Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Welsh" - 27,339 Messages

per page

Stinson, Cardens in 1819-20 Posted on: 02 Apr 2000, by Harry Stinson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Marengo

...believed that John came in from Georgia or North Carolina perhaps with a Carden that was traveling with a Welsh circus. Something happened to Rebecca and it is believed that John remarried and settled in n...

John and Catherine Welsh Bybee Posted on: 09 Jun 2001, by  joyclarkcrane

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Barren

I am looking for a complete list of the children with birth dates of John and Catherine(KITTY) Welsh Bybee that were born in Barren Co.or anywhere else. Where are John and Catherine (KITTY)Bybee buried. Pl...

Re: 1891 Census - Kerr & Harper surname Posted on: 17 Feb 2006, by  katebeadle60

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Manitoulin

...children one who had the name Barbara; but as you mention John does end his days in Arizona. Catherine was Welsh and my relative has an ancestor (with a sister Catherine) emigrating to Leadville Co at abou...

Hutchison Welsh Posted on: 28 Mar 2001, by  raerey

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Stirlingshire > General

...these names. My Grandmother was named Elizabeth Hutchison Connacher her mother had been Jane (Jeanie) Welsh. On her marriage certificate Jeanie is listed as being a dressmaker. Her parents were John Welsh miner...

Re: Where is Brushford, in Carmarthen Co? Posted on: 20 Jun 2005, by pjpoynter

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Carmarthenshire > General

...sister, Mary. Mary is shown as born in Brushford, as well as her mother. I am not familiar with Welsh language, but am curious if Brechfa and Brushford sound alike? I also found Brushford in Devon, ...

Re: FREE HELP WITH YOUR MONMOUTHSHIRE FAMILY AND HISTORICAL ROOTS Posted on: 05 Dec 2001, by  beverlyhodges...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Monmouthshire > General

...wales, my grandmother Emil Davies born Dec l, l859. Her father Samuel Davies was English her mother welsh,this is the infomation as I remember she told me when I was about l3. Her mother was Welsh .Her father S...

Corrigan-John, born circ. 1802 Posted on: 15 Dec 1998, by Mark Corrigan

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Westmeath > General

...am trying to locate the descendants of John Corrigan born circ. 1802 in Mullingar (?). Married Ann Welsh (born circ. 1810) in about 1841-43 approx.. Was a member of 63rd Regiment. Emigrated to New Zeala...

Welsh connection with Hutchinson Posted on: 29 Sep 2000, by Joan Green

I think your Matthew and Catherine Thompson could well have been Matthew Welsh born in 1856 to Jean Aitken and Robert Welsh in Denny, Stirlingshire. The tree researchers in my tree have never been able to find ...

Lewis H. & Ellen ROBERTS Posted on: 23 Aug 2000, by  MichelleStone...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Jefferson

...Lewis Humphrey ROBERTS (born c. 1832 Boston, son of David ROBERTS and Catherine HUMPHREY, supposedly Welsh immigrants), a disabled Civil War veteran stationed at Madison Barracks, married Ellen ROBERTS of ...

1830 census look-up Please Posted on: 14 May 2003, by Lynn

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > New York

I am trying to find the family of: George B FERRIS born 1822 (ish) and brother Robert L born 1824 NY. I am assuming it is NYC-Manhattan because I did find them in later census as living there. They...

RYANS in TROY, New York Posted on: 10 Oct 2002, by  sandykaykay

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Rensselaer

...grdfth., LAWRENCE HENRY RYAN, was born in Troy in 1847. His father was John Ryan and his mother was Margret Welsh (Walsh) Ryan. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sandy (skkel@hotmail.com)

Thomas and Ambler Posted on: 09 Dec 2002, by  den184

...dad's grandmother was Mary Ida Thomas. She came from Wales but as you know Mary Thomas a very common Welsh name, but when you say she came from royal birth this indicates to me she came from the lowlands o...

Welsh connection ? Posted on: 29 Sep 2000, by Annie Irving

My ggrandfather, Matthew Welsh, was born in Timaru, New Zealand c. 1877, and his parents were Matthew Welsh and Catherine Thompson, who I believe came from Scotland, but I haven't managed to trace back that far...

KANE, WELSH Posted on: 15 May 1998, by Patricia Troy Demers

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Genesee

Looking for Peter KANE, wife Briget WELSH, buried Bergen NY. Child Mary, wife of John Henry KELLY. Peter born abt 1836. Have info on John, want more info on ancestors.

FRANK P. VINCENT Posted on: 13 Jan 2000, by  JeffreyLElmer

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > Klickitat

...was born in Washington county, Ohio, July 28, 1853, the son of George and Rachael (Wilson) Vincent, of Welsh and Irish extraction respectively. Their families have been residents of Washington county for n...

Re: WELSH IN UTICA Posted on: 27 May 2003, by  BarbaraHenry1...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Oneida

The Welsh in Oneida County, New York by Paul Demund Evans has the info you are looking for: http://www.rootsweb.com/~nyunywh/oneidawelsh/

Re: FREE HELP WITH YOUR MONMOUTHSHIRE FAMILY AND HISTORICAL ROOTS Posted on: 19 Nov 2001, by beverly hodges

...born Dec. l.1859. in Nantygo. His Name was Samuel Davies I believe he was English and his wife was Welsh. He was a labour although had some education and was disinherited from his family because he marrie...

Re: Welsh Family Connection - Denny area Posted on: 23 Feb 2005, by Anne

...family. Grave in Denny Cemetery, Denny. The inscription reads as follows: "Erected by John and Janet Welsh, Banknock In loving memory of JANE LANGLEY WELSH their daughter Who died 25th August 1910 aged 18...

Re: Brooklyn Directory help Posted on: 04 Nov 2006, by  william_hackm...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

George, Thank you. I will search for the latter Welsh. Bill

SUITS Posted on: 04 Mar 2001, by  kayutajack1

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Oneida

The following SUITS entries appear in the 1869 Oneida County Directory under the Town of Verona in the settlement of Higginsville: Christopher, lot 89, farmer 271 (acres) George W., lot 96, farmer 1...

WELSH IN UTICA Posted on: 26 Dec 2000, by  HMartin4288

...gg.grandfather Morris WILLIAMS came from Wales to Oneida County in 1845. Would any of you know what brought the Welsh here in the 1840's? He later moved to PA and worked in the slate mines in York County. ...

New Server Posted on: 09 Jun 2001, by Joan Green

Sorry for anyone trying to get hold of me. Have been doing another family tree, and didn't come in here. However, have also changed internet provider. Can now be reached at greenlimeys@home.com and if...

JOHN H. WILLIAMS (b. 1857 Wisconsin) Judge, resident of Aurora & Elgin Posted on: 10 Jun 1999, by A Good Deed

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Kane

...County, Elgin, Illinois was born in Waushara County, Wis., in 1857, son of Rev. RICHARD WILLIAMS, a Welsh Congregational minister, and with his parents when ten years old came to Kane County, Ill. He is a ...

Re: Brooklyn Directory help Posted on: 03 Nov 2006, by  GeorgeMiller7...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Kings

The 1909 & 1910 volumes have 2 Wm. Welsh entries: 1. William, laundry 196 Court, h 25 Strong pl. 2. William, liquors 453 3d av. I didn't check spelling variations, e.g. Welsch, Welch, and didn't chec...

Hazelton Posted on: 31 Jan 2000, by  jbordsen

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Becker

...father was William Hazelton Sr.; his mother was Martha (probably Martha Jordan). His wife was Mary Parker Welsh, who was born in Maine. They appear to not be closely related to the majority of Hazeltons ex...

John W. Jones Posted on: 07 Mar 2004, by Angie

Localities > North America > United States > States > Nebraska > Counties > Gage

...and Jennie E., wife of H.D. LLOYD. All reside in Barneston township. The parents were members of the Welsh church, of which Mr. JONES was a deacon for about eighteen years. Mr. JONES was a Republican ..

Re: Everitt in NJ 1803 Posted on: 27 Jun 2005, by  HilaryEveritt...

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Kent

...Sherman in there. Here is the family from the 1881 Census. 1881 Census Canada William EVERITT M Male Welsh 49 O <Ontario> Farmer E. Methodist Matilda EVERITT M Female Irish 44 O <Ontario> E....

JENKINS, Family Posted on: 14 Mar 2005, by  galeses42

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Carmarthenshire > General

...great-great-grandfather Aaron Jenkins arrived when he was 35 years old on the 28th of June 1865, with 152 other Welsh that landed facing what is today the city of Puerto Madryn in Argentina. His brothers s...

"Thomas Price (Pryce) marriage to Sarah Ann Powell (?) ca. 1780 Wales" Posted on: 17 Apr 2006, by Charlie Price

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Radnorshire > General

"Thomas Price (Pryce) marriage to Sarah Ann Powell (?) ca. 1780 Wales" We are looking for any information/documented evidence related to the marriage of a Thomas Price or Pryce (1754-1836)...

Welsh Connection Posted on: 28 Mar 2001, by  raerey

...Hutchison. It seems that the link is definite. I have the marriage certificate of Peter Connacher to Jeanie Welsh and the details fit. The certificate states that Jeanie was 19 when she married so that al...

Brooklyn Directory help Posted on: 03 Nov 2006, by  william_hackm...

Would somebody that has access to a 1910 Brooklyn directory please look up the address for a William Welsh.I believe that his occupation was a motorman. He is my grandfather and I am trying to find where h...

Welsh woman born in Spain, c1807 Posted on: 04 Jun 2000, by Maria Haines

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Cardiganshire > General

My g-g-g-grandmother, Ann Pierce (probably née Morgan, but unconfirmed) was the Welsh-speaking wife of a Welsh agricultural labourer, a British subject born, so the censuses say, in Spain c1807. Lived Capel Bangor/...

Edward GRIFFITHS Posted on: 19 Nov 1998, by Bailey Francis

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Schuylkill

...JAMES, were very good boys. They regularly attended Sunday School and church". (presumably the Welsh Baptist Church) "As there have 74 years elapsed since I left my former home to come to Wadesv...

