Search the Boards

Search Results for "greatgrandmothers" - 19,102 Messages

per page

Genealogy Posted on: 23 Oct 1998, by Betty Lobland

Localities > Western Europe > Netherlands > General

...emigrated from the Netherlands to Northwestern Iowa. My great-grandfather's name was Henry Heimensen and my great-grandmother's name was either Alice Grevengoed or Ann. Any information would be appreciated. They emmitra...

BIEBER-BEAVER-ZIMMERMAN Posted on: 07 Aug 1998, by  carol_heilima...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Schuylkill

Noticed the Bieber surname and wanted you to know my Great-grandmother's maiden name was Beaver-however some of the Bieber took on the name Beaver. She was Lena Matilda Beaver. She married a Anthony Keller. They lived i...

McGarry Posted on: 01 Oct 1998, by Dolores Coyle

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Schuylkill

I am interested in your connection with McGarry. My great-grandmother's sister, Mary Schmeltzer married a McGarry. They lived in St. Clair. Her parents were Peter and Jane Walker Schmeltzer. I believe Mary's husband was...

PRESSWOOD Posted on: 31 Aug 1998, by Denise Waterworth

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > McMinn

...died. He is rumored to have had Cherokee heritage. I have some info on his wife, Ida FRITTS, and on my great-grandmother's descendents and I am willing to share info. Denise

SLEDD, DUVALL, FORE, APPERSON, EPPERSON, KAY, SHEPPARD, JOHNSON, ANDERSON, BRANCH, DAVIS Posted on: 21 Jul 1998, by gene milburn

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Chesterfield

...Chesterfield/Henrico Lucretia Apperson/Epperson m. William Justis abt 1806 Amelia Co. Va. These women are all great-grandmothers of mine and I would appreciate any leads. Will exchange info. Feb 25, 1998 - 17:08 - From...

Pontecorvo of Valmontone & Rome Posted on: 01 Nov 1998, by Laura Pontecorvo

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > General

...Alexander son of G.Batiste Pontecorvo and Tedora Malespina (?) not sure of the spell of the grandmother and greatgrandmothers last names. Anna is the daughter of Joseph Latini and ? Pontecorvo. Anna mother died young....

Surnames: ARCARI, ANZOVINO, RENZA Posted on: 20 Dec 1998, by  renza

...information from Santa Croce del Sannio, Benevento Province on the above names. These are my grandparents and greatgrandmother's surnames. Where can I write to find the certificate of family?

IAIA Posted on: 18 Aug 1998, by Carol

Hi--My great-grandmother's name was Angela Ioia or Ioia, and I wondered if that was a different spelling of the name you're searching for. She emigrated from Laurenzana (in Potenza region) with her husband and children ...

O'GRADY Posted on: 27 Apr 1998, by Danalee Lavelle-Burroughs

Topics > Military > Civil War > Kentucky > General

My great-grandmother's uncle, John O'GRADY, 2Lt, 9th PA Cav, Co. 9, Lochiel Cavalry, was taken prisoner at Richmond, KY and Shannon Run, KY in August 1862 and September 1862 respectively. This was just prior to the Batt...

Same Martin's? Posted on: 19 Dec 1998, by Heather Collins

Localities > North America > United States > States > Maine > Counties > Penobscot

Both my great-grandmother and great-grandfather were born in Old Town. My great-grandmother's last name was Martin. Her name was Gladys Lillian. Her father's name was Hubert Martin, and he was born in St. Anne New Bruns...

Lawson Posted on: 23 Dec 1998, by Maureen Elliott

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > St > Francois

My great-grandmother's name was Mary Jane Lawson. I'm fairly sure (all of my stuff is at home) she was from Washington Co. She was born c1850 and died in 1920 in Michigan. She married Edward Crump. I think they lived in...

MANEGOLD, LOUIS Posted on: 23 Mar 1998, by Khris Gochenour

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Adams

I am looking for information on my great-grandmothers paternal side. Her fathers name was Louis Manegold I know they lived in Adams County IL. My great-grandmothers name was Florence Manegold and she was born in Liberty Illinois. I appr...

DUFFY, PAULUS, RANSOM Posted on: 01 Jan 1900, by W. Joyce Smith

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Ashland

I am researching my great-grandmother's family - She was Clara Ransom, oldest daughter of 3 girls born to Anson Button Ransom, and Lucinda Riggle of Eau Claire. The youngest daughter was Eva Ann, she married Thomas J. D...

COX Posted on: 14 Jun 1998, by  JodySizemore2...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Breathitt

I am also interested in this family. Dr. Cox was said by some in my family to be my great-grandmother's nephew. Her name was Jane Williams Flannery. Her mother was a Cox who married James Williams.

Re: SIMPKINS Posted on: 01 Jan 1900, by  PSimpkinsCart...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Breathitt

William Simpkins who married Mahala PATRICK SIMPKINS was my Great-Grandmother's brother. I will look in my material on Mahala, I do have, but, not her obit. She is on the 1900 Breathitt with their son John H. Simpkins. ...

Ermenegirda Mastrandea Tenore Posted on: 23 May 1998, by  KennethTenore

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > Sicilia > Enna

My paternal greatgrandmother's name was Ermenegirda Mastrandea. She married Gaetano Tenore and had at least one son Vito Tenore (my gf), b. ca 1865, who immigrated to the U.S. (Boston). I have no information on the Ita...

ASKREN Posted on: 20 Oct 1998, by  @@labaker1@ho...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Bullitt

...Crittenden counties. Descendents of JOHN ASKREN, JOE ASKREN, HAVRE ASKREN, EMILY ASKREN, MARY L ASKREN. Our great-grandmothers were FANNIE ANGELINE and JENNIE ASKREN. Jennie ASKREN married ROBERT LINCOLN ALLENDER 12/18...

SMITH Posted on: 21 Jul 1998, by  Sherilou

Localities > North America > United States > States > Colorado > Counties > Denver

Looking for great-grandmother's obit or death certificate. Her married name was SMITH and her maiden name was ANDERSON. So her name Anne Smith should appear somewhere in Denver County. She lived in Denver and died about...

STEWART Posted on: 28 Jul 1998, by Nancy Thomas

Localities > North America > United States > States > Colorado > Counties > Denver

Would it be possible that the Willam Daniel Stewart had a sister named Henretta? If so, my great-grandmother's name was Henretta and she came from that area of Texas. Please advise.

Re: Carter Co. Ancestors Burnett & Others Posted on: 12 Aug 1998, by  blianne

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Carter

Hello Sherry , I am looking for my greatgrandmothers family from Carter county and Greenup she is Molly Fults or Fultz she was born in about 1880 and married George Bailey they moved to Michigan around 1903 we believe...

Ler Posted on: 19 Oct 1998, by  ardelldrube

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Sor-Trondelag

...have pictures of house and also of the fire from Trondheim paper. Have cousins in Trondheim from my great-grandmothers first marriage. I would appreciate any information and will send you copies of what I have---My nam...

Ler Posted on: 19 Oct 1998, by  ardelldrube

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Counties > Sor-Trondelag

...have pictures of house and also of the fire from Trondheim paper. Have cousins in Trondheim from my great-grandmothers first marriage. I would appreciate any information and will send you copies of what I have---My nam...

McCOOL Posted on: 25 Apr 1998, by  ABrown2143

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Cumberland

I'm looking for information about my great-grandmother's family. She was Pearl McCOOL and her parents were Jock (John, maybe)and Dora INGRAM. She had at least two brothers, Jack "Clancy", and Chester. Jack mov...

Newman Posted on: 25 Nov 1998, by  toby64

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Grundy

I don't know if there is any relation, but my greatgrandmother's first husband was Fredrick D Newman. I don't know if he was ever in Grundy Co. He was born in 1870. Married Emma Stocker about 1896. He died in 1904 in M...

MIDKIFF Posted on: 13 Oct 1998, by  Boards

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Franklin

...Grandfather: Robert A. Midkiff, Fordsville, Kentucky Step-Grandmother: Sue Montgomery, Louisville, Kentucky Great-Grandmothers: Clara Juanita Cauley, Owensboro, Kentucky and Blanche Carwile, Irvington Step-Great Grandp...

HARGIS, LOVE,SIX,DODD,HOLLOWAY,DAVIS,ANDERSON Posted on: 04 May 1998, by Jan Roberts

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oklahoma > Counties > Love

...to anyone who has any information on the SIX family... I am also looking for any information on my greatgrandmother's family Her name was Mary Josie HOLLOWAY Jones married to Augusta Tignal JONES from Mobiel Alabama.....

Volunteer Fire Dept..1920's-30's Posted on: 25 Sep 1998, by Nancy CRAWFORD

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Counties > Middlesex

I am searching for my Great-Grandmother's sister's family (and descendents). She was born in Austria-Hungary (now Romania)about 1870. She and family are believed to have lived in the Dunellen, Middlesex Co., NJ area dur...

W.H. Berry Posted on: 10 Nov 1998, by Paula

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oklahoma > Counties > Muskogee

I am looking for any information on my Great-grandmother's brother W.H. Berry and his family. He lived in Fort Gibson, Muskogee Co., Okla. Last know date was in 1939. Any information would be appreciate. Thank you.

HERN, O'KEEFE/KEEFE Posted on: 29 Mar 1998, by Peggy O'Connor

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Bristol

...Cambridge, MA. She is my grandfather's second cousin twice over. Related on both my great-grandfather and great-grandmothers side of the family. Nellie was a floor lady in the Dover Pots and Pan Company. When the compa...

WALSH - BRITLAND connection Posted on: 22 Sep 1998, by AnnMarie

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Bristol

...buried among a family named BRITLAND. That is a name I have never heard among my family members, and my greatgrandmother's maiden name was HEWITSON. According to her burial records she was born in 1868, no location pro...

HALL, BRANHAM Posted on: 01 Jan 1900, by Nicole Johnson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Johnson

...My mother's maden name was Hall. My grandparents met and married in Johnson County (Boons Camp) . My great-grandmother's name was Alice Mollett. My grandfather's name was Albert Hall, who married Grace Branham. if you t...

George Monlux and Phila Newcomb Posted on: 20 Oct 1998, by Sis Watson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Lyon

...through the 1910's and1920's. Phila was the daughter of Norman Newcomb and Jane Wandell and she was my great-grandmother's sister. Also, I'm interested in what might be contained in the book "Early History of Lyon ...

Brewsters/Brusters Posted on: 22 Nov 1998, by  majorsteve

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Tazewell

...son of Andrew Peery Bruster (b 1808) and Polly Pruitt Bruster (m 1828). Andrew Peery Bruster was my great-grandmother's (Mary Jane Brewster Stevenson) grandfather. Hope this is the one you are looking for. By the way, A...

WARBRITTON Posted on: 30 Jul 1998, by Charles Brown

Localities > North America > United States > States > Arkansas > Counties > Clay

I live in St.Louis, Mo & I'm trying to uncover & discover information about my maternal great-grandmothers family, the Warbrittons of Piggott, Arkansas. The Warbrittons owned a farm in Greenway, Arkansas that m...

MOORE-MATLOCK Posted on: 07 Nov 1998, by LYNDA

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > McCracken

MY GREAT-GRANDMOTHERS NAME IS NANCY ANNE MOORE, SHE MARRIED JOHN JAMES MATLOCK. IN McCRACKEN CO.,KY. PLEASE CONTACT ME TO SHARE INFO. AT LYNDALUE@AOL.COM. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

Tracing Roots Posted on: 10 Nov 1998, by Erin Henderson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Peoria

...moved to Peoria. On my Grandfathers side I only have my Greatgrandfathers name George Wineland and my greatgrandmothers date of death (between Mar. 15th and 19th, 1981) I know that we called her Grandma Mag but I do n...

LUDLAM, DAVIS, GERDES, POFF, PRILL, BICKEL Posted on: 24 May 1998, by  @@otay74@aol....

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Peoria

Seeking information on my Greatgrandmother's Aunt Sarah Alice Davis Ludlam b. July 24,1861 d Sep. 21, 1952 Peoria, Peoria Co., Il. Sarah went by the name of Alice and married Charles Henry Ludlam Sep. 6, 1877-they had ...

