Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "KOWALEWSKI" - 252 Messages

per page

Re: Plankey Posted on: 11 May 2003, by  zormette

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Essex

I'm looking for a Judy Plankey originally from Dearborn, MI. Her maiden name is Kowalewski. If you have any information please feel free to e-mail me at zormette@juno.com.

Re: KOWALINSKI Posted on: 26 Mar 2002, by  Guylian

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Wayne

...Kowalinski's were Kowalinski's as far back as 1750 at least and they've always used the same spelling. But Kowalewski is a legitimate spelling name and in fact I had a gentleman contact me on an unrelated genea...

Re: KOWALINSKI Posted on: 10 Feb 2002, by  nightwhisper1...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Wayne

I have a alexander kowalewski married to a mary gorecki, and im related to gorecki thru my maryanna gorecki and i found this at my local library here downriver in wayne county this name does sound close and jus...

Family from Rudnia and Naliboki Posted on: 26 Sep 2001, by Gary Lew

Localities > Eastern Europe > Belarus > General

I'm working on family history. The surnames that I listed came from Rudnia and Naliboki, which I beleive may now be located in present day Belarus. Does anyone have any connection with these surnames...

Re: 261 Driggs Ave Greenpoint Brooklyn?? Posted on: 02 Oct 2001, by Gary Lew

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

Thank you very much for the reply Carolyn. It's nice to know a little about this area, and with the information in your post, I have a sense of why the immigrants came there. Once again, ...

Kowalski Posted on: 13 Mar 2000, by Kathy Kundel

My grandfather, Walter Anthony Kowalewski was born in Wayne County, MI March 13, 1914. He did shorten his name to Kowalski (not legally). I know he had at least one sister. He died in 1990.

Need Help Obtaining Moriches Bay Tide Obituary Posted on: 31 Oct 2002, by Gary

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Suffolk

I hope some one can help me. I would like to obtain a copy of an obituary that appeared in the Moriches Bay Tide newspaper. The Suffolk County website doesn't say how to obtain a copy, but does list ...

1929-1930 Newspapers Posted on: 25 Mar 2004, by  Grizabel

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Cuyahoga

Hey everyone! Anyone have an idea of where to search for a name change ad in a Cleveland newspaper in 1929-1930. The name change was from Calcagno to Maley. According to the name change document ...

SALEMI in Palermo area Posted on: 16 Mar 2004, by  Grizabel

Localities > Western Europe > Italy > Sicilia > Palermo

Hey everyone! My Great-Grandmother Maria C. Salemi (1882-1972) travelled to Cleveland, OH in 1900 and married Vincenzo Calcagno in 1900. I believe she grew up in Termini Imerese. She left her two b...

New contact information Posted on: 20 Oct 2004, by Gary

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Suffolk

I now have a new, permanent, email address for anyone who reads this message. I am still actively researching the Bartoszewicz surname. Recently obtaining naturalization records for family members fr...

marriage license Posted on: 08 Mar 2000, by Kalene Humphreys

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nevada > Counties > Washoe

...name was King but she may have been using the married name Spielman at the time. My father's surname is Kowalewski but also had the alia Cole. They were married in Washoe county sometime between 1960 or 1961.

Need help obtaining obituary from ST. Paul Newspaper Posted on: 26 May 2004, by Gary

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Ramsey

Does anyone know how I can obtain an obituary that appeared in a St. Paul newspaper? I was able to find it listed briefly a few months ago in The St. Paul Pioneer Press archives. But today when I did ...

Re: KOWALEWSKI family information Posted on: 19 May 2003, by Nadja

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Lublin [Lubelskie]

I asked my 85 year old mother about my grandfather, Adam Kowalewski. She said he always said he was an orphan and he did not know anything about his ancestry.

Re: KOWALEWSKI family information Posted on: 07 Aug 2002, by  sanni110

Dear Nadja, my great-grandmothers name was Anna Kowalewski. She was born near to Danzig in Poland in the 70th of the 90th century. She moved to Schleswig Holstein (Germany) when she was 16 years old. She marrie...

Re: Tarka Posted on: 23 Jul 2001, by  NadjaRichards

My mother told me that up to the early 1960's they received correspondence from our Polish relatives in Russian occupied Warsaw. They pleaded for frost damage ointment and a sewing machine and cash. M...

KOWALEWSKI family information Posted on: 25 May 2000, by  NadjaRichards

My father was Felix KOWALEWSKI. His parents came from Warsaw, Poland probably in the early 1900's. They were Adam and Helene. They had a son born in Poland named Paul. They settled in Brooklyn, NY. They had 4 m...

Kowalewski, Bartoszewicz from Rudnia, Poland Posted on: 10 May 2000, by  maksymt

...province..... Rudnia. I am seeking information on the following surnames from the area...Bartoszewicz, Kowalewski. If anyone has information on the town Rudnia, or on the surnames of Bartoszewicz, and Kowalewski Thank...

Marriage license Posted on: 08 Mar 2000, by Kalene Humphreys

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nevada > Counties > Carson City

...have used her maiden name of King or a previous married name of Spielman. My father's last name was Kowalewski but also used the alia Cole. Thank you for the search.

Searching Posted on: 03 Jun 1999, by Euphemia Rybicki

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Wielkopolski

Where is Grudna where my grandfather Peter Tomcazak was born 6/26/1836? He was baptized in Rogozno which is on the map but Grudna is not. Also, can't find birthdate or birthplace for my grandmother, L...

Re: Dabrowski, Chmielewski, Jeleniewski, Kowalewski Posted on: 26 Aug 2006, by  drdbrow

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Podlaskie

Dear William, Your posting on this board caught my eye, so I hope that this email address is still current. With the exception of the Ciszewski and Brogowski surnames, I have primary [my own re...

Re: Kowalewski or Bartosiewicz from Bialystok area Posted on: 26 Apr 2003, by Kristina

http://www.hi-edu.ru/Brok/01110025.htm

Re: Kowalewski or Bartosiewicz from Bialystok area Posted on: 15 Apr 2003, by  erling_holmgr...

...is only a few miles westover from Rudnia, at this time is in Russia. I am also search on the surname Kowalewski. My Grand - father Joszef Kowalewski was born on January 4:th, 1889 in Hruzdowo. A village on the road betwe...

Kowalewski or Bartosiewicz from Bialystok area Posted on: 20 Dec 2000, by  maksymt

I'm trying to research the Kowalewski and Bartosiewicz surnames. I was told that they lived in a town called Rudnia in the early 1900's. My Grand Father's name was Ralph Bartosiewicz, and his Mother's name was ...

Russian Document Posted on: 24 Aug 2002, by Gary

Topics > Research Resources > Translation > Translators

I was able to aquire a document that belonged to my grand father. It dates back to about 1910. No one in my family knows what it is or what it reads. My grand father came to America in 1913 from prese...

KOWALCZYK, Zofia (1922)-2001 Posted on: 17 Apr 2001, by  Alan Wildbloo...

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

...sister of the late Stanislaw Pragacz, she is survived by two nieces, Teresa and her husband Stanislaw Kowalewski of Bordentown and Alina Kedzierska of Trenton; a brother and sister-in-law, Czeslaw and Janina Pr...

Brodowski Posted on: 24 Jul 2003, by  wdromanski

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Former Provinces [1975-1998] > Suwalki

Dominica Brodowska and her first cousin Victoria Brodowska traveled together from Suwalki to America about 1905. To gain passage they traveled under assumed names, posing as mother and daughter. Victo...

Re: Looking for boy born 1869 in Brzesc, Bresc Poland Posted on: 04 Dec 2005, by Krzysztof Machocki

...Polish equivalents of the surname are "Kowal", "Kowalski", "Kowalik", "Kowalewski", "Kowalczyk" and many others. The problem is that, you guessed it, these are ...

genealogy search - ancestors from Poland Posted on: 08 Feb 1999, by Nancy Serwatka

Researching family history for children. Would like to connect with anyone with these surnames. Serwatka/Kowalewski Serwatka/Maksymowicz Maksymowicz/Mieszczanski

LASKOWSKI Posted on: 01 Sep 1998, by  @@tmkowal@net...

I am researching the family of Franciszek (Frank) Kowalewski and Katarzyna (Katherine) Laskowski. Frank was born in Stargard on 02/07/1862. They came to America in 1887 with children Frances and Katie and settl...

Seeking information Posted on: 28 Dec 1999, by Euphemia Rybicki

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Wielkopolski

I am looking for info. about my grandmother, Lucy (Kowalewski) Tomczak; born in Posen circa 1830-40. Came to U.S. 6/1/1882 on Hohenzollern to Baltimore; lived in Manistee, MI with grandfather Peter. He was born...

Edmund Scheinost, d. 1999, aged 81 Posted on: 10 Nov 2000, by Laurel O'Donnell

Localities > North America > United States > States > Massachusetts > Counties > Hampden

...South Hadley Brother: -- Sister: Emma Scheinost of West Springfield; Edith Provost of Arkansas; Rose Kowalewski of the Fairview section of Chicopee Grndch: 13 grandchildren Undertaker: Ryder Funeral Home, S...

Bartoszewicz, Kowalewski , from Rudnia Posted on: 10 May 2000, by  maksymt

...Rudnia Poland in the 1890's I'm seeking information on Rudnia or on the surnames of Bartoszewicz...and Kowalewski thanks, Gary

Sikorski Family from Zebry, Lomza Posted on: 15 Mar 2000, by Jim Vincent

...to US from 1910 to 1913. Their mothers name may have been Karol Cimkowski. Were also related to the Kowalewski family. If you have any knowledge or are related please contact me.

MORGOVNIK, Joseph L., 1927-2003 Posted on: 13 May 2003, by  Dalice

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > EasternPa

...Ringtown Spouse - Ann Danchision, died 18 June 1994 Father - Alexander Morgovnik Mother - Josephine Kowalewski Undertaker - Walukiewicz-Oravitz Fell, Shenandoah Place of burial - St. Stanislaus, Shenandoah Resi...

Here's the info I have. Can you help? Posted on: 03 Mar 2000, by Karen Ramel

Surnames > Zirk

...remarried and started a new family. Here's the rest: Ernie Sam ZirkSharon Mary ZirkBrian Adolph Zirk Mary Kowalewski Adolph Zirk Pauline - Sam Kowaleski Matilde Hemminger - August Zirk Quintin James Lennox ...

Kowalewski, Julian 1910 directory lookup Posted on: 05 Feb 2002, by  Bruce_searche...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Counties > Passaic

According to ship manifest of 13 Sep 1909 the wife and 5 dtrs of Julian Kowalewski arrived in NYC and were to go live with him at 162 Corcker(Carcker?) St., 2B, Passaic, NJ. I have tried mapquest.com and could...

Manistee, MI Posted on: 18 Feb 1999, by Euphemia (Fame) Rybicki

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Manistee

Looking for info. about grandparents, Peter and Lucy (Kowalewski), Manistee, MI, from 1882 to 1903.

Robert W. FIRLIK Posted on: 05 Jan 2005, by  Herman8r

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Kalamazoo

...Autum, Aubry, Daniel, Levi and Alexander; dear brother or Raymond (deceased), James (deceased), Helen Ann Kowalewski, Virginia Williams and Edwin. Graveside services 3:00 PM Wednesday, January 5, Mt. Ever-Rest ...

e-mail correction Posted on: 24 Sep 2000, by  maksymt

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > St > Joseph

I posted a message to this St. Joseph County message board. Unfortunately, my e-mail address was wrong. Here is the correct address: lew@genevaonline.com Gary

Nowatka family Posted on: 05 May 2000, by Gary

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > St > Joseph

I am intersted in information on the Nowatka surname. I would also like to get in touch with the descendents of Peter Nowatka, who I beleive may still live in the St. Joseph county area. Also interes...

KOWALEWSKI, Augustine Wilhelmine Johanna (Hoffmann) 1875-1946 Posted on: 13 Mar 2000, by volunteer

Localities > Central Europe > Germany > General

...Salt Lake, UT Death Certificates Jan-Dec 1946 Cert # 59 Deceased: Augustine Wilhelmine Johanna Hoffmann KOWALEWSKI Date of Death & Place: 8 Jan 1946 Salt Lake City Status: widowed Birth Date & Place: 7 ...

Bartoszewicz Family, Milwaukee Wisconsin Posted on: 03 Jul 2006, by Gary

Surnames > Bartoszewicz

I am trying to find more information on the Bartoszewicz family that lived in Milwaukee Wisconsin. This is what I know of this family so far: Boleslaw Bartoszewicz immigrated around 1913. His WW1 dra...

New contact Posted on: 19 Jul 2004, by Gary

Surnames > Tyznik

Since posting here I have a new permanent email address. If you click on my name at the top of this post, my email address will be displayed. Gary

Family search Information Posted on: 27 Mar 2001, by  maksymt

Surnames > Tyznik

...also have family history with the following surnames: Bartoszewicz, Czerman, Figura, Gwiazda, Horban, Kowalewski, Krakowiec or Krekowiec, Lew, Majkowicz, Nowatka, Pirus, Terlikowski, Troz, Warczak If any one ...

Re: Calvary Cemetery, Cleveland OH Posted on: 21 Jun 2004, by  Grizabel

Topics > Cemeteries & Tombstones > United States > Ohio Cemeteries

I have not received a response. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Kristen

Calvary Cemetery, Cleveland OH Posted on: 12 Mar 2004, by  Grizabel

Topics > Cemeteries & Tombstones > United States > Ohio Cemeteries

Is there anyone who could take a digital picture of headstones in Calvary Cemetery in Cleveland, OH? I have one family member (William Kurek) that I know is in Lot 599, Sec. 59, Grave 1. I'd love to...

Re: Rutkat Posted on: 11 Jan 2004, by  Joanna_klinge...

Surnames > Rutkat

...that you got it.Also I say hello to you,me Klement Rutka. Other names I have Jarosz,Pietruszka,Kolash,Kowalewski.

Re: Rutkat Posted on: 10 Jan 2004, by  Joanna_klinge...

Surnames > Rutkat

I have 2 pictures written on the back of one picture is written in Slovak. I am writing to you, who is on the picture by the house.There is Godaughter Johanna, she is between two men.Katka is on the p...

Re: Rutkat Posted on: 10 Jan 2004, by  Joanna_klinge...

Surnames > Rutkat

...Jarosz married Antoinette/Toni Kolash. My grandmother lived in Drums, Pennsylvania. Do you know Mary Kowalewski that lived in Chicago.I have no idea were the pictures came from but it is written in slovak on t...

Re: Janiszewska Posted on: 09 Aug 2002, by Carol

Surnames > Janiszewski

...great grandmother was a Janiszewska when she was born, and a Kowalewska when she died the widow of a Kowalewski. In the US, families quickly adopted the masculine "i" form for all family members in o...

per page