Search the Boards

Search Results for "BACKUS" - 3,038 Messages

per page

Rolynda Embry Posted on: 28 Nov 1998, by Robert Zachery

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Butler

...Stereotyped by B. & J. Collins, New York Albany: Printed and Published by E. F. Backus 1816 On the back of the title page the following records: Zacharias Taylor - His ...

STUCKER Posted on: 02 Apr 1998, by ahl

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Franklin

...Norwich, Conneticut Navy veteran retiring in 1970 Born: Franklin County, KY Died: Thursday at William W. Backus Hospital - Conn. Age: 64 Parents: Arnie Stucker and Margaret Flynn (deceased) First wife: Ju...

Need obit and family information Posted on: 28 Dec 1998, by Cathy Pomeroy

Localities > North America > United States > States > Montana > Counties > Cascade

I am looking for information on my great uncle, Virgil Backus, whom I believe to have died in Cascade County (Great Falls). DOB was May 15, 1905. He died in October 1987. Last known residence was Great Fall...

LATHROP Posted on: 07 May 1998, by Toni Rodgers

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Mahaska

Though I am not descended from the surname Lathrop, my Lundy family in Mahaska Co., IA married into that family. Roberti Lathrop had son John Lathrop b. 1480 who married Margaret Wade, dau. of John an...

Russell E Brady Posted on: 13 Dec 1998, by Volunteer - Nancy Shevoka

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > McLean

...donor’s choice. Mr. Brady was born Nov. 15, 1948, in Bloomington, a son of George and Bernice Backus Brady. Survivors include his parents of Chenoa; and one brother, Dennis (Karen) Brady, Crystal Lak...

Surname Posted on: 25 Nov 1998, by  JIM0176

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Emmet

I am looking for William S. + Mary E. Backus. There children are Arthur B. and Lena Pearl (my grandmother). They were in Readmond, Emmet Co., Michigan in the 1880 Census.

Prussia Posted on: 13 Nov 1998, by  VictoriaRegin...

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Prussia

Looking for relatives who came from Prussia. The oldest record we have is that the name was von Feinen. But the von disappeared.

PATTERSON Posted on: 28 Mar 1998, by  carolbrooks12...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Livingston

...Thomas Daphne S m James Sherwood Sally Ann m Eleazer (Lee) Bennett Alta m Samuel Jerome Ann m Andrew J Backus Robert m Elizabeth Van Slyke Roxy m Artemis Bennett I would like to find more info on these chi...

O'DONNELL, Charles F. & Joseph Posted on: 17 Sep 1998, by  LCrow10101

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Onondaga

...stock brokerage business and two years with the Alsop Furnace Company, and engaged in the sale of the Backus heaters under the firm name of Babcock & O'Donnell. In 1891 he married Mary Augusta, daughter...

TIP#77 - KY TOWNS - ASPHALT THROUGH BALLTOWN Posted on: 01 Jan 1900, by Sandi Gorin

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Sandi Gorin's Kentucky Research Tips

TIP #77- KY TOWNS PART 3 - ASPHALT THROUGH BALLTOWN Asphalt: Edmonson Co. PO operated 1920-1859, one mile N of the Green River, 4 miles W of Brownsville; named for the rock asphalt quarried in the ar...

backus Posted on: 15 Oct 1998, by Helen Cooper

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Putnam

Would like to find children of Aaron Backus, b. 13 Dec 1756, Ashford, CT, d. c 1803 Putnam, NY. He md Mehitable Perry who d. Putnam, 24 Jan 1854. One known child, John. Helen

CAIL/BACKUS/BACKHOUSE Posted on: 04 Nov 1998, by Kit Tinagero

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Cumberland > General

The family bible tells me that: JOHN CAIL married MARY ANN BACKUS in the City of Carlisle, County of Cumberland, England in 1862. Their children were: Francis 1863 Henry 1865 John Henry 1867 Frank 1869 Alfr...

POWERS Posted on: 26 Nov 1998, by  JIM0176

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Washtenaw

Looking for Elton A. + Lena Pearl Powers, with children Perry,Maurice,Keith &Karolynn (Twins) and Mable. In the Ann Arbor Area in early 1920's. jimbo@islc.net

EATON Posted on: 19 Aug 1998, by  ELMAR

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Tompkins

...b.ca.1807 Suff Co. NY ;Eliza b.9-24-1808 d.3-19-1843 NY;Mary Ann b.ca 1810 Orange Co.?NY md ca 1837 Josiah Backus; Adeline b.1814 md.James M.Pollay;Harvey b.1817 Orange Co.NY ;Chauncey b.1824 Tomp.Co NY;Jac...

WALKER Posted on: 21 Oct 1998, by Janet

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Hancock

...in death byher husband, Brady Walker, whom she married in 1939; a brother, Ed Brown; a sister, Velma Backus; a grandson and three great-grandchildren. She is survived by two sons, Chuckie Walker of Newell ...

BACKUS, BACKIUS Posted on: 09 Aug 1998, by E DeWitt

Localities > Western Europe > Belgium > Emigration

Peter Backus came to Ohio (Seneca County) in about1844 was married to Susan Bickey who was also a native of Beliguim. Brother Joseph Backius and wife Jane, both of Beliguim came shortly after. There was a...

BACKHAUS / BACKUS families of Akron, Summit Co., Ohio Posted on: 30 Apr 1999, by  backusd3

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Summit

Herman August BACKHAUS b. 12 Sep 1856, Dramburg, Pommern, Germany (Prussia), d. 09 Feb 1908 Akron, Summit Co., Ohio.He was married to Anna Johanna JUTZLUFF / GITZLAFF. His known brothers and sisters a...

Backhaus found in Church Records Posted on: 22 May 1999, by  backusd3

In searching the Birth/baptism records at Zion Luthern in Akron I found the names of two new BACKHAUS'. Franz BACKHAUS appeared as a godparent in 1902 to a child of Wm. and Maria (Backhaus) Gomoll and...

Bertha Louise BACKHAUS WEILLAND of Akron, Summit Co. Ohio Posted on: 01 May 1999, by  backusd3

"Akron Beacon Journal," 26 Sep 1907, Thurs p 8, Col 3, Death of Mrs. Weilland Mrs. Bertha L. Weilland, aged 42, died at her home, 668 Kling Street, at 8:30 Thursday morning. The death was du...

Nicholas BACKUS, From the Akron Beacon & Republician Posted on: 01 May 1999, by  backusd3

...Cleveland Crib Expires on Lake Erie. Special to the Beacon and Republican. Cleveland, O., Dec. 29 --Nicholas Backus, keeper of the light in the water works crib was overcome by the cold last evening in a ro...

Louisa Friedericka KOERBITZ BACKHAUS, of Akron, Summit Co, Ohio Posted on: 01 May 1999, by  backusd3

From the Akron, Beacon & Republician; May 18, 1910 Mrs. BACKHAUS Dies of Exhaustion -- Widow in Akron for Many Years. An old resident of Akron, Mrs Louisa Backhaus, died at the residence of her da...

Surnames Posted on: 28 Apr 1999, by Fran Johnson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Steele

...other than My GreatGrandfather Richard James Nelson served in WWI,Is Buried in Evergreen Cemetery in Backus,Cass co. Where he was Born and died I have found out he owned two Buisnesses Sometime in the middl...

Surnames Posted on: 28 Jan 1999, by Yvonne Huxhold

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Cook

Seeking information on the following Cook County families: Carl Backus, d. 1930 in Cook County; Huxholds who lived in Forest Park; John and Anna Mumm of Forest Park; Marvin and Mildred Vilendrer. All these ...

BACKHAUS, CARL G E Posted on: 17 Jan 1999, by John A Bachus

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Jefferson

...Webber);Frederick (lost);Louis (married Elizabeth Radtke and Theresa Peters) William changed name to Backus Louis changed name to Bachus Family orig. Farbezin, (Naugard area) Hinterpommern

Wanting to find an obituary. Posted on: 08 Feb 1999, by Cathy

Localities > North America > United States > States > Montana > Counties > Cascade

I would like to get a copy of an obituary on my Gr. Uncle, Virgil Backus. He died in Great Falls in Oct. 1987. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Searching for info. re:Virgil Backus Posted on: 01 Mar 1999, by  mtgirl

My Great Uncle, Virgil Backus, died in Great Falls in 1987. He had stopped all contact with family years ago, so when he died the county could find no family to contact. Does anyone know who I would write t...

help in finding Backus family Posted on: 25 Mar 1999, by  mtgirl

Localities > North America > United States > States > Colorado > Counties > Otero

I am trying to find information regarding my grandfather's sisters, Oma and Eva Backus. I believe they were both born in Fowler or Manzanola Colorado.I don't know if they were older or younger than their 3 ...

Seeking death places and children Posted on: 15 Apr 1999, by  MCornwell4816

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Cortland

...Washington Co., NY; d. 22 Oct 1875 Where?; and m. 11 May 1817 Freetown, Cortland Co., NY to Jerusha BACKUS (dau of John BACKUS and Jerusha BAKER). Jerusha was b. 24 Dec 1792 Washington Co., NY and d. 25 Dec 1855 ...

Anna Rosiene Posted on: 18 Apr 1999, by James M Burton

Localities > North America > United States > States > Connecticut > Counties > New London

...Rosiene, widow of Herman Rosiene, of 252 Boswell Ave., died late Wednesday evening at the William W. Backus Hospital. Mrs. Rosiene was born in Norwich on May 18, 1901, the daughter of Jacob and Rosalie Gre...

FEINEN Posted on: 29 Jan 1999, by  VictoriaRegin...

...Feinen b.May 14, 1866. Anna Marie Kinn b. July 11, 1837. Matthius Kinn wife: Clara Essling Kinn. Susan Backus. Gottfried Lanz wife: Agatha Statler Lanz.

FEINEN Posted on: 30 Mar 1999, by  VictoriaRegin...

...Clara Essling 1830, daughter Anna Marie born 1831 married Peter Feinen Peter's second wife was Susan Backus, the son of Peter and Anna Marie was Michael Feinen my grandfather, who married Anna Statler Lanz.

Electus B. WARD, M.D., Wyoming Twp., pp. 1423-1424 (Chapman 1881) Posted on: 24 Mar 1999, by Kent CC

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Kent

Electus B. Ward, M.D., only son of James N. and Mary E. (Backus) Ward, was born in Governor's Island, N.Y. Harbor, Dec. 25, 1856. The name of Ward has been illustrious for many centuries. When William the C...

MARSH, Dexter Hubbard Posted on: 05 Feb 1999, by Tompkins County NYGENWEB

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Tompkins

DEXTER HUBBARD MARSH Among the pioneers of Groton village was the father of D. H. Marsh. His name was Lucius H. Marsh, and his wife was Huldah Finney. He had a farm just outside of the village and lat...

HEESEN, Charles, d. @1921 Posted on: 12 Mar 1999, by David R. Heesen

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > Walla Walla

Charles HEESEN died near Walla Walla around 1921. He was married Ruth Louvina BACKUS. She died shortly before him. They orphaned two young sons, Robert and Roy. Any obits or other info would be appreciated.

Manleys and Munsons in Backus Posted on: 07 May 1999, by Dick Manley

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Cass

I am interested in the Munson family, who lived between Backus and Hackensack from the late 1800's to present. Also interested in the Manley family, members of which lived in the Backus area in early 1900's.

Richard Nelson Posted on: 17 Apr 1999, by Fran Johnson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Cass

...someone can help me does anyone have any information at all On Richard James Nelson B.29,Jan.1895 in Backus, Cass co. Please contack me if you do. I really need help here:

Richard Nelson in Backus ,Cass co. Posted on: 17 Apr 1999, by Fran Johnson

...someone can help me does anyone have any information at all On Richard James Nelson B.29,Jan.1895 in Backus, Cass co. Please contack me if you do. I really need help here:

Decendants or Ancestors of Henry RAHN Posted on: 05 May 1999, by  backusd3

Localities > North America > United States > States > California > Counties > Los Angeles

Hunting relatives or information for Henry RAHN b. Germany 25 Aug 1865, died 15 Oct 1922 in Los Angeles. Immigrated to US in 1876. First wife unknown; children Fred, Henry, James, Mamie and Tillie (bo...

Lucy GRISWOLD Posted on: 12 Apr 1999, by Peggy

Surnames > Griswold

...Lucy GRISWOLD. father was John GRISWOLD Esquire. That is all the info I have on her. She married Elijah BACKUS 9 Ja 1753. He was born 1726 in Conn and 1798 in Conn. That give me an area and somewhat of a ti...

Backus/Backhouse Posted on: 15 Apr 1999, by  swtwater

Surnames > Griswold

My 8th great grandmother was Mary Backus and was married to Benjamin Crane. Marys mother is listed on some records as Mrs. William E Backus or Backhouse making William E. Backus or Backhouse b. abt 1606 my 9th great gr...

Betsy JOHNSON Posted on: 12 Apr 1999, by Peggy

Surnames > Johnson

Searching for Betsy JOHNSON born in Canterbury, CN died 12 Aug 1839 where? married to: William H. BACKUS born about 1787 had a son James who was born in New York about 1815. Any help would be appreciated. T...

Griffin, Hanna Mariha/New York State Posted on: 15 Jan 1999, by Lori Backus

Surnames > Griffin

...(Griffin) Lewis, 81, widow of George O. Lewis, died Sundat morning at the home of her daughter. Mrs. George Backus, 11 Everett Street. Besides her daughter, she is survived by 6 sons, Pearl, Vernon, Ernest,...

need info on Alford Reed, NY state Posted on: 05 May 1999, by John Edgar Reed

Surnames > Reed

...info on Alford Reed, from Fowler NY. Born 1871, died 1939 in Orleans, MA. His parents were Florinda Backus and John Amos Reed. Any other info would be greatly appreciated and would love to share with you in...

William Francis BACKUS Posted on: 01 Apr 1999, by Peggy Foulk

Surnames > Backus

William Francis BACKUS brn 21 Feb 1844 in Franklin, OH died 22 Feb 1914 in Manzanola, CO md Elizabeth RICHARDSON. Their children: James, Martha Louise, Annie E.,Clara Charlotte, Thomas Francis, Grace Elizab...

Wm. Francis Backus Posted on: 14 May 1999, by  mtgirl

Surnames > Backus

Peggy, we are researching the same Wm Francis Backus, he is my gr.gr. grandfather. But most of my info. is different than yours. I do show the same dates for Wm though. According to my info (Wm. pension re...

Florinda Backus, Fowler NY Posted on: 05 May 1999, by John Edgar Reed

Surnames > Backus

I need info on my great great grandmother Florinda Backus. She was married to John Amos Reed and lived in Fowler, NY, and Orleans, MA. Their children were Senie, Alford, Bertha, Burt, Leslie, and Perl. Any ...

Absalom Backus Posted on: 24 Jan 1999, by Judith Wilson

Surnames > Backus

I have gotten my Backus line back to Absalom Backus in Pittsfield MA. He was married to Abigail Luce in 1803. At first I thought he was the son of Lebbeus Backus from CT. But them I found another Absalom Backus who married R...

BACKUS Posted on: 04 Feb 1999, by  llscott2000

Surnames > Backus

I am seeking the ancestors and descendants of Betsey Watrous Backus (1801-1891) who married James Hatch of Granville, Washington, NY in 1821. I do not know if Watrous is her maiden name or middle name. Any ...

BACKUS, Joseph Posted on: 23 Feb 1999, by  Millicent500

Surnames > Backus

Joseph BACKUS b. c. 1876/7 possibly in Scranton, PA married Sarah (Sadie) TONER bef 1906. In 1920 they are living on 52nd St in NYC and have two children: Robert (14) and Jane(11). I would appreciate hearin...

BACKUS queries Posted on: 14 Jan 1999, by  MCornwell4816

Surnames > Backus

This query board is only for the BACKUS surname and their families. If your query does NOT indicate any connection to the BACKUS surname, I will delete immediately.

per page