Search the Boards

Search Results for "Darwent" - 60 Messages

per page

Message to Sharon Darwent Posted on: 12 Dec 2000, by  ldarwent

Surnames > Darwent

I am working on search of Darwent ancestry and would be interested in hearing from you. Lloyd Darwent

ancestry Posted on: 13 Dec 2000, by  S_Darwent

Surnames > Darwent

..."darwents" come from? I come from the Trinidad connection...my great-great grandfather (Captain Walter Darwent)went to T-dad in the mid-1880's and drilled the first oil well there. I am still tryin...

Ancestry Posted on: 13 Dec 2000, by  ldarwent

Surnames > Darwent

...1910 - both very young at the time. My fathers home in England was in the Hope, Derbyshire area. The Darwent or Derwent name appears to have been in that locale for at least 200 years. I think I have traced ...

Darwent connection Posted on: 14 Dec 2000, by  S_Darwent

Surnames > Darwent

...email. There are several Darwents in Alberta, most of whom are family of mine, but there is a Charles Darwent (attorney)whose ancestors came to Canada from England and who (apart from a 6 year stint) has no ...

Darwent ancestry Posted on: 15 Dec 2000, by  ldarwent

Surnames > Darwent

Hello Sharon I do not know Charles Darwent but know of him. My daughter has talked to him - they both worked in the same building at one time. I have been meaning to contact him but haven't done so. I have ...

Damant-Darwent Posted on: 18 Jan 2001, by Bill Heald

Surnames > Darwent

...out of one of his letters, "-Walter Sancroft Damant---also went to America, changed his name to Darwent, was a Colonel in the Union forces then went to Trinidad and discovered oil-his family are still ...

Re: ancestry Posted on: 14 Jul 2001, by alyson haiart

Surnames > Darwent

Hi, My maiden name was darwent and my dad's family originally came from derbysyire, I think around Bamford. Love to hear from anyother darwents that might want to find aconnection. I'm now living in winn...

Re: ancestry Posted on: 15 Jul 2001, by  S_Darwent

Surnames > Darwent

...love to see if there is a connection. As history has it, our name was originally DAMANT and changed to DARWENT a few generations ago...possibly when the first of my Darwents came West...My Great Great Grand...

Re: ancestry Posted on: 23 Mar 2002, by  ldarwent

Surnames > Darwent

...in Saskatchewan. If you are interested in exchanging info, I would be quite happy to do so. Lloyd Darwent

Re: ancestry Posted on: 23 Mar 2002, by  S_Darwent

Surnames > Darwent

Hi Alyson: My maiden name is Darwent too. I do have some info I could pass on to you...whether there is a connection with you and I, who knows! Am presently communicating with Lloyd Darwent and we are trying to f...

Re: Damant-Darwent Posted on: 23 Mar 2002, by  S_Darwent

Surnames > Darwent

Hello Bill: the past year has been a crazy one for me...but I am back in business with the Damant Darwent Research....what you have to say is very interesting re Walter Sancroft Darwent and his name change...all t...

Re: Darwent ancestry Posted on: 23 Mar 2002, by  S_Darwent

Surnames > Darwent

Hi Lloyd: See you've been busy lately! Just reread an old post to me where you mention a Darwent with Alberta Agriculture...that would be my brother Ray Darwent. He mentioned you to me the other day...I can put yo...

FYI: William Darwent 1875-1944, England to WA State Posted on: 03 May 2002, by Clara

Surnames > Darwent

...20, 1944, page 8 Olympia, Thurston County, Washington Death Calls Major in Salvation Army William Darwent died in his home, 809 Olympia Avenue, yesterday at the age of 68. Mr. Darwent was born in England, Octobe...

Ancestry Posted on: 02 Sep 2003, by Judith Heap

Surnames > Darwent

I too have a Darwent ancestor from the Thornhill area of Hope in Derbyshire. Grace Darwent born 1740 to Jacob and Catherine was my gt gt gt gt grandmother, Grace married John Waterhouse 1764 at Hope. My maiden name...

Re: Ancestry Posted on: 20 Nov 2003, by  jmbell182

Surnames > Darwent

I have just started reseahing the DARWENT family name. The earliest relative I have traced so far is Joseph Darwent born in Glossop Derbyshire in 1778. I believe that there is a Nathaniel Darwent who may be his brother b...

Darwents of Glossop Derbyshire Posted on: 16 Dec 2003, by  jmbell182

Surnames > Darwent

...Derbyshire. Does anyone out there want to swap info??? The esrliest person I have found so far is Joseph Darwent born 1778 married to Ellen

Looking for Bill Heald re Darwent/Damant Posted on: 18 Mar 2004, by Sharon Darwent

Surnames > Darwent

Bill: Please contact me as soon as you get this. Thanks, Sharon Darwent

Looking for Bill Heald re Darwent/Damant Posted on: 18 Mar 2004, by Sharon Darwent

Surnames > Darwent

Bill: Please contact me as soon as you get this. Thanks, Sharon Darwent

Re: ANDREW Eyam, DBYS; Sheffield;Bradford;Salford ENGLAND Posted on: 15 Apr 2004, by Pat andrew

Surnames > Andrew

...What Eyam names do you have? I have, as well as ANDREW, WILLIS, COCKER, HADFIELD, BROMLEY, BROOMHEAD, DARWENT, KENYON. look forward to hearing from you. btw, my married surname was LUSH; now I've changed ...

Re: Darwents of Glossop Derbyshire Posted on: 20 Nov 2004, by Kate

Surnames > Darwent

...Darwent's in Derbyshire (Bakewell) Joseph George and another name "Brookfield or Brushfield" Darwent - his parents were William and Annie (nee Anthony) Darwent.

Re: Darwents of Glossop Derbyshire Posted on: 20 Nov 2004, by Jill Bell

Surnames > Darwent

I haven't found a link between my Darwents and the ones in Bakewell. Since my original posting I have found a link to the Darwents of Hope and Thornhill

Re: Darwent connection Posted on: 22 Nov 2004, by Michael Booth

Surnames > Darwent

Hi, I too descend from Charles Darwent, attorney at law of Rotherham, Yorkshire, England, who married Anne Rawson. He was born around 1641 and died around 1691. I have his ancestry back to Queen Elizabeth'...

Re: Darwent connection Posted on: 22 Nov 2004, by Michael Booth

Surnames > Darwent

Hi, I too descend from Charles Darwent, attorney at law of Rotherham, Yorkshire, England, who married Anne Rawson. He was born around 1641 and died around 1691. I have his ancestry back to Queen Elizabeth'...

Re: Darwents of Glossop Derbyshire Posted on: 22 Nov 2004, by  Aldarwent

Surnames > Darwent

I am researching the Darwents of Thornhill and Hope and would be very appreciative to know of the link to the Bakewell Darwents.

Re: Darwent connection Posted on: 22 Nov 2004, by Sharon Darwent

Surnames > Darwent

Hi Michael: I will have to look into my family tree to confirm that connection...do you have any Darwents mentioned in your tree in later years? Our branch of the family ended up in Canada and then t...

Re: Darwents of Glossop Derbyshire Posted on: 22 Nov 2004, by Kate

Surnames > Darwent

...with any family in Glossop. The family links into my own with the marriage of Joseph George Brookfield Darwent m. Sep Qtr 1888. Kate

Re: ancestry Posted on: 03 Apr 2005, by  andrew18512

Surnames > Darwent

Hi, I have just started researching my family tree. We are a Darwent line in Yorkshire (Silkstone/Thurgoland) and I have a track from about 1750. I think before then it would be Derbyshire area. I'd be inter...

Darwent ancestry Posted on: 03 Apr 2005, by Sharon Darwent

Surnames > Darwent

...My family tree goes back to around 1100 Britain - but we were Damant's before our name was changed to Darwent in the 18th century (we think). Our people came over to Canada, then my great, etc. grandfather ...

Re: Darwents of Glossop Derbyshire Posted on: 04 Apr 2005, by  andrew18512

Surnames > Darwent

...miles North of Hope. One of the male Darwents married a Kinder from Hope in 1830/1840, so I think my Darwent line also probably originates from there. It tracks back in Silkstone to around 1700-1750. I'd b...

Re: Darwent ancestry Posted on: 04 Apr 2005, by Kate

Surnames > Darwent

The only link I would have is with: Joseph George Brookfield Darwent (c. 1868) son of William Brookfield Darwent (b. 1840 Sheffield)/Annie Anthony m. 26/9/1861 Bakewell, Derbyshire. Joseph's siblings: Evel B Darwent, M.A....

Darwent's born Acton Burnell Posted on: 19 Mar 2006, by  jmcgurn

Surnames > Darwent

Anyone doing research of the Darwent family born in Acton Burnell, Shropshire, England? Am interested in Jane b circa 1818 and Phebe (Phoebe) born 1825. In the 1840/50s they were living in Warwickshire and ...

Darwent - Birmingham 1790s - 1880's Posted on: 18 Apr 2006, by  jayneebradley

Surnames > Darwent

Hi My direct ancestor is Edward Darwent born in Birmingham, England - 1813 - parents were Samuel DARWENT and Jane (possibly Read) If you think there is any connection, would love to hear from you. Jayne

Re: FYI: William Darwent 1875-1944, England to WA State Posted on: 12 May 2006, by  Aldarwent

Surnames > Darwent

Attention Clara. My grandfather's brother was named William Darwent and he was born in 1875 at Thornhill, Derby, England. Where in England was the William Darwent of your message born?

Re: William Darwent 1875-1944, England to WA State Posted on: 13 May 2006, by Clara

Surnames > Darwent

Hello Lloyd, I don't know where William Darwent was born. My grandparents and their children were active in the Salvation Army. Major Darwent was very popular with my mom and her siblings and she kept a memorial...

Samuel Darwent Posted on: 04 Nov 2006, by Susan Orred

Surnames > Darwent

Hello Jayne - My ancestor is Samuel Darwent (b. 1844 in Sheffield). He is the son of Matthew Darwent, b. @1815. I've not yet found a birth record for Matthew, but the fact that he has a son named Samuel suggests...

Marshall L. Schouten: Is anyone familiar with this Schouten family? Posted on: 09 Nov 2006, by  cjtay51

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Saline

Looking for more information on Marshall L. "Pete" Schouten, born 18 Dec,1928 and died 1 Jan 2004. I am curious of the connection with the name Benjamin Schouten, as seen in his obit. Also, ...

Relationship of Kidd to Schouten Posted on: 09 Nov 2006, by  cjtay51

Surnames > Kidd

...born in 1928 and died in 2004 in Sedalia, MO. Other names mentioned in the obit were Ratchford,Bassett,Darwent,Brinley,Leiby,Prins and Brinley. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Haughton in Cheshire Posted on: 21 Apr 2000, by Stacy Becker

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Cheshire > General

The following information was passed to me by Jeffrey Haughton a few years ago. The information was obtained through a book written by Thomas Middleton dated 1900 titled "Old Godley". The pu...

Re: Damant Suffolk Posted on: 10 Mar 2004, by Nigel Darwent

Surnames > Damant

I am descended of Walter Darwent, Cap't in the New York 36th Volunteers, who was originally Walter Damant, son of William Castell Damant and Anna Maria Wightwick nee Mortimer. He came to the island of Trinid...

Re: Damant Suffolk Posted on: 15 Mar 2005, by Sharon Darwent

Surnames > Damant

Hi Nigel: What info did you end up getting from Linda re the Damants? Care to share? Hope to hear from you soon, Sharon Darwent

Recent obit for Marshall L. "Pete" Schouten Posted on: 09 Nov 2006, by  cjtay51

Surnames > Schouten

...anyone have any info that would be of help here? Other names involved are Prins,Kidd,Ratchford,Bassett,Darwent,Leiby and Brinley.

Re: Joseph France, Birmingham, England Posted on: 25 Oct 2001, by  cathdave

Surnames > France

...Birmingham 10.4.1848. He was the son of William France a labourer. A witness at the marriage was Benjamin Darwent. Should there be any connection with your family please Email me on inverness.hotel@tesco.net...

Sir Robert Peel Posted on: 05 Sep 1999, by Lorna Peel

Surnames > Peel

...Oswaldtwistle, County of Lancaster, who married on 9 August 1712, Anne, daughter of Lawrence Walmesley of Upper Darwent, same county, and had, with other issue, an eldest son, Robert Peel of Peele Fold, Coun...

Re: ancestry Posted on: 18 Jun 2007, by  jackiedavies1...

Surnames > Darwent

Hi I saw your message on ancestry I'm searching for Violet Darwent born @1892 married to harry Bradshaw And later Earnest Burrows Any Use Best wishes Jackie

Re: Colin & Catherine McCrae of Melbourne/Yarra, Victoria, Aus. Posted on: 17 Feb 2008, by  babsandpete

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Victoria > General

Hi Ruth Many thanks for this – I had no idea she was married twice! I have quite a bit on Catherine (Kate). She married William Royse 2nd September 1869, at Holy Trinity Church in east Melbourne; Wi...

FYI: Jessie Darwent nee LONG, IL, WA died 1946 Posted on: 04 Mar 2008, by  ClaraJacobson

Surnames > Long

The Daily Olympian, Wednesday, May 1, 1946 Olympia, Thurston County, Washington Jessie Estelle Darwent Major Jessie E. Darwent, for the last five years associated with the Salvation Army here, died Tuesday nigh...

Re: Damant-Darwent Posted on: 12 May 2008, by  meaghandarwen...

Surnames > Darwent

Hi! I am actually a great-great-great grandaughter of Walter Damant-Darwent and I've only just begun to find out more information about my family. I'm happy that I came across this site.

Re: Shacklock family near Sheffield, England Posted on: 25 Mar 2009, by  jmshacklock1

Surnames > Shacklock

Apologies. My previous message missed out a generation. Joseph's father was Robert b.1805 in whittington married Elizabeth Darwent from Worral.

Re: Darwents of Glossop Derbyshire Posted on: 29 Apr 2009, by  hjcollier

Surnames > Darwent

My ggrandmother was Sarah Ann Darwent of Biggin Hill Farm, Glossop; her brother, Samuel, emigrated to Illinois with his family in 1901. Has anyone any info or photos of him or his siblings. Regards Howard

Re: Darwents of Glossop Derbyshire Posted on: 17 Jun 2011, by  pamandbriandi...

Surnames > Darwent

I have only just come across your message - better late than naver! Joseph Darwent was my 3xgreat grandfather. His gg'daughter Mary married my grandfather Herbert Dixon in Glossop on 7 May 1894.

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions