004, by  Karen Gillis

Jhon THOMAS born in Cardiganshire (unk date) and married (unk date) Elizabeth REES born in Glamorganshire (unk date) had daughter Rachel THOMAS born 13 June 1850 in Warwick TP, Lamiston, Ontario I am planing a tri...

Mary Evans Posted on: 12 Nov 2000, by  nigel_humphri...

...later married Daniel Peregrine, raised a family in Llandissilio, and eventually moved to Glyncorrwg, Glamorganshire. I already have info from Glamorgan and the 1881 census of Llandissilio. I am particularly looking...

Jones/Evans- Bedwelty Posted on: 08 Oct 2001, by  JohnMahey

...married in Bedwelty, Monmouthshire, on 12 July 1823. They may later have moved to Myrthr Tydeil in Glamorganshire, and in the 1830s went to America. Both Henry and Ann were born in 1799. I am searching for their p...

Re: WILLIAMS family in Lucas Co. ca 1880 - ? Posted on: 26 Oct 2001, by Sarah Rierson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Lucas

...born in Cross Pen Main, Mounmouthshire. S. Wales. Her husband Lewis Williams wass born in Port Squire, Glamorganshire S Wales. I joined the Glamorgan Family History Society in Wales and an older gentleman has bee...

Re: WILLIAMS family in Lucas Co. ca 1880 - ? Posted on: 26 Oct 2001, by Sarah Rierson

...born in Cross Pen Main, Mounmouthshire. S. Wales. Her husband Lewis Williams wass born in Port Squire, Glamorganshire S Wales. I joined the Glamorgan Family History Society in Wales and an older gentleman has bee...

Re: Aubreys of Pwlldu Posted on: 12 Nov 2002, by  varteg

Thank you so much Richard. I had not checked Glamorganshire as the Pwlldu I am interested in is near Blaenavon and was, at one time, partly in Monmouthshire and partly in Breconshire. However, it is interesting...

Amelia Davies Married in Tredegar on April 7, 1857 Posted on: 26 Jun 2002, by  BillHastie

...Tilley April 07, 1857 in Tredegar, Monmouthshire, South Wales. She was born January 02, 1831 in either Glamorganshire or Brecon, Brecknokshire, South Wales, the family lore differs on this point. Her father was Wi...

Re: Jesse Baldwin and Catherine Clapp - Grimsby Posted on: 22 Jul 2002, by ANON

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Lincoln

...on 9th Feb. 1837 in the 40th year of his age. Margaret, wife of Thomas Morgan, born Merthyr Tydfil, Glamorganshire, South Wales 5 May,1792. After her husband's death, she married 2. Jacob Merrill 3. Robert Skelly. ...

Re: Morgans of Tredegar Posted on: 08 Mar 2002, by  mickie147

Hello... I am searching for my ancesters who came from s. wales... morgan .... william and Cathrine (exact soelling of her name is not known, nor her maden name ), (my gg grandparents) their son .. w...

Re: Reese T Evans/Carmarthenshire 1825-1852 Posted on: 01 Feb 2003, by  AnneOT

...the 1851 census. If they emigrated to the mining area of Scranton then they may have first moved to Glamorganshire or Monouthshire before emigrating. That is just something to bear in mind. Most of the 1851 censu...

Re: John Bryan born Llanfyllin - Baptism Posted on: 21 Nov 2005, by Huw Walters

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Radnorshire > General

...wondering, are you related in any way to the Pedrick family from the Gwauncaegurwen / Cwmgors area in Glamorganshire? Regards HW

Research Tips Posted on: 19 Dec 1998, by Matt Cross

I am interested in any tips on genealogical research in Wales, specifically Glamorganshire and Monmouthshire. Are there Census records or Tax records available for review here in US?

ancestors who came to South Australia Posted on: 29 Jan 2000, by Kingsley Allen

...before she left. she was apparently a good pianist. I think ancestral roots might be in Cardiganshire or Glamorganshire. Could you help me track her down? Much appreciated

Re: Family tree Posted on: 27 Jun 2001, by  jemt79

Localities > Western Europe > Belgium > General

...Woodford. She was born in Pennsylvania, but her parents were from Cornwall. She married Penry Woodford, from Glamorganshire, Wales. Could there be a connection? Jane Todd jemt79@aol.com

Re: Abraham Davies Posted on: 04 Sep 2005, by  RossUK01

Hi Robert, Glad to hear your making a good recovery. Firstly I am not sure how familiar you are with Borth. When searching records the name of the village does tend to vary over the years. It begi...

Re: THORNTON Posted on: 23 Apr 2003, by Jan

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > General

Chuck, Your message read "From other records I show a son William and another son Thomas." Chuck, could the following Thomas be the other son? This Thomas was born near Oldham, Lancashire...

Re: THORNTON Posted on: 05 Sep 2001, by Chuck Thornton

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > General

...1791-?). James Sr's wife was Ann Jones of Carmarthenshire, Wales. James Jr's wife was Ann Lewis of Glamorganshire, Wales. James Jr. emigrated to the States (PA) in 1854. Appreciate hearing from fellow researcher...

Leoline (Lionel, Lluellin, Leuellen) JENKINS- 1680- Connecticut Posted on: 23 Mar 2003, by Joe Kelly

Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Unknown

...Leoline) JENKINS, who was a Secretary of State from colonial Connecticut from 1680-1684. He was a native of Glamorganshire in Wales. He was an ambassador to France in 1669. Any info about him is greatly appreciate...

Re: Barry's in Upton, QC Posted on: 11 Nov 2004, by Catherine Berg

Localities > North America > Canada > Québec > Montérégie > General

...my email in Melbourne Australia about the Barry connection in dad,s line via England from Cork from Glamorganshire via Normandie via Dukes of Berry and possibly via Le barre are aof Barcelona city towhere we are to...

CATHERINE (LEIGH) REES Posted on: 20 Feb 2000, by  OSWEGO

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Kendall

...WOOLEY in Oswego, Sunday night at 7:40 o'clock, after a week's illness from pneumonia. She was born in Glamorganshire, South Wales, and was married in that country to William REES, who died 13 years ago. They came ...

Thomas Edwards in Glamorganshire, Wales Posted on: 22 Feb 2000, by Bill Edwards

Surnames > Edwards

Could your Richard be related to Thomas Nathaniel Edwards born Oct 14 1690 in Glamorganshire, Wales? He is the first I know of my line.

Re: old Pittsburgh & Allegheny City photographers - McKenna Posted on: 10 Dec 2002, by  Bethan42

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Allegheny

...at 71, Federal Street, Allegheny, please? I have a photo which was sent to my grandmother in Cwmafan, Glamorganshire, Wales by her niece/cousin (?), Mamie Orlenna (or Velma) McKenna, with their stamp on the back. I...

William Richards 1819-1876 Posted on: 12 Jan 1999, by  shelley279

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Trumbull

...RICHARDS - MAHONING VALLEY PIONEER My great great grandfather William Richards was born in Quaker's Yard Glamorganshire Wales in May 1819. He came to America in 1840 with his mother and sister, names unknown to me,...

CATHERINE (LEIGH) REES Posted on: 20 Feb 2000, by  OSWEGO

Surnames > Leigh

...WOOLEY in Oswego, Sunday night at 7:40 o'clock, after a week's illness from pneumonia. She was born in Glamorganshire, South Wales, and was married in that country to William REES, who died 13 years ago. They came ...

McKenna and Lloyd Posted on: 15 Dec 2002, by Bethan Harrison

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Allegheny

Seeking information on Mamie Orlenna McKenna, whose mother was Lucy Lloyd from Cwmafan, in Glamorganshire, Wales. Lucy was an aunt of my grandmother's and immigrated in the mid-19th century, aged 17, and may have m...

GARRETSON, MORGAN, POWELL Posted on: 25 Mar 1998, by  curmudgeonatl...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Delaware > Counties > New Castle

...information on Morgan MORGAN=Catharine GARRETSON, New Castle Co DE, 1713. Morgan was born about 1688 in Wales (Glamorganshire), parents unknown (father sometimes identified as John, but I've seen no hard evidence t...

Re: Rev. Matthews of Barnstable, Lynn and Maulden Posted on: 02 Jul 2004, by  cherri_timmer

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Plymouth

A attempt to Proving my own Theory his second wife Margaret Whelden was the Sister of Marmaduke Mathew's whom married Catrin Mansel. Also information pertaining to Margaret Whelden read that she was...

Re: Rev. Matthews of Barnstable, Lynn and Maulden Posted on: 02 Jul 2004, by  cherri_timmer

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Plymouth

Note the records I have put here are not misspelled, I typed them stated in each record. I hope this information helps you out. I am from the Gabriel Wheldon / Whelden, trying to find Answers to th...

per page