Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Bute" - 3,533 Messages

per page

Wilson Family Posted on: 22 Jul 2000, by  JoyceWest45

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Jackson

William Wilson was born near Washington D.C. in 1747, married Susannah ? around 1768 in or near Bute Co. N.C., was a Revolutionary War soldier in York Co. S.C. and moved to Jackson Co.Ga by 1799. William ...

Mardelle D. Rogge OBITUARY Posted on: 18 Oct 2002, by Volunteer

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Fayette

Services for Mardelle D. Rogge, 81, of Battle Creek, Iowa, were held October 16, 2002, at the First Presbyterian Church in Battle Creek. The Rev. Kevin J. Freese officiating. Burial was in the Mount...

EDWARD GANSEMER Posted on: 28 Feb 2005, by  VickiLConklin

Localities > North America > United States > States > Colorado > Counties > Phillips

...and Fred J. of Paoli and Alfred of Nebraska, and three sisters, Mrs. Sullivan of Houston, Texas, Mrs. Bute and Mrs. Sneider of Paoli; also many other relatives and loved ones to mourn his departure. His b...

Brown/Bobbitt marriage Posted on: 04 Jan 2000, by Jayne Loftice

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Warren

I have a book of marriages and looked up both names. Nothing on Sterling Brown in Warren/Bute County, but found where a Polly Bobbitt obtained a marriage bond with Miles Ellis on 04 Feb 1813. Could this have be...

William Cole - Chatham County, NC bef 1824 Posted on: 24 Jan 2000, by Richard Pickett

Surnames > Cole

...------------------------------------------------------------ Birth: bef 1755 VA Property: 14 Aug 1770 170 acres Tax List: 1771 Bute County, NC Property: 23 Feb 1771 Bute County, NC Property: 14 Feb 1776 Bute County, NC Military:...

searching south australian Charlesworths Posted on: 06 Aug 2000, by Miriam Hunter

Localities > Oceania > Australia > South Australia > General

...Christopher, (my father; teacher Naracoorte, Mount Gambier, Adelaide, Port Augusta), Elizabeth, (teacher Bute SA), George, (Adelaide Central Markets) and Ruth (teacher: Loxton SA)

Bute County families Posted on: 04 Jan 2000, by  jnj3568

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Warren

Looking for information on members of the Benjamin Jones family who lived in the Hawtree District of Bute County. They came down from Virginia and settled near Hawtree Creek and the "Old Trading Path" ...

JENKINS FAMILIES OF ST NINIANS Posted on: 26 May 1999, by Billy Jenkins

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Stirlingshire > General

...WHO MARRIED ISABELLA WHITE IN ST NINIANS @1786 ESPECIALLY WELCOME. BILLY JENKINS ROTHESAY,ISLE OF BUTE SCOTLAND

WILLIAMS Posted on: 08 Oct 2006, by  JeannieParksC...

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Alamance

Please, any help you can lend to me in proving the ancestors of my Samuel Williams would be appreciated. The nice lady at the Person County Library contacted a Williams researcher but he did not wan...

OUTHOUSE Posted on: 01 Mar 2001, by Cathy Mazur

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Westchester

My great great grandfather Noble Throop born c. 1830 at Point de Bute, NB, Canada married Elizabeth Outhouse born c. 1834 and died Aug 12, 1912 at age 78. I have reason to believe that she was related to ...

Warren County Marriages Posted on: 04 Jan 2000, by Jayne Loftice

I purchased a book entitled "Marriages of Warren and Bute Counties, North Carolina" which lists marriages intended from 1764 - 1868. In other words, those who obtained marriage bonds during that...

Samuel R. Smith NC/TN Posted on: 02 Jan 2000, by Larry Smith

Surnames > Smith

I'm looking for information on Samuel R. Smith, b abt. 1760 in Bute (now Warren) Co. NC. Fought in Revolutionary War. Thanks, Larry

Reunion Posted on: 31 Jul 2000, by Vicky McCurdy

Topics > Reunion Announcements > Reunions (General)

...McCurdy line. We haven't yet found the connection between his family in Springfield, Missouri and Isle of Bute. But, I would love to help out with some sort of a reunion! And, we live right smack in the m...

WILBANKS Posted on: 14 Jul 1998, by Elnita Wilbanks Owens

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Granville

Seeking info on parents and siblings of William Wilbanks born 1746 Bute County. Desperately need this info. Am Against brick wall. William Wilbanks married Abarilla Gostwick, daughter of Joseph and Abarilla Yans...

BEST Posted on: 18 Jan 2000, by  Joseph_Lassit...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Independent Cities > City of Nansemond

...daughter Elizabeth (1808-1871) married Henry Clay Lassiter of Hertford Co., NC. I would bet that your Bute Co., NC is actually Bertie Co., NC, which is next to Hertford Co. and Gates Co., NC.

McCurdy Reunion in US Posted on: 02 May 2000, by Lynn McCurdy Robinson

...the year 2001? To give us all time to organize? What do you think? I know that I would love to go to Bute to do it...but I don't think that is going to happen....we could do it in conjunction with a Scott...

Re: William Mathews 1841 census Posted on: 15 Feb 2006, by  KazLWilliams

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Carmarthenshire > General

Colin,he wasnt in Carms in 1841but think I found him in Glamorgan.Bute Dock/Newport,Cardiff.Thomas Barnett/35/Occupation ? man Unreadable?/N.Grace Barnett/40/N.Sarah Barnett/15/N.William Mathews/13/N.Caro...

McCurdy Reunion 1989 Posted on: 01 May 2000, by Shane McCurdy

You are correct in believing that there was a McCurdy reunion on the Isle of Bute in 1989. I was one of the speakers after the dinner on the Friday night. I was not directly involved with the organisaiton...

McCurdy Reunion? Posted on: 28 Apr 2000, by Lynn McCurdy Robinson

A few years back, on the Isle of Bute, McCurdy;s (all spellings), had an ALL World Reunion. Has anyone heard if it will be happening again? I talked, about a year ago, to a Catherine Clegg in Rothesay, Bu...

Francis Capps after 1763 Posted on: 26 Jan 2000, by  EuniceBoucher

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Bute

...wife was Henrietta ? They had a son Joshua. I found a deed dated 1763 in Granville County NC, later Bute and Warren County, where he grants 150 acres to his son Joshua. I have the will of Joshua dated 180...

Re: Bailey Posted on: 14 Nov 2004, by  EMLEWIS3

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Tuscaloosa

...Bailey. 1100 + names are listed on this line. Also abook was published by Rex Bailey on Bailey's from Bute, NC. I would like info on the rest of Nancy' siblings.

James Denby Posted on: 09 Nov 1998, by  ajobebrown

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Granville

...Cypress Swamp, joining Ratleys line, Brinkleys old line and Simmons line. (This was part that later became Bute and then Franklin Co, NC) Witnesses: John Hawkins and Will Johnson - surveyed April 3, 1758 ...

Re: MULLINS FAMILY Posted on: 06 Sep 2001, by R. Ryan

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Jones

...the son of Thomas Mullen/Mullins who was born abt. 1720 in Perquimans Co., N.C. and died 1775-79 in Bute Co., N.C. (later became Franklin Co.) and Anne Mallone who was born in Surry Co., Va. If so, this ...

Calliers Posted on: 29 Jan 2001, by  suemoore92

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Greene

...believe the Calliers you mention are a part of the extended family of Robert Caller/Callier family of Bute Co. NC (became Warren and Franklin). In some of this families' deed or will abstracts Greene Coun...

Beebe Posted on: 05 Jan 2000, by  moshergenweb

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Carroll

Actually, yes...I checked the index and they had read it as Bute, but relooking at the name, it probably is Beebe. I will scan that section of the page and email it to you later. Will also check for a Sop...

Sanders in Bute/Franklin County NC Posted on: 26 Jan 2000, by Robin Coulter

Surnames > Sanders

...Sanders) was born in 1801 in Franklin Co., NC. His father (Micajah Wade Sanders) was born abt 1774 in Bute Co., NC and died in 1833 in Jones County, Georgia. I have info on most of the family since then (...

Re: PUGH MARRIAGE BOOK Posted on: 11 Jun 2002, by Wynnette T. Welch

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Pike

...E. Ratcliff: Pugh: (Capt.) Daniel....................Chow...1753 David................................Bute....1771. David................................FWV....1771 Francis...........................

William Ferguson Posted on: 27 Nov 1999, by  john_philpot

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > Yakima

My Maternal Grandfather's brother, William FERGUSON, was born 12 Apr 1877 in Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Scotland. He married Bertha Lucy ELBROW in England in 1899. They settled in the Yakima area and became ...

saunders in scotland Posted on: 09 Jan 2000, by  dliz908

Surnames > Saunders

...while in Canada, may have been born in scotland, his father Robert was for sure. I have the Isle of Bute as were they are from, but i can't find any record of ANY saunders living in that place at at that ...

origine,renseignement sur les noms MENET,WAROQUIER? Posted on: 23 Mar 2000, by Menet-Lerable

Localities > Western Europe > France > Picardie

...des noms MENET, WAROQUIER,LASSEAUX,ainsi que tous renseignements généalogiques . Je débute et suis inscrit chez GENEANET et CAILGEO; pour réponses et (ou) renseignements autres, contac...

Collier in NC and AL Posted on: 11 Mar 2001, by  suemoore92

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Oglethorpe

...felt fairly certain they were not connected to my Robert Callier/Caller/Collier who was in Granville/Bute/Warren Cos. NC, just over the line from Brunswick VA, from about 1749(first documentaion of buying...

Florence Juergens Posted on: 01 Mar 2003, by  NJBF

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Franklin

...class. She will be fondly remembered by her family and friends. She is survived by one sister, Dorothy Bute of Sullivan, her daughter-in-law, Margarie Crow of St. Louis, one nephew, George David William...

seamen's crew lists Posted on: 18 Mar 2005, by maggie

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > Ships from England

...no joy in finding my elusive ancestor Samuel OLiver who was a merchant seamen in the 1841 census of Bute.I think he was deceased by 1855 as i can't locate a death on scotland's people site.any help would ...

Re: BENJAMIN &SUSAN(WORTHEN)REED Posted on: 05 Feb 2004, by  kapnkarl11

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Page

Jackie, While researching my "Reid" family from Page Co., IA I collected information on Benjamin Reed's family. There are some nice biographies about them in a Page County History Book. (M...

Paul Horst Birthday Book, Kansas Posted on: 16 Nov 1999, by  ladyfelix17

Topics > Research Resources > Genealogy e-zines > Somebody's Links

...9/11/1893 Brubaker, J. Protus 3/30/1902 Brunk, Esther M 7/29/1901 Buckhart, Clara 3/16/1899 Bute, Iva 1/4/1895 Byler, Joseph N Manson,Iowa 6/7/1903 Camp, Melinda 6/29/1878 Charles, J.D. ...

Re: KERNODLE/WITT marriage Posted on: 07 Mar 2003, by Lloyd Brown

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Alamance

Cheryl, I am not at all sure that this is the correct Sarah "Sally" Witt but will pass it on as a possible hint and maybe to generate some interest in the list. Information from "Teth...

Re: BOUCQ ou BOUC Posted on: 06 Apr 2003, by  m_boucq

Localities > Western Europe > France > Poitou-Charentes

...de l'avancée de tes recherches (communes, documents utilisés ...). En ce qui me concerne je bute en deça des actes de catholicité. Une partie de mes ancêtres devait être prot...

Johnson-Tennessee>Iowa>Oregon 1847 Posted on: 22 Jan 2000, by  dsmith45

Surnames > Johnson

...JOHNSON family: 1 James JOHNSON b May 10, 1759 in Hertford Co, NC +Delila BENNETT b July 21, 1767 in Bute Co, NC .......2 Joel JOHNSON b Abt 1783 ......2 Sarah JOHNSON b Abt 1786 .......2 Elizabeth JOHN...

Re: John Franklin REID & Mary McCULLOUGH Posted on: 17 May 2002, by  kapnkarl11

Laura, I'm familiar with this line of Reids after searching in Page Co., Iowa for my Reid line. They are not connected as far as I know. Do you know Barbara (Reid) Erickson? She is a descendant of...

Re: William RUNYAN/RUNYON Family - Babcock Posted on: 29 Jul 2003, by  kapnkarl10

Meri, James Isaac Maranville's sister, Sarah Ann was my GG GrandAunt. She was married to Robert H. Babcock, my GG Grandmother Mary E. Babcock Reid's brother. I have collected a lot of information abo...

Irene Marie Borecky (1915-2002) obit Posted on: 22 Jan 2003, by  NelliBlu28

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nebraska > Counties > Lancaster

...Marie, 86, Lincoln, died Thursday (5/23/02). Born, Clatonia (11/8/15), to Edward and Minnie (Roker) Bute. Retired, University of Nebraska, Love Library. Member, Calvary United Methodist Church, Ladies Aux...

Best Posted on: 15 Jan 2000, by  Rockycay

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Independent Cities > City of Nansemond

I have a record that Kedar Best of Nansemond Co. Va. bought land in 1766 in Bute Co. NC. He had a brother named John. Any leads re. them?

Sensing family history Posted on: 10 Jan 2000, by Janice Sensing

Surnames > Sensing

...James is listed on the Oct. 8, 1754 roster of the Granville County Militia Company. He died in 1768 in Bute Co., N.C. His sons were Charles, James Peter. Daughters were Lucretia, Susannah and Mildred. Th...

Looking for Maternal Gr. Uncle Posted on: 20 Jul 1999, by  john_philpot

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > Yakima

I am trying to locate descendants of William FERGUSON born in Rothesay, Isle of Bute, Scotland 15th Feb. 1877. Died 12th Dec. 1943 in Venice. Los Angeles, California. Buried at Terrace Hts. Memorial Park....

best. kittrell Posted on: 13 Jan 2000, by  Rockycay

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Vance

...married a Mithchell and had a Kittrell address in the early 1900s. Any info? I am finding some info in Bute, Granville, and Warren County but Vance seems a likely place to check as well. Thanks.

2 HANNA families Posted on: 06 Nov 2000, by Dennis V Carter

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Livingston

...MCKEE 4)Alice E b abt1855 IL md George W HARN 5)Charles William b abt1859-60 IL md Florence Drusilla BUTE 6)Francina b 1860 IL 7)Syna/Sinah b 06May1860 IL md William Enoch DARNELL/DARNALL (*)note: while ...

Second Street Presb. Church, Troy Hare/Bennett marriage Dec 23, 1878 Posted on: 26 Jul 2006, by  burkedo

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Rensselaer

Is there anyone in Troy who could possibly look up the marriage of Agnes Hare to John Bennett in the Second Street Presbyterian Church records for me. That's what the listing shows in familysearch.org...

Re: HOLCOMBS >NC>TN>ALA>TX Posted on: 19 Nov 2002, by  Leannell

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Unknown

William Alfred Holcomb was b. June 1, 1801 in North Car. or maybe Tn. He was a twin to Robert Nelson Holcomb. W.A. died January 16, 1869,in Bell County, Texas, and is buried in Carpenter's Cemetery,...

recherche BOSSA d'origine italienne Posted on: 24 May 1999, by florence bossa

Localities > Western Europe > France > Pieds-Noirs

Bonjour Je débute dans mon arbre généalogique. De famille Pieds-Noirs (d'Algérie)d'origine italienne, j'ai du mal à récupérer des infos peut-être pourrez-vous m'aid...

sally kennedy Posted on: 16 Jan 2000, by jean linhart

Surnames > Sandlin

...Randolph. and Anna a girl.most were born in the 1730s all moeved to Granville Nc in 1754 which became Bute Co later to Franklin co. hte counties change there names and you have to know when or your lost...

per page