Search the Boards

Search Results for "Paska" - 82 Messages

per page

Surnames Posted on: 10 Sep 1998, by Karen Gacsala

Localities > Central Europe > Hungary > General

The GACSALA, ERDEI,PASKA, AND PETRO families all lived in Pennsylvania around 1900 to 1910 when they started moving to East Chicago, Lake, Indiana. They are all from Hungary.

Piska or Paska Posted on: 20 May 2000, by Judy Budka

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nebraska > Counties > Douglas

IM searching for information on Albert George Paska (AKA Wajciech Piska)who came to Douglas County, NE from Poland. He was married to Mary had 4 children,Albina,Louie (?), John, and Joseph.

Wladyka Posted on: 07 Jun 2000, by  sumda

Localities > Eastern Europe > Ukraine > General

...Although some of their children may have moved to Alberta. My Wladyka is Phillip Wladyka who married Paska (Paulie) Kyrylchuk.

Wladyka Posted on: 04 Dec 2000, by Tracey Kyrylchuk

Hello: I'm not sure if I'm related or not. My aunt, Paska Kyrylczuk, married Phillip Wladyka, and came to Canada in 1905. They were from the Brody Galicia area. Phillip would have been older than your Anto...

Lariviere Posted on: 03 Apr 2001, by  JamesHartigan...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Oswego

...where his sons Pschal & Richard were married. He appears in the 1850 US census of Oswego, NY as Paska Levere and his wife was listed as Ruba. The 1860 census lists him as Pascal Levire and his wife was...

Wladyka Posted on: 06 May 2001, by  sumda

My Wladyka relative married my great-aunt. He was Phillip Wladyka and married Paska Kyrylchuk. They came to Canada about 1906 and homesteaded near Zbaraz Manitoba. I don't know where in Ukraine Phillip Wla...

Clive C. Bell (1894-1941) Posted on: 21 Feb 2002, by  swoodruf

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Marathon

Transcribed from the Wausau Daily Record Herald - Monday, 12/8/1941. Funeral services for Clive C. Bell, 47, 1031 S. Fifth avenue, who died yesterday morning at St. Mary's hospital, will be held Wedn...

Pasko or Pushka or Paska Posted on: 03 Aug 2003, by pattie

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Northumberland

...step-father, Walter Chmeleski. Anna's third husband. Listed as a witness to their marriage was Longinus Paska.. Would love to hear from anyone with connections to this side of my family.

Re: Looking for authentic recipe Posted on: 24 Nov 2004, by  ZBeca

Andrea In Slovak we call it Kolac' (kolach) or paska bread but you are right it does not taste the same as home made. Did you google?

Re: Looking for authentic recipe Posted on: 25 Nov 2004, by lisa

Hi, In Rusyn (Ruthenian) it was and is called PASKA. It is taken to Easter services (usually midnight) together with other goodies such as ham, sausage & cheese in a basket that is covered with the m...

Anthony Foglietta Posted on: 06 Mar 2005, by  lois5241

Surnames > Foglietta

Does anyone know Anthony Foglietta from Philadelphia, PA. On December 2, 1939 he married Josephine Paska. Sound familiar to anyone? Lois

Re: Pelner and Olson Posted on: 23 Jun 2005, by Tony

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Kewaunee

Hi Carol, the surnames Pelner (perhaps Pelnar) and Paska can be a Bohemian. I have in my file: Josef Pelnar emigrated 1881, John em. 1880, Simon em.1855 with wife and 8 children, Maria (received) 1939 bapt...

Obits for Kruzelnick, Peacock, Schwarz, Sheldon, Staub, Wilde and Wright. Posted on: 28 Dec 2005, by  maryethum

Localities > North America > United States > States > New Jersey > Counties > Sussex

...Stephen and his wife, Angela, Janine tatka and her husbnad, Michael and Nona Peacock. Siblings: Eileen Paska and Rose Hancock. Others: 4 grandhcildren. Stella Schwarz, 92, died Thursday, Oct 13, 2005. Spo...

Re: Anna Juergens Posted on: 16 Nov 2005, by  penny2862

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Butler

...the Schucknects lived in Charles City. I made a mistake on Anna's third marriage - it was to Frank Paska. They had 4 daughters: Mathilda, Anna, Elsie and Emma, born 1875, 1879, 1882 and 1880. I foun...

GEIMER, Cornelius J. (Neil), died Sept. 29, 1987 Posted on: 29 Dec 2003, by  maudiecarole

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > St > Joseph

GEIMER, Cornelius J. (Neil), died Sept. 29, 1987 GEIMER, SPANG, BROECKER, LaFOND, BUNKER, PASKA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...

Looking for Paska Posted on: 25 Jun 2005, by  tup12341

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Oneida

Does anyone have any info on the surname Paska? They were supposed to have lived in Utica, NY in the 1800's. Then went on to WI. Any relatives out there?

Re: Looking for Paska Posted on: 28 Jul 2005, by  Polly_HH

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Oneida

I don't know if this will be of any help to you but I have a Ruth Paska, daughter of George and Alice (Perkins) Paska who married into one of the families on my maternal lines in 1939. Her married name was Ruth...

Re: Looking for Paska Posted on: 28 Jul 2005, by  tup12341

I am not sure if this is part of my husband's family. His grandfather was Jacob Paska and came from Utica. His wife's name was Magdelena Biskup. I do not know the names of any siblings or other members of...

Re: ROWNEY, LAPPA Posted on: 17 Mar 2003, by  MichelleMeade...

Localities > North America > Canada > Saskatchewan > Saskatoon

My grandfather was John Lappa who married Paska (Pearl) Rowney. John's father was Nickolus Lappa (1894-1928) and was married to Mary Perovaff. I think they had 7 children...Jenny,John,Petes,Vera,Basil?,Ale...

Re: ROWNEY, LAPPA Posted on: 10 May 2003, by  MichelleMeade...

Localities > North America > Canada > Saskatchewan > Saskatoon

My grandparents were John Lappa and Paska Lappa (nee Rowney). I only have a sketchy history of the family and would like to learn more.The family connection became very weak after my mother ( Laura Lappa )...

skoropada family from Poland Posted on: 15 Mar 1999, by christa hart

Localities > Central Europe > Poland > Unknown

TRIING TO FIND SOMETHING ABOUT ZACHARKO SKOROPADA(DIED IN 1943)AND HIS WIFE PASKA SKOROPADA(DIED IN 1924) OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION ON SKOROPADA NAME. THANK YOU

Obituary lookup Michael Paszka died Sept 11, 1960 Posted on: 06 Jun 2006, by  diona dickers...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Milwaukee

...Date of death is Sept. 11, 1960. I sent for and received my grandfather's birth certificate, Michel Paska, born in 1921 in Green Bay, Wisconsin, died 1976. His father's name according to birth cert was Mi...

Re: Obituary lookup Michael Paszka died Sept 11, 1960 Posted on: 07 Jun 2006, by  ckbswg

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Milwaukee

I checked the death notices in the "Milwaukee Journal" newspaper from September 11-20, 1960 and could not find nothing relating to Michael Paszka/Paska.

Margaret E. TAYLOR (1914 - 2004) Posted on: 04 Nov 2004, by  ShawanoGenWeb...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Shawano

...with beads and making homemade ornaments. Survivors include one daughter and son-in-law, Carol and Jim Paska, Wausau; three grandchildren, Jay (Michelle) Paska, St. Paul, Minn.; Melissa Taylor and Eric Taylor;...

Re: Memories of Old Angelicia Posted on: 18 Oct 2006, by Carol Paska

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Shawano

...authors of the book was Matie Berent. Several of my relatives are mentioned in the book also. Carol Paska

John Paska Jr Posted on: 11 May 2002, by  ardispierce

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Kalamazoo

Mr. John Paska Jr - Kalamazoo MI, Died Tuesday evening, May 7, 2002 at his residence. John was born July 13, 1918 in Czechoslovakia, a son of John and Anna (Zlinka) Paska. During WW II, he served with the U.S. ...

Clarence Leo REDMOND Posted on: 18 Sep 2006, by WHL

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Kalamazoo

REDMOND, Clarence Leo Born February 22, 1926, peacefully passed away on September 14, 2006 at Kairos Dwelling Hospice House. Clarence was raised in Kalamazoo and graduated from St. Augustine Catholi...

Paska name Posted on: 16 Sep 2003, by  tup12341

Surnames > Paska

Is anyone researching the Paska name? I would like to share info. there are several variations of this name. i am looking for the one spelled with an "a" on the end. Thanks Carol

Re: Paska name Posted on: 11 Jul 2004, by Susan O'Konski

Surnames > Paska

My grandmother was a Paska - she married a farmer in Kewaunee, Wisconsin, named O'Konski.

Re: Paska name Posted on: 15 Jul 2004, by  tup12341

Surnames > Paska

Hi Susan! My husband is James Paska, son of the late Henry Paska, son of John Paska. Henry Paska was a first cousin to Adrian and Alvin O'Konski. They all are from the Kewaunee, WI area. What was your grandmothers...

Re: Paska name Posted on: 15 Jul 2004, by Susan O'Konski

Surnames > Paska

My grandmother's name was Antonia Paska - born 1875/76, died 1964. According to what family geneolgy I have, she did have a brother, John, born in 1870. Antonia married Frank O'Konski, Sr., in 1896. Adr...

Michael Henry Paska / Rose Marie Woodard Wisconsin Posted on: 09 Sep 2004, by  diona dickers...

Surnames > Paska

I am searching for my maternal grandfather, Michael Henry Paska. He was from Green Bay Wisconsin, born in 1921, died in Milwaukee in 1976. Parents were Michael Henry Paska and Rose Marie Woodard. (I sent for...

Sidlo name Posted on: 15 Feb 2005, by  tup12341

Surnames > Sidlo

Is anyone researching the Sidlo name? It is also listed on immigration as Schidlo. Looking for descendants in the Kewaunee, WI area.

Agnes (Marquardt) Bloch (1897-1987) Posted on: 18 Mar 1999, by  Leona L Gusta...

Surnames > Bloch

...Bertha nee Marquardt Bloch was born in Gosper County about 11 miles south of Elwood to August and Eva ne Paska Marquardt on August 6, 1897. She was baptized at Immanuel Lutheran Church by Rev. Albert Merz ...

Re: Johan Halvorsen Eberlein Posted on: 27 Sep 2004, by  brockjansen1

Surnames > Eberlein

I am a cousin of Carol Paska, and am very interested in contacting you regarding the Kongsberg mines, and any distant relations that may exist. Johan Hendrik Halvorsen Eberlin and Oline Marie Christophe...

Re: Johan Halvorsen Eberlein Posted on: 04 Dec 2003, by Helge M Haakonsen

Surnames > Eberlein

...moved to USA in 1881 and settled there. I have recently reached the descendants of him there. Carol Paska: please contact me!

Paschke/Paska's-Chicago, IL Posted on: 28 Aug 2003, by  queeneugene

Surnames > Paschke

Looking for anyone who may be related to: Leo & Clementine Paska/Paschke and their children; Frank, Mae/May, Clarice/Clara, Anna/Toots.

John Pasko Posted on: 02 Aug 2003, by pattie

Surnames > Pasko

...Gonjoroswki in 1912. The lived in Shamokin, PA. There was variations to the spelling of his last name, PUSHKA, PASKA. According to his marriage records he was the son of Leonard and no mothers name. Also...

Anyone researching Posted on: 30 Aug 2003, by  tup12341

Surnames > Paske

Is anyone researching the name Paska? There are many variations of spelling, Paske, Pasko, and Paska. I am looking for Paska with the "a". This is my husband's family name. Would like to share info if an...

Mamrosh, Sucha, Kuryla Familes - Jersey City, Newark, New York Posted on: 21 Dec 2006, by  RobertBreen73...

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > United States > Ukranian immigrants

...knowledge they all considered themselves Ukranian. (My Italian wife is the keeper of the secret family Paska recipe!) My Grandfather is Trofy Mamrosh (Trofym, Mamrosz). His parents are identified as Porif...

Re: Johnson family in Wisconsin Posted on: 30 May 2007, by  tup12341

Surnames > Johnson

Descendants of John Johnsen Kongsgården 1 John Johnsen Kongsgården b: 12 Oct 1829 in Seggrenda, Kongsberg, Norway d: 26 Jan 1905 in Wisconsin - 75 years 3 OS 14 days . +Sophia Kalaathe ...

James Henry Galley b 1799/Ann Whittaker>England>Utah>Nebraska Posted on: 02 Sep 2007, by  ChSwan

Surnames > Galley

I am looking for the ancestors of James Henry Galley and Ann Whittaker. They were Mormon converts from Macclesfield, England that sailed to America with their children. Their eldest son, George Whitt...

Helen Jane HIRSHEY PASKA Posted on: 18 Sep 2007, by  WHL44

PASKA, Helen Jane (Hirshey) Of Kalamazoo Helen passed away Friday, September 14, 2007. She was born March 5, 1916 in Three Rivers, Michigan, to Walter and Louise Hirshey. She was a graduate of Marcell...

SKUNCE MONCE Posted on: 16 Feb 2008, by  Robert Jerin

Localities > Eastern Europe > Yugoslavia > General

...were fought over this centuries ago), sheeps milk cheese called Paski Sir and an exquisite lace called Paska Cipka. My wife and I went to Pag town to study the lace in 1999. Novalja today is known for nu...

Re: Michael Henry Paska / Rose Marie Woodard Wisconsin Posted on: 14 May 2009, by  alfranklin741

Surnames > Paska

Hello, My grandmother Betty (nee Paska) Hiltunen was your grandfather's sister. I remember hearing about your grandfather Michael - my mom knew him as Uncle Mike. I am guessing she knows your parent, as w...

Re: Michael Henry Paska / Rose Marie Woodard Wisconsin Posted on: 16 Jun 2009, by  TracyHilliard...

Surnames > Paska

I just came across your post. Betty Paska who married John Hiltunen was my grandmother, I am trying to research that family too, trying to find the origins. maybe if we put all our details together we can ...

Bromaroff Posted on: 10 Sep 2009, by  KellyHammel

Localities > Eastern Europe > Bulgaria > General

...I have in Bulgaria. I beleive they live in Sofia, however that is only a hunch. I have/had an Aunt Paska who visited in the late 70's. I do not know her married name. She would be approximately 80 year...

Re: DANYLUL/DANILUK/DANIELUK Posted on: 04 Feb 2010, by  cheerbabe0807...

Surnames > Danyluk

I am Megan Donlick, Great Great grandaughter of kalina danyluk and mary paska. Trying to learn a little bit more about this side of the family. I live in Philly

Sister Lorraine Leannah,born in Neopit, Wis., the daughter of ,Mary Louise Dennis and Emmanuel Leannah. Posted on: 08 Feb 2010, by  KENNELLYMARKA

Surnames > Leannah

...survived by her Religious Community and three sisters; Patricia Kabasiak of Fox Point, Wis.; Gladys Paska of Deltona, Fla.; and Sister Marie Emmanuel of Manitovia, Wis. along with many nieces and nephew...

Searching for information on Karol Paska Posted on: 13 Mar 2010, by  Alaskahsm

Surnames > Paska

...do research for my fathers line. His grandfather immigrated from Lithuania. His name was changed to Paska, but I believe his original name was paskatimus or something of the like. If anyone has any info it...

per page
  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions