Search the Boards

Search Results for "Scot Moffat" - 32 Messages

per page

Tweedie/Moffet Posted on: 19 Jan 1999, by Nicky Young

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Peeblesshire > General

I am a direct decendant of John Tweedie and Nicolas Moffat,sometimes spelt Moffet.They are my ggggrandparents. I have a bit of info to share,and would love if you could contact me. I am a Scot from Peeblesshire...

Joan Thorburn have any Bros? Dumfs, Scot Posted on: 04 Jun 2000, by George Currie- NZ

Surnames > Thorburn

Has your Joan any brothers from Johnstone Parish (near Moffat), Dumfriesshire, Scotland. See my messages above re John William Thorburn and daughter Elizabeth who married John Fisher Currie (My Grt G'father...

WILSON/SCOT Posted on: 13 Aug 2000, by Marilyn

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Midlothian (Edinburgh) > General

...Andrew Wilson and Scott Adam m. 9-14-1782 Newton; Andrew b. 4-25-1762 Newton to William Wilson and Agnes Moffat also had a sister Marion b. 5-1-1774 Newton. My Scot Adam b. 11-2-1759 Newton to David Adam and M...

Thorburn Family Tree Posted on: 13 Oct 2000, by Barbara Folkard

Surnames > Thorburn

...further back than mentioned in these messages of 1999? The family seems to have originated from Dumfries, Scot. My g.g.g.grandfather, Samuel, was born there at Moffat in the 1700's I've been told .Was 1st sheph...

Thomas A Muirhead b. 1870 Scotland Posted on: 06 Jun 2001, by  shirbrewer

Surnames > Muirhead

I am looking for any information on Thomas Allen Muirhead b 1870 in Camelon Stirlingshire Scot. He married Annie russell Moffat . They had 4 children which I have..Alexander b 1899, John b. 1892, Elizabeth b 18...

Re: Isabella Smith-parents-John & Elizabeth,Scotland Posted on: 04 Dec 2001, by  Hipar

Surnames > Smith

...in Whittemore Iowa. My grandmother was named Jean and married (1900) a James Murray who was born in Moffat Scotland. His mothers surname was Betsy Marchbank another Scot name. They all died and are buried in th...

Re: James Barr/Jean Moffat (m. 27 Mar 1842 in Barony, Lanark) -need family history Posted on: 10 Jun 2002, by  je_peterson

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

...some preliminary looking. It is inconclusive, but it is interesting. 1. David Livingston married Mary Moffat 2 Jan 1845 in Kuruman, S. Africa. Mary was born 11 Apr 1821 in Griquatown, S. Africa. Her par...

Re: William BELL died aft 1853 Hamilton, ON Canada Posted on: 30 Aug 2003, by  CHWEATHERBY1

Surnames > Bell

I know William died at Hamilton, but there is a Moffat, SCOT connection. These are some headstones I discovered in the old cemetery there: John Bell, Fletcher, died 10/illeg./1802, 72 years Jean Johnston, spo...

Re: MITCHELL of HAWICK Posted on: 22 Feb 2006, by candace weatherby

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Roxburghshire > General

...ggrandfather, James Mitchell, b. 1830, Hawick, emigrated to Canada where he married Janet Bell Waugh (fmrly. of Moffat, Scot), in Ontario. The couple had several kids, two of whom, at least, died as small chil...

GARNER/JOHNSTON Posted on: 12 Jul 1998, by  JeanneGarner1...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Antrim > General

...Garner James b NIR living Belfast he was a tailor. d 2May 1916 Belfast. Elizabeth Johnston b Paisley Scot d before 1916 Belfast. Her father James Johnston alive in 1900 in Belfast. Lived with the Garners....

James McMurray of Dumphies Posted on: 02 Jul 1999, by Kevin Egan

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Dumfriesshire > General

...McMurray b. -- -- 1829, Knowhead Sandquhar Dumfries., m. 18 AUG 1848, in Holywood Dumfries Scotland, Mary Moffat. Children: i Mary McMurray b. 1852, Morton Dumfries ...

James McMurray .... Dumphies 1794 Posted on: 02 Apr 2002, by Kevin Egan

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Dumfriesshire > General

...McMurray b. -- -- 1829, Knowhead Sandquhar Dumfries., m. 18 AUG 1848, in Holywood Dumfries Scotland, Mary Moffat. Children: i Mary McMurray b. 1852, Morton Dumfries ...

Re: Johnson Posted on: 14 Nov 2005, by Anthony Gagliani

Localities > North America > Canada > Nova Scotia > Cumberland

...Upham's Creek on 25 September 1839. He may have been the son of William and Grizelda (Graham) Henderson of Moffat, Dumfrieshire, Scotland and the Grandson of William and Nellie/Helen (Murray) Henderson (who...

Alexander Moffat b. 1840 New Monkland Scot Posted on: 06 Jun 2001, by  shirbrewer

Surnames > Moffat

Alexander Moffat b 1840 married Elizabeth Russell 1853 in Shotts I need more information on this family . I have most of the children: Elizabeth b 1865 Calderhead Andrew b. 1853 John b. 1855 Alexander b. 18...

Re: Alexander Moffat b. 1840 New Monkland Scot Posted on: 21 Oct 2001, by  themoffat_1

Surnames > Moffat

...though he was born 1870's I have been there and found some info on Moffat's Drop me a line Jack (john ) Moffat

Re: Moffat family Posted on: 18 Feb 2005, by Gail Moffat Alvera

Surnames > Moffat

My grandfather William John Moffat was a Scot by was of Ireland. They were Protestants who were thrown out of Scotland,as they were followers of William and Mary. His father was William also, and his Mother wa...

Re: JOHN MOFFITT Posted on: 29 Jun 2005, by Barb Bolesta

Surnames > Moffitt

Det, my Thomas Moffat came to Randolph Co, IL, two counties south of Madison Co, in 1873. He'd come over from England in 1864, worked in Pa. for a while, went back to England, then back to US to Perry Co, ...

Jane Johnston/BIRCHALL/Moffat,Glasgow, Scot. Posted on: 12 Jan 2001, by  hayjac|MA9947...

Surnames > Johnston

...Ontario, Canada by Quarrier Orphan Homes. Jane lived at 174 Rose Street and later re-married Robert Moffat. Jane died Sept 14, 1926. Any connections?? Any info on her birth and parents greatly appreciated....

STOTT from Berwick Scot, Buckinghamshire & Hertfordshire Posted on: 08 Dec 2006, by  Michelle_Wolt...

Surnames > Stott

I am researching the STOTT family. James Stott was married to Margaret Moffat in Greenlaw. They had two sons Robert born Lauder 1796 and Thomas 1798 in Lauder. A daugther Margaret was christaned at St Cut...

moffat/Mckechnie Posted on: 05 Jan 2007, by  JuneDuncan

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Ayrshire > General

Looking for Walden Moffat b1975ish son of ? moffat and Elizabeth McKechnie. Not sure if he was born in Ayrshire or Lanarkshire but know that he became a Church o Scot minister. his mum, Eliz was born Glasgow and h...

moffat/mckechnie Posted on: 05 Jan 2007, by  JuneDuncan

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Lanarkshire (Glasgow) > General

Looking for Walden Moffat b1915ish son of ? moffat and Elizabeth McKechnie. Not sure if he was born in Ayrshire or Lanarkshire but know that he became a Church o Scot minister. his mum, Eliz was born Glasgow and her ...

John Moffat McDougall, Canadian Scot fought in our Civil War Posted on: 30 Jul 2007, by  ReynoldsNYMI

Surnames > McDougall

John Moffat McDougall, said to be descended from a Sir John Moffat of Scotland schooled at McGill in Quebec, but later lived in Denison TX and Parsons KS. Probably born in the 1840s and died in the 1890s. He...

Re: Charles Edward Hay Herkes / Margaret Grubb Posted on: 04 Aug 2007, by  gmoxley_1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > East Lothian > General

Can give more details on any individual on this list HERCUS, Jhone Chr 1610 Scot EaLo NorBer Fa: Patrik HERCUS Mo: HERCAS, Heleine Bir 1611 Scot Midl Invere Fa: Jhone HERCAS Mo: HERCUS, Alexander Chr 1614 ...

Re: John Moffat & Mary Bertram m. Cranshaws, Berwick, 1789 Posted on: 16 Sep 2007, by  gmoxley_1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Berwickshire > General

Most possible parents are Peter and Mary ( since Mary and John Moffat had a son Peter) Peter Bertram m Mary Robieson 5.11.1762. The children born pre 1762 may have had a different mother, did she die?? Bel...

Re: Riddell Family Posted on: 05 Nov 2007, by  JerryandCarol...

Surnames > Riddell

...Three hundred and fifty tons, twenty great guns, Richard Hutton, master. Perth Amboy. In 1685, George Scot, Baird of Pitlochie, was given his liberty in Scotland provided he transported to East Jersey ...

per page