Search the Boards

Search Results for "Bute" - 3,457 Messages

per page

LYON, Mary circa 1680 Posted on: 08 Jul 1998, by Robert Douglas Macfie

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > General

...family would be very much appreciated ...... I do believe that the Lyon family originated on the Ilse of Bute .... but nothing I have so far can confirm this ...... Robert McFie came from Bute this I have reg...

James Denby Posted on: 09 Nov 1998, by  ajobebrown

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Granville

...Cypress Swamp, joining Ratleys line, Brinkleys old line and Simmons line. (This was part that later became Bute and then Franklin Co, NC) Witnesses: John Hawkins and Will Johnson - surveyed April 3, 1758 ...

WILBANKS Posted on: 14 Jul 1998, by Elnita Wilbanks Owens

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Granville

Seeking info on parents and siblings of William Wilbanks born 1746 Bute County. Desperately need this info. Am Against brick wall. William Wilbanks married Abarilla Gostwick, daughter of Joseph and Abarilla Yans...

Family tree Posted on: 22 Sep 1998, by Diane MacKenzie

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Western Isles

...Uig and Carloway. The MacLennans were from the Isle of Lewis also, but relocated to Rothesay, Isle of Bute in the mid 1800's. The family has research as far back as we can find for now, MacKenzie's to the...

John Smart Posted on: 24 Oct 1998, by  JOYMOSSMILLER

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Rutherford

...Colonies. John and Frances settled in NC and references to them are found in several land deeds for Bute Co., Granville Co., Mecklenburg Co., and Rutherford Co., North Carolina. Hope this info helps. If y...

Re: LINDSEY (WEST, MEACHAM, LACY...) Posted on: 01 Jan 1900, by  mylines2007

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Christian

...one of these surnames, then one of your ancestors is Thomas West. Sr. of Chatham, Orange, Granville, Bute, & Edgecomb Counties NC.

Not possible Posted on: 05 Dec 1998, by Sandy

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Vance

...three other counties: Granville, Warren and Franklin. In addition, given the 1771 date you offer....BUTE County was in existence from 1764 (formed from Granville) until 1779 when it was split to form the two ne...

EDWARDS Posted on: 16 Apr 1998, by Ray K. Edwards, Jr.

Localities > North America > United States > States > Virginia > Counties > Warren

...Beaufort County, N>C> Died 15 May 1765. Wit's on will Joel Moody and Joseph Edwards will filed in Bute County and Warren Cunty, NC rec'd July 1765. Wife Jane no other information. Children born to this uni...

Re: WILLIAMS, FLOYD Posted on: 01 Jan 1900, by Karen Fowler Caldwell

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Marion

...Talbert Williams, 2yrs, 8 months and Master Jessie Wallace Williams, 5 months. The puppy is named Little Bute, 3 months. This picture was taken in Lexington, KY. It is out of a album belonging to my gre...

Re: WILLIAMS, FLOYD Posted on: 01 Jan 1900, by Karen Fowler Caldwell

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Marion

...Talbert Williams, 2yrs, 8 months and Master Jessie Wallace Williams, 5 months. The puppy is named Little Bute, 3 months. This picture was taken in Lexington, KY. It is out of a album belonging to my gre...

MURRAY, John Johnston born 1871 Posted on: 25 Nov 1998, by Ian Murray

Localities > Oceania > Australia > General

John Johnston Murray born 22/07/1871 from Bute or Glasgow Scotland emigrated to Aus. to work as a postman. f Donald Campbell Murray, m Jane Johnston. Own UK family wants to find decendants of this person...

HALE Posted on: 07 Nov 1998, by  LeonHale60

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Hertfordshire > General

...Wiilian Hale left Plymouth 1874 on ship Earl Dalhousie for Sth Australia arrived 1875, died 1930 at Bute in SA.

Wright lineage Posted on: 27 Nov 1998, by Bobbie Constable

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Bute

...father. John H. Wright and family farmed in the Mecklenburg Co. VA and Granville, Vance, Co. and possibly Bute Co areas. Do wonder about who Sophia's family was Bobbie Constable bcandbc@jps.net

SOLOMON Posted on: 28 Oct 1998, by Jacob L. Bateman III

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Bute

...SOLOMON, who is mentioned in thebook North Carolina Tax Payers 1701-1786. He is listed as paying taxes in Bute County in 1771. I would like to find out what property real or persona,l he may be paying taxes on i...

MARSHALL's in Bute/Warren Co's. Posted on: 05 Nov 1998, by Anita

Hello, Researching the descendents of SAMUEL MARSHALL, STEPHEN MARSHALL, CHARLES MARSHALL in Bute/Warren Co NC. Do you know who the children or grandchildren were and where they went too?? Need place and...

Moss geneology Posted on: 12 Nov 1998, by Betty Young

Researching the decendents of DAVID MOSS SR.and CATHERINE PRICE. The first record we have is in Bute county where David Moss of Brunswick county buys 200 acres of land from William Wood of Bute Co. on Nov. 11, 1777....

SANSING or SAINSING ? Posted on: 15 Nov 1998, by E.W. Hendon

Researching the SAINSING or SANSING family who were in Bute County in the late 1700's. These people migrated to Alabama and Mississippi in the 1800's. Thanks.

Looking fo info Posted on: 24 Nov 1998, by Charles Nicholson

Looking fo info about the Nicholson family in Bute County

Beith in Bute Posted on: 24 Oct 1998, by John Beith

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ayrshire > General

Judy -- The generations of Beith's in my family trace back to Rothesay in the county of Bute. I have direct evidence that links the line back to the late 1700's in Rothesay. The key marriages look somethi...

Old Cumnock Posted on: 27 Dec 1998, by Mary Breer

...Ebenezer m Jane Smith from Ochiltree, both David and Ebenezer worked on the Estate of the Marquis of Bute at Dumfries House.

GUTHRIE, GOOD, MacINTYRE Posted on: 11 Jul 1998, by Norm Guthrie

...MacIntyre James Guthrie b 1814 Dundonald, Ayr married to Isabella MacIntyre b 1819 Isle of Arran, Kilmory, Bute William Guthrie b 1791 Dundonald, Ayr married to Susan Good Branches of the Guthrie famil...

Search for McCaws Posted on: 24 Nov 1998, by  Martin M'Caw

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Down > General

Any link between McCaw family name and the Isle of Bute in Scotland in the 18th century? It's my understanding that's when they went to Ulster. John McCaw 1783-1868 Robert McCaw 1809-1881 John McCaw son ...

Robert WILSON m. Margaret COCHRANE 1824 in Barony Glasgow Posted on: 02 Nov 1998, by Allen Butler

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

1. Robert WILSON m. Margaret COCHRANE 1824 in Barony Glasgow. Children i. John Cochrane b. abt. 1826 2 Second Generation 2. John Cochrane WILSON b. abt. 1826, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, m. J...

Gillam Wilbanks b.1755 NC ? Posted on: 12 Dec 1998, by Robert M. Wilbanks IV

Surnames > Wilbanks

...the brother of William Wilbanks, Sr., the Revolutionary War Soldier who married Abarilla Gossett in Bute County, North Carolina and settled in Union District, South Carolina, from where he served. When Abarilla ...

William Woolbanks-Wilbanks & Abarilla Gossett Posted on: 28 Dec 1998, by  RMWIV

Surnames > Wilbanks

...Granville County, North Carolina. Granville County was formed from Edgecombe County in 1746, and then Bute County, North Carolina was formed from Granville County in 1764 and then was abolished in 1779. On a t...

Benjamin Bledsoe & Malinda Terrell Posted on: 08 May 1999, by  paulbledsoe1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Talladega

...b. 1755/74 per 1800 census d. after her husband Rush Bledsoe owned 640 ac. of land on Lyon's Creek, Bute Co., NC ("Bute Co., NC Land Grant Plats and Land Entries") Rush's father was a George Bleds...

HOLZE HOLTZE Posted on: 25 Mar 1999, by  LeonHale60

Localities > Western Europe > France > Alsace

...in England 25 November 1880 in Port Pirie, South Australia 6 January 1930 in Heart, aged 73 Years, Bute, South Australia Cause of death: Cerebral Thrombosis Heart Attack # chldn: 12 2 W...

info on my surname Posted on: 10 May 1999, by Alexandre BURG

Localities > Western Europe > France > Alsace

...à SAND et ma mère (dont le nom de jeune fille est OBER) est née à ANDLAU). Je débute dans le monde de la généalogie. Donc si vous avez des trucs et astuces pour mener &...

John McGuffee Posted on: 29 Jan 1999, by  BGrimstead

Surnames > McGuffie

...1670..He married Susannah Pagett, Children of John and Susannah are: Sarah McGuffee Ephraim D. 11 Mar 1778, Bute Co. N.C. Susannah born 1694 John McGuffee born 1698 ( my g-g-g-g-g-g- granddaddy) There is...

Request for Information Posted on: 22 Jan 1999, by Kevin D. McLemore

I am looking for information on Adkins (Atkins) McLemore, who owned land at one time or another in Bute, Granvilles, Warren, and Franklin Counties. He was a representative to the NC House of Commons from ...

HAZELWOOD CATLETT Posted on: 10 Feb 1999, by  PamMullinax42...

Looking for any information on the families of CATLETT and HASELWOOD who showed up in Bute / Granville / Franklin Counties, NC in the mid-1700s. Hazelwood CATLETT settled and died on his land on Cedar Cre...

RICHARD MEDLIN IN GRANVILLE CO Posted on: 14 Mar 1999, by  sascha12

...which, Richard Nicholas, b. 4/1699 in New Kent Co., VA, m. Ann Owen, d/o William Owen, prominent in Bute and Granville. Nicholas and Ann had Nicholas, b. 1720, Wm. Owen in 1723, and Joseph, 1730. Joseph a...

Thorburn family Posted on: 14 Jan 1999, by Una Fisher

Localities > Africa > South Africa > General

Seeking descendants of my grandmother's sister, Grace Stirling Duncan Thorburn, who emigrated with her family to South Africa from Rothesay on the Isle of Bute, Scotland.

Riggans Posted on: 22 Apr 1999, by  noladuffy

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Vance

I can only guess that your Riggans may be descended from Francis Riggan of Granville/Bute/Warren Co. Since Francis Riggan married Mary Pegram in 1759, I am looking for all descendants of this line since I...

Tucker, Murphy, Harris, Cooke, Hayes, Foster, Blacknall Posted on: 15 Jan 1999, by Grace ("Gee") Tucker Fruit

...was from, but a John Tucker is mentioned in a will abstract for the estate sale of Thomas Harris in Bute Co. in 1770. It is quite possible that Mary Alice's family was from Vance Co. On my father's matern...

Adcocks Creek Posted on: 27 Mar 1999, by Rusty

...20 years of its establishment, Granville Co. had lost more than half of its territory to Orange Co. Bute Co.(presently Warren and Franklin Counties) and Vance Co. Jim you need to check out the other count...

Daniel Pegram - 1777 Warren Co. Posted on: 24 Apr 1999, by  noladuffy

...Archives In the name of God Amen, I, DANIEL PEGRAM of the Province of North Carolina and County of Bute being weak in body, but of a sound sense and memory, and knowing the frailty of this life, and that...

WOOD, Adison Posted on: 07 Feb 1999, by Transcriber

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Grundy

...and was born in 1822. He was married, in Dundee, Kane Co., Ill., December 16, 1847, to Miss Catharine BUTE. When he first came to this county, Mr. WOOD bought 1O0 acres of Government land, for which he pa...

Ca 1799 Posted on: 16 Mar 1999, by Velvet

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Counties > Franklin

...possibilities for the ancestor of our Thomas. One may be Richard who wound up in Old Granville..then old Bute..then Warren Granville area... The historucal society's family authors had some of the same ex...

McLEAN Surname Posted on: 10 Feb 1999, by Dot Wells

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Victoria > General

Do you have a Daniel McLEAN (b.Bute,Scotland.) m. Margaret CUST (b.Colac,VIC.) in VIC,1866, in your tree? Regards Dot Wells

MACLEAN Surname Posted on: 07 Mar 1999, by Dot Wells

...out,(so far) they came to Victoria,Australia in the 1850s. Catherine was born 23 Aug 1833, in Rothesay, Bute, SCT. If she could be yours, let me know as I have her sisters and her parents details. She was...

MACLEAN Surname Posted on: 07 Mar 1999, by Dot Wells

...b.1826, Mary b.1831, Isobel b.1829, Catherine b. 1833 and Janet b.1835. All of the children were born in Bute, SCT. I would particularly like to know when they came to VIC. Any help will be greatly apprec...

Brunskill Family Posted on: 19 Feb 1999, by Cathryn Bishop

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Durham > General

...Towers, Queensland, Australia. Elizabeth died, and Joe then married Annie McCulloch, from Rothesay, Bute.Can anyone offer any information regarding these people?

Wilson Family Posted on: 06 Jan 1999, by Ronald Wilson

I am looking for help in locating William Wilson's parents and siblings. They lived in Bute County circa 1764 - 1776. William was married to Susanah, or Anna in Bute County. They had two children while living in Bute County, Fennel a...

Wilson Family Posted on: 29 Jan 1999, by M.D. Haverstic

Am wondering if your Wilson family of Virginia, Bute County NC, South Carolina and Georgia is at all related to mine. I have no early dates, but my grandmother, Virginia Edith BROWN, b. 1900, was the daugther of...

Wilson Family Tree Posted on: 03 Feb 1999, by Ronald Wilson

Thanks for your inquiry regarding the Wilson's of Virginia, Bute County, South Carolina and Georgia. I do not have the names you listed in my files. If you will check the link I am including to the Family Tree M...

James A. Collins Posted on: 10 Jan 1999, by  inalee1

...and six children. His wife was Susan Barnes of Granville County. It is believed that they came from Bute County. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

HANCOCK Posted on: 10 Jan 1999, by  1416W

Good day - I'm seeking info about John HANCOCK, born 3/29/1769 in Bute County, to Samuel HANCOCK and his wife Mildred (DAWSON). John married Jane SKEEN (date/place UNK), and he passed away 7/31/1842 in Indiana. ...

JOHN HANCOCK/JANE SKEEN Posted on: 14 Feb 1999, by Lisa Craven

This is in response to your Bute Co., NC Query. John Hancock and Jane Skeen had 9 children. 1-Samuel b. 1796 Franklin Co., NC, (m. Anna Avery in Wilson Co., TN; d. 1847 in Harrison Co.,IN; 2-Matthew b. 17...

TUCKER, MURPHY, HARRIS Posted on: 10 Jan 1999, by grace tucker fruit

...brothers, Willaim Ellis TUCKER married Josephine Edwards and they had 10 children (9 daughters and 1 son). A Bute Co. sale of estate of Thomas Harris mentions a William Tucker, Sr. and John Tucker, Jr. Si...

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions