Search the Boards

Search Results for "Walter I Chard" - 67 Messages

per page

Dean of Taunton Posted on: 30 Jun 1999, by Ken Cooper

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Bristol

I don't know if any of these was a Colonel Dean, but they did reside in Taunton, though perhaps a bit early. Do you know his first name? 1 Walter Dean b: ABT May 13, 1612 in Chard, Somerset, Eng...

Walter Deane of Chard Posted on: 24 Jul 1999, by Barb Bev Drane

Surnames > Deane

Our records show that Walter Deane m. Johanna or Joan Walsele 12 Nov. 1565 at Buckland St. Mary, England Walter died between 1585 1591. His will was dated 1591. His wife died in 1592. Their daughter Elinor(Elean...

Chards in London Posted on: 22 Mar 2000, by Sylvia Chard

Surnames > Chard

Steve, Do you have any information on Walter Baynton Chard in London? He was the first of Her Majesty's Inspector of Schools with special responsibility for children with special educational needs (probably term...

Chards in London Posted on: 01 Apr 2000, by Sylvia Chard

Surnames > Chard

Steve, One of my Chard ancestors was the vicar of a church in Spittalfields, London. I am wondering if he was Charles William Chard born in Lambeth, brother of Walter Bayntin Chard. Are these London Chards of mine part of ...

John Chard VC London Chards Posted on: 01 Apr 2000, by Sylvia Chard

Surnames > Chard

Steve, Do you know how closely John Chard VC is related to the Lambeth brothers, Frederick, Walter and Charles? Or should i say 'if'?

Deacon James Dean Posted on: 28 Jun 2000, by  DDean2855

Surnames > Deane

Thank you for the birthdate of James. If I understand your note correctly Walter had a son named (1) James who married Elizabeth James Waters who had a (2)son named James who married Sarah Tisdal. Now did th...

Newfoundland connection Posted on: 15 Jul 2000, by Roly Pretty

Surnames > Pretty

Greg,my gfather's name was Walter Pretty, born in Dildo,Nfld, either 1879 or 1882.He died in Sydney, Nova Scotia in 1960. His mother's name was Mary. He had a twin named Eli. His father is unknown. He did h...

Walter Dean Posted on: 04 Aug 2000, by Connie

Surnames > Deane

I am helping Charles Dean (83 yrs. old) with his genealogy. He has traced his line back to Walter Dean of South Chard (b. 1613). He has registered a website and wishes to share his information with Walter Dean's descen...

Re: MAYLOR born Oldham Lancashire abt 1880 Posted on: 24 May 2001, by  brianconnorb

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Lancashire > General

I notice that this family name in Lancashire is from Liverpool and Manchester area's. In some cases two family names are living in the same street, safe bet they are related huh ??? Hope you find this...

WROBLEWSKI (Martin P) 1898 - 1960 Posted on: 10 Sep 2001, by  MAKKuehl

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Portage

...GROSHEK, John LUDWIKOWSKI, Joseph MISIEWICZ, Joseph FOX and Alois CHILLA. Mr WROBLEWSKI, a World War I veteran, died Friday at the Veterans Hospital at Wood, where he had been a patient for two weeks....

SINGLETON FAMILY SOMERSET & WANDSWORTH Posted on: 24 Nov 2001, by  RegSingleton

Surnames > Singleton

My ancestors came from Chard and Chillington, Somerset: JOEL 1730? wife MARY? son THOMAS b1761 wife SARAH BAGWELL , children: Thomas b1791, JOEL b1793, Francis and Bebjamin b1799.others? JOEL b1793 wife C...

Re: Towle - UK/Nott's Posted on: 12 Jan 2002, by  hazeltowle

Surnames > Towle

I am looking for ancestors of Walter Towle born 18/3/1882. his father and mother were Joseph Towle b. 1842 in Sawley Derbyshire and Sarah Hill b. 1848 in Chard Somerset. They all came to live in Beeston, Notts ar...

Re: Deacon James Dean/Walter Deane Posted on: 16 Jan 2002, by David J. Dean

Surnames > Deane

Yes, my Walter was the son of William Dean of Chard., Eng. I will be glad to share any information I have at this point. David J. Dean

Re: SINGLETON FAMILY SOMERSET & WANDSWORTH Posted on: 18 Jul 2002, by  PILOTG26762

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Somerset > General

Just thought you might be interested but my Grandfather Walter Hertbert Paull was born in Winsham, Chard,Somerset and although she was not registered he was delivered by the local midwife Selena Singleton (there...

Walter P. Lillingston, Clerk in Holy Orders,1901 Posted on: 06 Feb 2003, by  gnomeworks

I am searching for any descendents of Walter Lillingston. He is listed in the 1901 census as residing on Fore Street ,in Chard. Mark Denington, Toronto proud grandson of BHC Lucy Pugsley

Re: Harry Chard, NJ Posted on: 21 Jul 2003, by Bea

Surnames > Chard

Alicia: I may have information on Harry Chard. The name and location are right. If your Harry Chard had a brother, Allen and was orphaned and raised by an aunt after his parents died, he is related to researc...

William Walter Lendon Chard, b. 1843 Taunton, Devon Posted on: 15 Sep 2003, by  bvcatherino

Surnames > Chard

If anyone has information about Wm. Walter Lendon Chard or his father William Lendon Chard, I would appreciate hearing from you. Wm. Walter Lendon Chard is also known as Walter Chard. He was b. in Taunton, Devon; married at St. Pancra...

Re: UK Chards 1837-1920 Posted on: 05 Dec 2003, by  bvcatherino

Surnames > Chard

Steve: Your new site was very helpful to me. I found Wm. Walter Lendon Chard, B. in Sept. 1843 in Taunton and married in St. Pancras, Sept. 1868. Recently I found the marriage certificate through the Family ...

Re: Walter Gibbs Posted on: 29 May 2004, by  ltrotter_1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Londonderry > General

...spratt woman. he workrd at westland aircraft co in the sheet metal dep.he died about 1945? family places i remember,are chard,taunton,bath,yeovil. i was born in martock 1935.WHO DID YOUR BERT MARRY? what nam...

Re: norman family bristol england Posted on: 09 Aug 2004, by Keith Wallwork

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Gloucestershire > General

Hi Carol I think this is William Taunton St Mary High Street 75 NORMAN William 50 Boot & Shoemaker Taunton, Som. Mary 50 Devon Little Empston Charlotte 15 Milliner & ...

Re: Need some information on the Land Family Posted on: 08 Jan 2005, by  ltrotter_1

Surnames > Land

most of my land were born and died in and around the somerset area,i left in 1964. i remember one lot moving to canada but that was in the mid 1900's. family names of begining 1900's were syd,bert,nell...

Chard Family and Lendon Family, Silversmiths in Taunton? Posted on: 08 Sep 2005, by bvcatherino

Surnames > Chard

I am seeking information on William Chard, a silversmith in Taunton, Somerset 1800 approx. up to 1881. His son was named Walter William Lendon Chard, b. 1843 in Taunton (Devon) Somerset. There is a connection to ...

Chard Family from Gateshead Posted on: 18 Oct 2005, by  salhutchinson...

Surnames > Chard

Looking for information on Ann watson Chard born 1883 in Gateshead . She married George Walter Arnold also of Gateshead. I think her father was William Chard but that is all i know Thanks

Census lookup or help please Posted on: 28 Nov 2005, by  salhutchinson...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > Yorkshire - North Riding > General

I hope i have the right board for this. I am looking for information on The Arnold Family from Gateshead. I have George Walter Arnold who married Ann Watson Chard (B 1883) in Gateshead. Georges Father was Charl...

re: Harvey Posted on: 13 Jun 2006, by Estella Pickering

John Harvey was born in 1861 in Wycombe. He married Ellen in Wendover and Walter and George were born in Wycombe, the rest in Barnet, as I found them on the 1901 census. I thought he died in Chard, as the John H...

Re: Walter Lawrence / Thomas Jennings Posted on: 05 May 2005, by  janfrey16

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Madison

...John(father) in Poplar Bluff, Mo. and his mom Emma was born in Bethalto, Il. Bethalto is also where Walter is buried. Death certif. states he was a farmer, does not say he worked in a factory, but some did...

RENDELL/KNOTT Posted on: 24 Mar 2000, by  GraceMorrow44

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Dorset > General

Hi Carol, I don't know if I am of help here but on my data I have a James RENDELL bap 26 Jun 1796, Hawkchurch, Dorset, married to Sarah Read Loding SHEPHERD. So far I have only found one child Walter RENDALL bo...

Re: Parks website address change Posted on: 20 Oct 2004, by  cbparks

Localities > North America > Canada > Nova Scotia > General

I am looking for John Parks whom married Adlade ( Adalin ) Chard in Gloucester county N.J. On Aug.13,1873. Born in1847& died July 15 1913. They had 7 children. Suzzie M. ;George; Walter; Lorenzo; Amanda; Harr...

Census look up or help please Posted on: 28 Nov 2005, by  salhutchinson...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > Yorkshire - East Riding > General

I hope i have the right board for this. I am looking for information on The Arnold Family from Gateshead. I have George Walter Arnold who married Ann Watson Chard (B 1883) in Gateshead. Georges Father was Charl...

Re: Family search Posted on: 30 Jul 2001, by trevett

Surnames > Trevett

hi mike my fathers name was bertie from chard somerset he had a brother name walter also from chard there fathers name was walter born 1871died 1981as trivett his father was henry born abt 1845axminster heres where i go to ...

Re: Fredric or Fredrick Shivel Posted on: 05 May 2004, by  nurseratchet1

Surnames > Shivel

Chard, my g-grandfather was William W. Shivell b. abt 1881/1882 in Woodville, McCracken, KY. He later changed the spelling to Shivelle. I think he may be William Walter Shivel of your line. He was a printer at a...

CHARD / SNEDEKER Families 1850 Clarkstown Posted on: 29 Dec 1998, by  robertprotzma...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Rockland

Bob, In "The Book of SNEDEKERS" by Walter C. Snedeker, is listed the marriage of John CHARD to Catherine (b. Aug 19, 1803) SNEDEKER. She was the sister of George Washington SNEDEKER who m. Elizabeth CHARD....

Re: LAND family history in Devon Posted on: 08 Jun 2004, by  ltrotter_1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Devon > General

hi,i was born in martock somerset,england 1935. my father was walter john LAND born 1907. interested in what LAND families you have found. thanks.ANY AREA BUT DO KNOW OF FAMILY IN CHARD,TAUNTON,BATH,SOMERSET,YEO...

Walter William Chard Posted on: 20 Aug 2005, by  bvcatherino

I am seeking information from the 1851 census for Taunton, Sommerset/Devon, regarding Walter William Chard, b. Sept. 1843. He might also show up as William Walter Lendon Chard, b. Sept. 1843. There could also be a sister ...

Re: Walter William Chard Posted on: 07 Sep 2005, by bvcatherino

Neville: Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate your help. Walter William Lendon ChardWalter W. Chard after he arrives in America, 1873). Taunton is sometimes in Somerset and other times in Devon. While my Chards...

Re: Walter William Chard Posted on: 10 Sep 2005, by Nev

It seems to me you should obtain the birth cert for Harriet or Walter or both. Apart from their mother's name this should also provide an accurate address, you can then ask somebody on the Somerset list to...

Re: Walter William Chard Posted on: 15 Sep 2005, by bvcatherino

Nev: Of course, you are right! Harriet Chard must have married George Bunn, Tailor from Gunthorpe, in 1870. I see it better now. Harriet Chard must have had two husbands, both named George Bunn. One born...

Re: Rendells in UK Posted on: 24 Jul 2001, by  RJAustin

Surnames > Rendell

Keven, I have a 1st Cousin, 5 times removed, James Rendell, born June 1796 at Hawkchurch Parish, Dorset, England. James married Sarah Read Loding Shepherd, born abt. 1799 at Chard, Somerset. The only c...

Coles in Chard Somerset England Posted on: 10 Jul 2005, by  lesleycoles

Surnames > Coles

I am researching my husband's family and have reached an impasse. His great grandfather Samuel Coles was born in 1851 in Chard and lived in the sub district of Combe St Nicholas. He had sisters Mary, Jane, ...

Strong/Deane Posted on: 03 Sep 2000, by  willi12324

Surnames > Strong

Hi, I do not have an easy solution to the Eleanor Cogan/Strong confusion. The Strong Family Association of America has a website wit lots of Cogan genealogy, and I didn't see anything there about Eleano...

Strong/Deane Posted on: 03 Sep 2000, by  StaleyTiernan

Surnames > Strong

I am total y confused! I have been trying to trace the Patterson line that my husbands brother's grandmother started. I thought I had the line back several generations and now I don't know. I read several o...

Re: Yard or Yarde of Somerset, England Posted on: 07 Jan 2005, by Caroline Macaulay(Bale)

Surnames > Yard

Dear Sara I'm terribly sorry - I have looked up my records again and Anna Billing gives her age on the 1881 Guernsey Census as 34 which would mean she was born in 1847. There was an impression in the...

Re: Mercer Posted on: 03 Feb 2007, by  SueRoach98

Localities > North America > Canada > Newfoundland > General

Hi... I just started working on our family line of Mercer. What I do have is that my ggggrandfather John Roach (b. 1798) had 3 children, John (b.1823), Edward (b.1824) and Stephen (b. 1826). John (b....

Re: Family of George Gray of Chertsey, abt 1841 onward Posted on: 21 Feb 2007, by  ELLinSpain

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Surrey > General

...Horice W 1 Ernest W 1 all children born Chertsey in Rose Cottage, Chertsey 1881 George 42 Jane 37 born: Chard Somerset Frederick 13 Ernest 11 Horace 11 William 3 Edward 6 months in Bridge Road, Chertsey ...

Edwin Potter - lacemaker Nottingham UK Posted on: 03 Nov 2007, by  Julie_Mallins...

Surnames > Potter

...William Thomas Potter b. 07/10/1902 5 Glenroy Terrace, Hood Street Nottingham. They also had a son Walter J b.1893? and a daughter Ada b.1900? I believe that his parents may have been William Potter b. 182...

HARRIET CHAPLIN - NORFOLK Posted on: 09 Apr 2008, by  Vivian_Simmon...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Norfolk > General

I am looking for the parents of Harriet Chaplin born (according to 1891/1901 census) c1861 Great Hellingham, Norfolk. She married Edward William Bridges Austin 1886 in Chard Somerset. Their first child wa...

James WATTS of Chard born abt 1790 Posted on: 20 Apr 2008, by  otropp

James Watts born abt 1790 married in Chard to Elizabeth Bowditch in 1815. They had 9 children, Mary, b1816, Ann b1819, William b1821, Walter b1824, George b1826, John b1828, Eli b1831, James b1833 and Samuel b1...

Re: Walter J. Prince Posted on: 05 Apr 2009, by  crusoe123

I am not related, but I do not think that this is your man, although the dates fit, and Waltr J Prince born at Barnet, appears to be the only Walter J born at the relevant time. On both the 1901 and the 1...

Re: Matthew Chaffe of Boston & Newbury c1640 Posted on: 22 May 2009, by  tcbjammon

Surnames > Chaffee

Thomas is believed to be the first or second Chaffee [a Matthew Chaffe Boston 1636? - see NOTE below] in the New World as his name shows up the records in the Town Clerk's office in Hingham, MA dated ...

Re: Matthew Chaffe of Boston & Newbury c1640 Posted on: 29 May 2009, by  tcbjammon

Surnames > Chaffee

...massachusetts colony in the spring or early summer of 1637. glen seems to have named them all, but i really don't know... i see in april 1637 the DILIGENT went to boston. i just wonder if that was the...

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions