Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "HORNICK" - 774 Messages

per page

Arnold Grell Sr. Posted on: 14 Oct 2002, by Volunteer Contributor

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Crawford

Arnold "A.J." Grell, Sr., age 83, formerly of Danbury, Hornick and Moville, died Saturday, September 21, 2002, at Sioux City, Iowa. Services were held 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, September 25 at the Hornick Un...

Roth Funeral Home Posted on: 23 Oct 2000, by Lin Teather

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Perth

I am interested in locating the Roth Funeral Home it was still in operation in 1935. I would like to know if someone else bought this business or did it go out of business. If it was bought "who ...

Re: G. Douglas HORNICK Posted on: 16 Jul 2006, by  Catherine_K

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Essex

...the fact that G. Douglas and Mabel share a tombstone in the McDowell Cemetery with "Frances" HORNICK - 1893 - 1982, my guess is that these are his parents: Ontario, Canada Marriages, 1857-1922 Rec...

G. Douglas HORNICK Posted on: 16 Jul 2006, by  GlennBaird45

Looking for the parants of: Windsor Star Death Notices (03/19/05) HORNICK, G. Douglas (Doug) Born March 15, 1919, entered into rest March 18, 2005 in his 87th year. Survived by his loving wife Mabel (Elliot...

Re: Family History Posted on: 29 Nov 2002, by Edward Hornick

am tring to find my family members,they came from Slovakia (Sophie (Barlac) Hornick) and Francis Reminsky,Barbara(Dolinski)Reminsky. They are from Austria Hungury (Joseph Julius Hornick).They came over a...

Family History Posted on: 12 Jun 2001, by Lin Teather

Searching for the following: John Harnick (Hornick) & Fredericka (Rachel) Mitchell from Mecklenburg Germany Mary Ann McCann who married Charles Harnick (Hornick) in 1876, she died in London Ont in 1916 and wa...

Re: Re: Elliott / Fielding - Essex / Kent County Posted on: 12 Aug 2006, by  GlennBaird45

...his parants to tie into one of the two Elliott clans. They had 3 children, the eldest married a Doug Hornick who passed away a little over a year ago. I went to school about the same time as their kids. Gr...

John Walker Hurd Posted on: 04 Apr 2001, by  dhurdv

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Marion

...children, nineteen grandchildren, seven great grandchildren and one brother, B.P. [Byron Potter] Hurd of Hornick, Iowa. He was a member of the following fraternal orders: Odd Fellows, Masons and Rebekahs. H...

James M (Buford) PIERCY - 1965 Posted on: 25 Nov 2003, by  sgorin

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Barren

...further information and am not seeking additional information. Name: James M. (Buford) Piercy Residence: Hornick, IA Died: 4 March 1965, Sioux City Hospital, illness of 19 years, age 89 Born: 30 May 1875 Gl...

John C. Yockey Posted on: 09 Apr 2000, by  jerryRiessen4...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Crawford

...he was employed in the trucking industry. From the early 1940s until 1968, the couple farmed in the Hornick and Charter Oak, Iowa areas. They then moved to the Smithland area, where they farmed. They retired...

Roberta "Bobbi" Ernst Posted on: 22 Mar 2000, by  jerryRiessen4...

...Sioux City. In the same year, she was confirmed at Redeemer by Pastor Otten. The couple farmed near Hornick for eight years. In 1943, they moved to their farm south of Ida Grove. They retired from farming i...

Not of sound mind Posted on: 17 Jun 2004, by Lin

In the 1901 census of Perth, I ran across a listing of a child who was listed as "not of sound mind from birth". She would have been around 6 years old. Since than I have not run across this...

Leonard Cavanaugh Posted on: 17 Sep 2001, by Volunteer

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Carroll

Dr. Leonard Cavanaugh, 74, of Hornick, Iowa, formerly of Anthon, Iowa, died Saturday, September 15, 2001, at his residence. Funeral services were held Wednesday, September 19, 2001 at St. Joseph Catholic Ch...

Re: HOSTIA BOHEMIA Posted on: 01 Oct 2001, by pat roark

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Bohemia

just found out that my grandmothers maiden name was spelled horacek in croatia...it was changed to hornick when my great uncles came to the U.S. and Iowa...my grandmother married a lipovac, Andrew.. he came ...

OBIT-Enos G. BINKLEY Posted on: 25 Jul 2001, by  Janetlrk

Localities > North America > United States > States > Colorado > Counties > Larimer

NOTE-I am not related to this family Loveland Reporter Herald Friday June 22, 2001 page b-5 Enos G. Binkley, 80, of Loveland, died June 19, 2001, at McKee Medical Center. He was born Feb. 18, 1921, ...

LOOKING FOR A CLAUDE ST. JOHN Posted on: 02 Apr 2003, by Donald J. Moffatt,

Am looking for a Claude St.John believed to be born in Ridgetown Ontario, and lived with the John Hornick family, Tilbury East, Ontario. married a Lola Smith March 27,1937. Tilbury.The family is believed to...

John Walker Hurd Posted on: 04 Apr 2001, by  dhurdv

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Benton

...children, nineteen grandchildren, seven great grandchildren and one brother, B.P. [Byron Potter] Hurd of Hornick, Iowa. He was a member of the following fraternal orders: Odd Fellows, Masons and Rebekahs. H...

James E. & Mary A. Reese Harding (obits & deaths) Posted on: 23 Jun 2006, by Doris

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nebraska > Counties > Holt

...Sons—Bert and Lester Harding of Whiting, Iowa; and Lloyd of Otoe, Iowa; Daughters—Mrs Inez Johnson of Hornick, Iowa; 19 grandchildren; 18 great grandchildren; Sisters—Mrs Ida Bell of Liberal, Missouri; Mrs...

Re: Location and Language Posted on: 30 Jul 2005, by  Robert Jerin

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Austria-Hungary

...like meelahn, is a form of Michael. I find no Social Security Death Index record for a Miland Richard HORNICK but there are several Richard HORNICK in the SSDI. The reason I mention the SSDI, it is possible to or...

Location and Language Posted on: 13 Jul 2005, by Sharon

Localities > Central Europe > Historical Regions > Austria-Hungary

...trying to find out some information about my husband's grandfather. His American name was Milan Richard Hornick. Original spelling of last name could be Hrnic or Hrnick. He is believed to have come from Au...

Irish Palatines Posted on: 17 Dec 1998, by Lester J. Hartrick

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Wexford > General

Looking specifically for information about Charles Edward Hartrick, belived to be from either Old or New Ross, County Wexford, Ireland. Information on the other surnames posted would be appreciated.

Mecklenburg Germany Posted on: 19 Jun 2000, by J B Harnick

Recently found out that ancestors John Harnick/Frederika Mitchell came from Mecklenburg, Germany after a long search. The source also mentioned "Straza" Is there such a place/town/city ? Can...

Nikola I. Dragica Hrnich ( Respond in English please! ) Posted on: 30 Jun 2005, by  sweetsherryj

Localities > Eastern Europe > Slovenia > General

I am looking for information concerning Nikola Hrnich - (American name) Milan Richard Hornick / Hrnich. Believed to have been born April 26, 1879 in Austria. Had a brother by the name of Edward. Milan's pare...

Faye Ann Harrison Posted on: 27 Dec 2000, by Volunteer

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Madison

...married Paul Ira Harrison on Nov. 16, 1926, in Dakota City. The couple made their home on a farm near Hornick, Iowa, where they farmed for nearly 60 years. Her husband died December 15, 1985. She moved to Si...

HORNICK or HARNOCK Posted on: 13 May 1998, by  0650NJD

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > Niedersachsen > General

Would like to find birthplace of Charles HORNICK or HARNOCK who was born @1775. Son Christopher C. HORNICK or HARNOCK was born 12 Jan 1814 in Hannover. Believe they were lutheran. Need to find actual parish to cont...

OBIT-Florabel Rolfe JENSEN Posted on: 26 Feb 2004, by  Janetlrk

Localities > North America > United States > States > Colorado > Counties > Larimer

NOTE-I am not related to this family Loveland Reporter Herald Friday Jan. 23, 2004 page B-4 Jensen (picture) Florabel Rolfe Jensen, 90, mother of Diane Bohlen of Loveland and Barbara McCormick of Ad...

Sowers Cemetery in Irving, Dallas Co., TX Posted on: 15 Oct 2000, by  AllenWheatley...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Texas > Counties > Dallas

I have taken pictures of the readable headstones in this cemetery and have posted pictures from the surname list at http://www.cartogra.com , search on the album SOWERS to get to it. Here are the pho...

Otto F. Carstensen Posted on: 26 Mar 2001, by  jerryRiessen4...

...Schleswig, Iowa, and Mrs. Katie Knop of El Monte, California; three brothers, Ben of Ricketts, Emil of Hornick, Iowa, and Arnold of Burbank, California. The Schleswig Leader March 3, 1960

Nannie F.PIERCY Posted on: 23 Jun 2003, by  sgorin

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Barren

...further information and am not seeking additional information. "Mrs. Buford Piercy. Died age 325 in Hornick, Iowa; formerly Miss Marshall. Survivors: Husband, daughter and son; parents and 3 brothers. ...

Genealogy Posted on: 10 Feb 1999, by Pam Halliday

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Unknown

Searching for ancestors,of Albert Brodzinski Born 1859 in Poland.Immigrated to USA in 1870's Married Catherine Schilkowski in 1890. They had eight children. Frank and Joseph were his brothers one sist...

Re: STIREN FAMILY Posted on: 29 Nov 2002, by Edward Hornick

Localities > Western Europe > Belgium > General

am tring to find my family members,they came from Slovakia (Sophie (Barlac) Hornick) and Francis Reminsky,Barbara(Dolinski)Reminsky. They are from Austria Hungury (Joseph Julius Hornick).They came over a...

STIREN FAMILY Posted on: 09 Oct 1998, by Jane Lapp

Localities > Western Europe > Belgium > General

STIREN AND HORNICK, FROM THE ARLON AREA

Genealogy Posted on: 28 Mar 1999, by Pam Halliday

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Unknown

Albert Brodzinski born 1859 in Poland immigrated to USA about 1870-1880 Married Catherine Schilkowski im Menominee Michigan. They raised six children. Searching for birth place in Poland and of ancest...

Researching... Posted on: 10 Dec 1998, by Delores Fryman Williams

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Richland

Researching the above families in Richland co. IL. 11/97

Calvin Wesley Greenleaf Posted on: 20 Dec 1999, by  jerryRiessen4...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Ramsey

Calvin Wesley Greenleaf, 32, of Hornick, Iowa, formerly of Dakota City, died Friday, Dec. 17, 1999, at his residence. Services were held Wednesday, December 22, 1999 at the Dakota City United Methodist Chur...

Morris, Robert Winslow Sr. Posted on: 02 Sep 1999, by  purplebunny51

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Woodbury

...Onawa hospital Service, were at 10:30 a.m., Monday, November 18, 1986, at the United Methodist Church in Hornick, Iowa. The Reverend Gary DeGeest officiated. Burial was in the Belvidere Cemetery, near Turin,...

reseach descendant Posted on: 11 Mar 2001, by  hermine_amon

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Clark

I look for descendants from Anton and Barbara Hornick. Anton was born august 1869 in Bohemia and his wife Barbara was born in juny 1870 in Neuprennet /Maxberg Bohemia. (Her maidn-name was Bohmann) They immig...

Madigans of Cambria, Blair, Huntingdon Counties Posted on: 28 Aug 2001, by Vincent Madigan

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Blair

...Margaret place of birth unknown but born about 1868 and died about1938 in Connemaugh Pa was married to a Hornick at the time of her death and had at least two children ; Nellie and William; John born about ...

Schweissberger aka Sweisberger Posted on: 10 Mar 1999, by Peggy Powell

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Counties > Bergen

...brother, Henry, living with them in 1900. For more information, please contact: Peggy and Dave Powell, Hornick IA 51026-8132 or email. Thank you.

Re: Baity/Booe Information Posted on: 02 Mar 2002, by  Billy0981

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Carolina > Counties > Davie

I'm looking for information on a Christopher Hornick who married a Rachel Baity. You can contact me at billyburgess20@hotmail.com

Valentin Arce - Puerto Rico Posted on: 06 Aug 1998, by JRN

Localities > Caribbean > Puerto Rico > General

...home; two sons, Victor Valentin Jr. of Spring Valley and Clemente Valentin of Chester; a daughter, Julia Hornick of Chester; three sisters, Philipa Ching of Hartford, Conn., Pura Ching of Astoria and Carmen ...

Margaret DARNELL d. 4 July 1940 Posted on: 12 May 1999, by Sandi Fraley Stacy

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Hendricks

...Presbyterian church. Rev. John Hughes, pastor of that church, conducted the services, assisted by Rev. J.A. Hornick of the Methodist church and Rev. Harry Lett of the Christian church. Burial was made in the...

Elizabeth KENNARD d. 2 Sept 1940 Posted on: 12 May 1999, by Sandi Fraley Stacy

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Hendricks

...Tuesday. Funeral services will be held at 2 o'clock at the Campbell Funeral Home, in charge of Rev. J.A. Hornick. Burial will be made in the South cemetery. She was the daughter of Christian and Mary Polhle...

Looking for family information Posted on: 01 Jun 2000, by Marni Kaner

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Slaskie

My mother is going to Poland this summer to search her roots. Any help with these last names?

John C. Taylor d. 31 Dec 1939 Posted on: 12 May 1999, by Sandi Fraley Stacy

...board. Mrs. J.H. Grimes presided at the organ. Louis Armstrong sang "In the Garden." Rev. Hornick read the 23rd Psalm. Edgar M. Blessing gave a tribute. Rev. Fred Longwell, former pastor here, now ...

children of John Bell Hood and Anna Marie Henner Hood Possible Ernest Hood Posted on: 26 May 2001, by Joyce Haley

Localities > North America > United States > States > Tennessee > Counties > Fentress

...but we think Missouri. Her birthday is 8 2 l893. ?She died in Arizona 3 30 87. Joyce Haley PO BOx Hornick,Ia 5l026

John J. Hall m. Minnie Belle Tullis-Iowa Posted on: 16 Feb 2000, by  SandyDaltrey

Surnames > Hall

...T., born ca 1905; Maymie F., born ca 1907; and Waylma (misspelled?) born ca 1909. They lived in the Hornick, Iowa area. I will be happy to exchange information.

Re: Family fromCovington, KY Posted on: 17 Apr 2006, by  hermine_amon

Topics > Organizations and Societies > Ohio River Valley Families (ORVF)

...19oo with his brother Jgnatz (Ignaz ) and his mother Josepha ( Josephine ) Bohmann. His sister Barbara Hornick - Bohmann was in Chili, Clark - County, Wisconsin. Joseph died 1935 ?

Edna Maude Scott, born September 12, 1908 Birth Record Look Up Posted on: 26 Jul 2002, by  ppfitz

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Woodbury

Am looking for a birth record for Edna Maude Scott, born September 12, 1908 in Hornick, Woodbury Co., Iowa. Would be glad to pay for copy. Thank you.

James Wilson & Alice Dollan Posted on: 05 May 2002, by  KConard4364

...who married Alice Dollan and lived in Climbing Hill. He died in 1899 and Alice may have then moved to Hornick, Iowa. Also brother, John Wilson, who lived in Sioux City and died in 1890 leaving a wife and 2...

per page