Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "BACKUS" - 3,076 Messages

per page

Marion R. Harwood - age 78 -- dies in 1996 Posted on: 15 Jul 2001, by  shirley1795

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Jefferson

...great-grandchildren. A son, Roland, Jr., an infant son, John, two daughters, Martha Anderson and Elizabeth Backus, a brother, John Sculco, and a sister, Isabel Anthony, died previously. Born In Huntingv...

MURPHY, Chili NY genealogist needed. Posted on: 27 Jan 2006, by Allison Lendman

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Monroe

...Catherine (age 14, later married MCCORMICK and moved to IL by 1860); and Mary (age 12, later married J.H. BACKUS and lived in Attica, NY). I have no knowledge of the other two children listed in that 1850 ...

Obit Margery Ellen Carpenter Larue Posted on: 19 Aug 2001, by Laura

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Franklin

WRIGHT COUNTY REPORTER Dows, Wright County, Iowa August 27, 1942 OBITUARY OF MRS. MARGERY LARUE Mrs. Thomas LaRue passed away on Sunday, August 23, at the home of her son, Charles LaRue at Meservey,...

Re: Hardy Posted on: 09 Jun 1999, by Lucille Roby

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nebraska > Counties > Garfield

Marilyn, Thank you for the information on the Hardy and Backus family. I am also looking for information on Henry Marshall who also lived in Garfield Co. and my parents Grant and Ettie Marshall. You may res...

Cottle County, Backus Posted on: 17 Jul 1999, by John Wayne Brewer

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Cottle

Leslie, I Checked the 1900 Census for Cottle County, and located one Backus, Joseph, b. 1860 in Texas Florence, wife, b. 1866 in Texas Claude L. son, b. July 1885 in Texas Jessie L., son, b. Sept 1888 in T...

HARDY Posted on: 07 Jun 1999, by Marilyn A Tetschner

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nebraska > Counties > Garfield

Dollie Hardy 1899-1980 is buried Cottonwood Cemetery Garfield co Nebraska Others there are: Andrew C. Backus 1847-1936 Emma Backus 1872-1962 Infant Backus no data George Hardy 1888-1965 Hardy infant son 1927

Descendants of William G. BACKUS and Mary Alice EASLEY Posted on: 16 Jul 1999, by Leslie Griffith

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Cottle

I am looking for the descendants of William G. BACKUS (born abt 1858 in TX, died 1941), and his wife, Mary Alice EASLEY (born 1873 Cooke County, TX, died 1961). My notes indicate that William and Mary had ...

Re: Family connections Posted on: 24 Jun 2002, by Dean R. Kolk

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Wayne

I am not sure about Francis Backus , but if you can trace there family back to Charles Backas possibly Backus and Gladys Farmer born abt. 1900 . There is more than likely a family tie , My wifes great-aunt was Gl...

In response to Hardy, Root, Carmony Posted on: 14 Apr 1999, by Lucille Roby

The Dolly Mary Backus that was married to George Washington Hardy was my Aunt. Her parents Andrew and Emma Backus moved to Gables, Garfield Co. Ne. in 1908. I would be interested in any information you would have...

Re: Family connections Posted on: 21 Jun 2002, by  bfroe

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Wayne

Would Francis G. Backus be included in your branch of the Backus family? He was married to Francis (Fannie) Fern Stuart. She was from Petersburg, MI and worked in Detroit, perhaps as a stenographer. He is buried ...

Captain William W. WILKINS Posted on: 16 May 1999, by  Gaylene_Kerr_...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > GLShipping

SOURCE: John Miller, A Twentieth Century History of Erie County Pennsylvania, 1909, Volume II, 974.899, pp. 420-422. CAPTAIN W. W. WILKINS. The world-wide saying that poets are born, not made, applies...

Marorie Miele Query Posted on: 07 Oct 1998, by Dan Fults

...George Washington Hardy died there and was buried at Cottonwood Cemetery at Burwell. His wife Dolly Mary Backus died at Fremont, Dodge Co NE. I have much more info and need much more.

Thomas, Benjamin and William W. WILKINS Posted on: 16 May 1999, by  Gaylene_Kerr_...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > GLShipping

Thomas, Benjamin and William W. WILKINS -- three generations of captains who sailed the Great Lakes Source: Biography of Captain Thomas Wilkins by: Samuel P. Bates, History of Erie County, Pennsylvani...

Wm. H. Coward - South Byron - 1915 Posted on: 03 Apr 2000, by  alendman

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Genesee

In 1915, a Wm. H. COWARD testified concerning the contested will of a woman named Mary MURPHY BACKUS (widow of James Harvey BACKUS) in Attica. He is identified as a nephew (or cousin) of Mary BACKUS and was a hardware ...

Thomas J Robotham (1853-1911) Posted on: 01 Feb 2000, by  hoffm2

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Oneida

...Constableville, and she died in 1897. Five children were born to them and the following three survive: Mrs Henry Backus of Jersye City; James, of Herkimer, and Howard, who since the death of his mother when...

Backhaus Backus Prussia to Ecorse Posted on: 23 Jun 2000, by K.Meyers

BACKHAUS (Amer: Backus): Seek any information on wife and family of Ferdinand Backhaus, farmer; b. February 1835 in Prussia, d. Aft. 1866 probably near Detroit, MI. Arrived mid 1800s from Prussia to unknown...

Backus Posted on: 31 Jul 2001, by Ellie Flint

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Herkimer

I am searching for ancestors of Peter Backus, born September 1821 in Newport, son of George and Eve Backus. I'm not sure it it's the Newport in Herkimer County or an old place in Lewis County. He also had a bro...

Family connections Posted on: 06 Aug 1999, by Sydnee Doherty

Dear Bill, I have a huge amount of info on the Backus, Woodbridge, Abbott connections in Wayne County. Would be happy to share for the rest of the Backuses. Sydnee_Doherty@classic.msn.com

Backus Posted on: 11 Apr 1999, by Bill Atkinson

Betty Nixdorf of Allen Park has a great deal of information about her Backus family branch.

Family Search Posted on: 24 Mar 1999, by Dean R. Kolk

...Farmer was married to Rose Ann Locking from Canada and her sister Glady's Farmer was married to Charles Backus. Mary Locking was married to a Halligan and they resided in Lincoln Park , Mi . Wayne County . ...

Seeking Descendants of McDONNELL/ MACDONNELL, BACHUS, STEINHOFF Posted on: 19 Mar 2002, by  rkhutton_

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Kent

...Bella Steinhoff married a William Wallace Hay, 1892 in Wallaceburg. Jane Bacchus had a brother John W. Backus who married a Mary E. James and had a son Cornelius Winard Backus. His birth registration. FHL mf 1...

Athens & Leeds twp, Greene, NY, Mary Cooke, 1820 Posted on: 07 Feb 2003, by  mcollek

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Greene

...anyone have any data on Mary Cooke, born abt 1778 or 1786 in Athens, Greene, NY. She married 1st James Backus, and 2nd Widower Elijah Wells of Catskill & Leeds, Greene, NY, in abt 1819. Mary & Eli...

MRS. JENNIE T. LILLIE, 70, DIES Posted on: 02 Jul 2002, by  Suzanne Howar...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Jefferson

...Haskin was summoned but she had died before he reached the place. She was born in what is known as the Backus Settlement in Alexandria in July, 1868, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Horace Timmerman. Her early li...

Isaac Backus Posted on: 10 Apr 1999, by William Tyma

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Herkimer

Looking for descendants of Isaac Backus from Herkimer County, New York the Town of Russia (He was a civil war veteran).

Mrs. Guy Smith, dies at age 57, of Chippewa Bay Posted on: 04 Aug 2002, by  Suzanne Howar...

...of Hammond, officiated. Interment was in the Rarick cemetery at South Hammond. Bearers were William Backus, Loren Decker, Ralph Paddock, Eugene C. Paddock, Lee Schermahorn and Robert Hofferberth. Mrs. Smi...

Charles E. SABIN, druggist of Centreville. Posted on: 28 Feb 2001, by  maudiecarole

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > St > Joseph

Transcribed by Volunteer: Carole L. (Mohney) Carr From: "Portrait and Biographical Album of St. Joseph County, Michigan, 1885" Published by Chapman Brothers of Chicago These are Biographical...

Clare “Pete” Giltz Posted on: 05 Jul 2002, by  Suzanne Howar...

...Ruth Rourke Giltz Schooling: Philadelphia High School; Deibert’s Business School Marriage: Doris R. Backus - Aug. 31, 1940, in New York City Occupation: farm machinery dealer; manager for Taylor Implemen...

Re: BACHUS/BACKUS/BOCKUS Posted on: 23 Aug 2003, by Lana

I too have lost contact with Ellie, however, I sent her the picture of John Bachus/Backus. My cousin found the picture in my uncle's possessions. I can be reached at Markrtinker@aol.com. ...

BACHUS/BACKUS/BOCKUS Posted on: 04 May 2002, by Madeline Bovery Galbraith

..."Ellie" formerly at <quarap@adelphia.net> who posted old photosof John Bachus and Peter Backus on the Pioneer Photo link of the Jefferson County genealogy website. Your e-mail is no longer ...

Barr,Backus, Backhouse,Parker Posted on: 29 Aug 2006, by  Mycherriepeac...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > General

barr,emma GGgrandmom D1939,BackusGgrandpa Parker grandma all buried in Va.there may also be Reid and a M Johnson all in Va.

Knight, Lurana Posted on: 02 Jan 2000, by P J Bettis-Eaton

Surnames > Dyke

Need info re. Lurana Knight, b. 1703,Norwich CT., daughter of David and Sarah (Backus) Knight,m.Ebenezer Bettes 1731, Norwich,CT. No recored of her since birth of daug. Elizabeth 1750. Please, any/all info ...

Re: KENNEDY, CALLAHAN - Jo Davies Co., Illinios Posted on: 02 Oct 2001, by  Harold_Hilema...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Jo Daviess

Hi Edith, Thank you for replying to my post, however, I do have that information as "The History of Jo Daviess County, Illinois" is one of my "bibles". My Gr Gr Grandmother was A K...

Shaw Family Zone Posted on: 14 Mar 2001, by G. Gerow

...James married Isabella Campbell around 1841. They had 6 children: Jane Shaw b:1842-1914 married (1) ?Backus (2) Marshall N. Phillips Prisdal Shaw b:1844-1907 married Patrick Bodkin Ellen Shaw b: 1849-1930 m...

KENNEDY, CALLAHAN - Jo Davies Co., Illinios Posted on: 01 Oct 2001, by  Harold_Hilema...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Jo Daviess

I am researching the Kennedy family of Pleasant Valley Twsp., Jo Daviess Co., IL c1865. The names I have are as follows: James Kennedy (Father, b. 1810 in Ireland) Alice Callahan (Wife, b. Ireland) Ma...

KIRKLAND burials Posted on: 04 Oct 1999, by Nancy Webster

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Oneida

Am looking for information on General Joseph Kirkland (1770-1844) and his wife Sarah Backus Kirkland (1777-1848). He was a lawyer and first mayor of Utica. Where are they buried? Did he die as a result of h...

Orting Surnames - Are they Yours?? Posted on: 23 Oct 2000, by  Pebble

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > Pierce

Hi, These surnames are found in the Orting, WA (Pierce Cty.) town history book......if you would like further info. I can check for you and e-mail you back. No charge! Please e-mail me Directly: Pebbl...

Elizabeth Moyer Hall Posted on: 02 Jan 2000, by Rita Gros Parish

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Montgomery

Searching for parents of ELIZABETH MOYER b. Montgomery County, 4/21/1815, married JOHN ROBERT HALL in Fort Plain on January 25, 1832. John was one of the Halls of Hallsville,Montgomery County, NY.

Downs Posted on: 15 May 2001, by  jhartmn

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > McHenry

In response to your query, the parents of Loraine Downs who married Lyman S. Backus were David Downs (1806-1892) and Laura Decker (1810-1891-2). They moved from Columbia Co., NY in 1846 to McHenry Co., IL. ...

Downs Family in early-mid 1800s Posted on: 29 Aug 2000, by  Collin8483

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > McHenry

...and appear as follows in the IL Statwide Marriage Index: OVERTON, EDWARD -- DOWNS, NANCY 12/06/1847 BACKUS, LYMAN -- DOWNS, LORANE 03/18/1848 My Jane Downs of Franklin County is missing a daughter, born in ...

Re: look-up needed please - John Backus Posted on: 25 Feb 2004, by  Patty Cake

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

1930 Census 746 - Putnam Ave Brooklyn E.D. 277 P. 18A Backus, John Head, age 37, Age at 1st marriage 26, b. N.Y. Father b. N.Y. mother b. Ireland, occup. Leatherer Binding Co. Backus Jessie, wife, age 34, age at...

look-up needed please - John Backus Posted on: 24 Feb 2004, by Kristen

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

Could I ask that a look-up be done for a John James Backus? Checking census, obits, etc... Last known to have lived in Brooklyn on Myrtle Ave, across the street from a park, in 1946. Was in the Army duri...

Riddle/Walrod/Backus, NY/KS Posted on: 11 Jul 2001, by  isp1189

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kansas > Unknown

I am looking for the person who posted Familoy Tree #6268 which includes the names Riddle, Walrod, Backus and others. I believe I have additional information on the Albert Lee Bouton/Emma Reep line. Mike ...

TOWN, Robert - N. Winfield Posted on: 27 Jul 1999, by E. T. Schmitt

...Betsey, b. 30 Apr 1783, may have married a Mr. GATES; Hannah, b. 10 Oct 1784, may have married a Mr. BACKUS; Simon, b. 10 Jun 1787, mar. Betsey Williams 7 Mar 1810, died 14 Jun 1866 in Onondaga Co., NY; Sew...

Re: Finding gggrandparents Posted on: 08 Jun 2004, by  markrtinker

...descendants of George's NY family. He was one of fourteen (14) children to Peter and Julia (Kelly) Backus. George changed the spelling of his last name. We may still have some common ancesters, would b...

Re: Backus Posted on: 05 Jan 2003, by  scottrinard

...North America still stands--and runs. It IS a beautiful locality. I suggest you contact Mr. George Backus at PO Box 280, Port Rowan, Ontario N0E 1M0, Canada. He is a wealth of stories and data, a real l...

Backus Posted on: 27 Jan 2001, by ANON-Y-MOUSE

John Backhouse was the earliest settler in Ontario with the name of Backhouse/Backus. He farmed in Grantham Twp. at the corner of St. Paul St. West and Yates Street, where CKTB610 Radio Station is located n...

rep: Backus/Baccus Posted on: 14 Jan 2001, by  reive

Yes, I have a Mary Backus/Baccus married to my GGgrandfather Jackson Reive. They were married in kent co, but both died in Essex co. This was third marrigae and second for Mary. Have a cesus for a Backus/Baccus ...

Backus Posted on: 10 Jan 2001, by  @@jehodges@mo...

The diary was written by Jospeh and and Mary Street.

Dovie Law Howard Posted on: 11 Jan 2000, by Ann Lemaster-Applegate

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Morgan

...Pentecostal. Surviving are her husband, Clinton Howard; two daughters, Reva Prater of West Liberty and Leatha Backus of Springfield, Ohio; a sister, Alberta Whitt of West Liberty; two brothers, Carl Law an...

Backus / Tait Posted on: 08 Jan 2001, by G. Gerow

Thank you for your kind response. My GrGrandmother Jane Shaw's first husband's name was Backus, but I don't have his first name... The person who wrote the diary would it happen to be his spouse? Any info. ...

per page