WRIGHT, OSGOOD, LEWIS, WARREN Posted on: 31 Oct 1998, by  mohr

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Cattaraugus

Donna, We are cousins. Pauline Warren, a granddaughter of Joseph B. Wright and Nancy Lewis, was my great-grandmother's youngest sister. My great-grandmother had been working on the family tree. Pauline, the youngest, ev...

MOON, EVANS Posted on: 01 Jan 1900, by Nicole Tighe

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oklahoma > Unknown

All that I know is that my great-grandmothers name was Nellie Moon and she was a member of the CHerokee Nation at tone point but I have been told that she was forced to sign away her rights in order to marry my great-g...

Judge Hugh C. Courtney Posted on: 15 Sep 1998, by  jameswyman51

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oregon > Counties > Baker

...the obituary, Hugh had a brother Dr. Joseph Courtney of Portland, Oregon. Ellen (KNOX) COURTNEY is my great-grandmother's (Mary KNOX's) sister. No COURTNEY children born in Illinois. Hoping to find some in Oregon.

Vincent Family Posted on: 01 Nov 1998, by Julie Thayer

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Emmet

...hearing the stories. I have been told by my father that there where indian ancestors back a ways in my greatgrandmothers family. This is all I have been told. I also saw a photo from my uncles collection of several in...

WHITELY Posted on: 16 Jul 1998, by Jane Schwarz

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oregon > Counties > Benton

...mother's family. Her mother's name is Ida Amanda Rust Nelson, born 4/30/1904, Gross, Boyd County, NE, . My great-grandmother's name is Nina Aman a Billick Rust, born 6/18/1881 in Hainsville, Holt County, NE.

ROSENSTEIN Posted on: 21 Jun 1998, by Karen Powell

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

Searching for information on my paternal great-grandmother's family. Her name was Laura Etta Rosenstein.* She was born in Texas; had a twin sister, Rose, and three brothers -- Julius, Harry, and Edward. She married J. W...

STEINMACHER/HARTLANDER/HARTLEANDER/GUENTHER/GUINTHER/GUNTHER/FREEZER Posted on: 08 Jul 1998, by Susan Cook

Guinther/Guenther/Gunther - My great-grandmother's maiden name was Christ, Katherine. Can't find out where she was born whether in the U.S. or Germany. I known that my grandfather Elwood Gunther was born in Frackville, ...

Seidl Posted on: 05 Aug 1998, by  floydltc

...know if her brother moved to Andale, but there were Seidls there too. Wolfgang Seidl married my other great-grandmother's sister, Annie. I believe he lived in Wisconsin before coming to the Andale area. They are Catholi...

Krueger Posted on: 15 Nov 1998, by Laurie Rubier

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Prussia

...name Kause in my search for this name, but have come across other spellings. I have been looking for my great-grandmothers family, name, Kroger. Sound index showsthese and other names such as Creger andCreager. My great-grandmother's nam...

SEEBACH DIETZE DITSON LEE HIGINELL BAKER Posted on: 11 Aug 1998, by Robert E. Dietz

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Prussia

...family and am doing some research on my grandmothers line which is connected to the Seebachs. Also my great-grandmothers first husband was Peter Seebach. She married my great-grandfather after the death of Peter. My gr...

Cruz Agueda - Arecibo, PR Posted on: 06 Jul 1998, by Rosalie Agueda Rivera

Localities > Caribbean > Puerto Rico > General

...PR. My father also told me that we come from Spanish descendants, but where in Spain I don't know. My great-grandmother's name was Elvira Cruz who lived and died in Utuado Puerto Rico. My grandmother has other brothers ...

Delgado Rodriguez - San Lorenzo, PR Posted on: 13 Nov 1998, by Edwin Salgado

...Jose in 1986. His parents (my greatgrandparents) are: Francisco Delgado and ? Rodriguez. Don't know my greatgrandmother's first name. Both were born in the mid 1800's) Great grandmother Rodriguez died when my grandfath...

Guzman, Velez - Puerto Rico Posted on: 20 Dec 1998, by Karen Chambliss

Seeking record of my great-grandmother's marriage(s). Her name at birth in about 1869 is believed to have been Ramona GUZMAN. Her first marriage was to Joe (Joseph) VELEZ approx. 1888/90. Her second marriage was to ??...

per page