Robert Taylor's parents. Posted on: 12 Dec 2000, by Joan Green

...parents were Henry Taylor and Janet Muir, who married August 3, 1800 in Falkirk. Robert, who married Mary Welsh on Feb 4, 1825 in Haggs, died there on July 12, 1872. He was baptised in Denny june 7, 1801. ...

Re: Everitt in NJ 1803 Posted on: 23 Jul 2003, by Laura McMahan

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Kent

...area - Houks, Hazlett, Sherman, Flemming. Supposedly family was linked to Mayflower people. They were Welsh by census reports. Sorry, none of these fit but Wm. A's siblings may be a line. Thanks for in...

S. W. Billingsley Posted on: 14 Oct 1999, by HISTORY OF HICKORY, POLK, CEDAR, DADE AND BARTON COUNTIES, MISSOURI 1889

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Cedar

...where Mr. Billingsley died in April 1887. Mrs. Billingsley died in May, 1889. Mr. Billingsley was of Welsh descent, and was a farmer and stock-raiser by occupation. S. W. Billingsley was the fourth of six ...

Welsh/Hay Posted on: 29 Sep 2000, by Joan Green

...tonight to answer you. I've found your branch in my research notes, and I know what you mean re William Welsh and Mary Rapper. It was for me a strong possibility at one time, but I found this out from a r...

Thorntons - Wakefield Posted on: 09 Apr 2001, by  madelinescull...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Yorkshire > General

...Barnard Castle (1820s), and then later, Ingleton Durham (formerly Yorks?). My ggrandfather, William Welsh, married a Thornton lass from Ingleton. William was living in Wakefield at the time, although is fa...

LEONA "ONIE" BURTON Posted on: 06 May 1999, by Pamela Latimer Holden

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Adair

...post and write to me. Thank You for your time, Also would like to know origin of the Burton Name. Is it Welsh? Pamela Latimer Holden >gr8scot@inreach.com<

Re: Welsh's of Barren Co. Posted on: 18 Aug 2001, by  oldoneseeker4...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Barren

Email me direct at oldoneseeker45@hotmail.com can fill you in on children of John and Catherine Welsh Bybee, but do need info on Catherine and sister Margaret.

Re: James, Levi and Mary Posted on: 27 May 2003, by Barbara Henry

Upstate New York Welsh Heritage is now at http://www.rootsweb.com/~nyunywh/upstatenywelsh/

Welsh/Hay Posted on: 23 Sep 2000, by Elizabeth H. Lovie

I am interested in James Welsh and Helen Hay, whose daughter Mary married a Robert Taylor and they were my gggrandparents.The family lived in the Denny area till the 1960s. I have a possible parentage for ...

Hope T. MARTIN, died Jan. 26, 1993 Posted on: 04 Feb 2000, by  maudiecarole

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > St > Joseph

Bronson; Hope T. MARTIN, 92, 209 Shaffmaster Blvd., died Jan. 26, 1993, at the Branch County Community Health Center, Coldwater, following a long illness. She was born Jan. 10, 1901, in Steuben Count...

Re: Welsh's of Barren Co. Posted on: 14 Jul 2001, by Don Hammon

I have information on the descendants of Buford and Margaret Welsh Bybee and limited information on John and Kitty. Both sons of John Bybee and Elizabeth Kelly

Re: John Evans b.1791 Lanstafen, Radnorshire Posted on: 04 Apr 2006, by Nancy Milne

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Radnorshire > General

...when spelling Llanstafen but this is the spelling on the 1851 census. It also explained why lots of Welsh towns start with "Llan" which means clan and that is the way that you say it. Nancy

Edward GRIFFITHS Posted on: 16 Nov 1998, by Bailey Francis

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Schuylkill

...David JAMES, married a Mrs. GRIFFITHS in 1862. Mrs. GRIFFITHS was a widow at the time and spoke the Welsh language as did David JAMES. Mrs. GRIFFITHS had three sons from her first marriage named Griff, Edw...

Welsh Family Connection - Denny area Posted on: 02 Jun 2000, by Joan Green

Well, I think I know where your Welsh's came from, the same as mine did, from a James Welsh who married Helen Hay in 1799 in Cumbernauld. Your Jane Welsh was born about 1879 and was the daughter of John Welsh and A...

Welsh's of Barren Co. Posted on: 04 Jun 2001, by Glen Coon

I am looking for the family of these two sisters that married into the Bybee family of Barren Co. Margaret married Buford and Kitty married John.

MICHAEL WELSH Posted on: 21 Jan 2000, by Tom Welsh

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Belmont County (Oh) Genealogical Society (BCGS)

I am looking for information regarding Michael Welsh, my great-great grandfather, who lived in/near Barnesville in the 19th century. According to the information that I have, he married a woman by the name...

Dr. W. E. Dawson Posted on: 21 Oct 1999, by HISTORY OF HICKORY, POLK, CEDAR, DADE AND BARTON COUNTIES, MISSOURI, 1889.

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Cedar

...ailments of his fellow-men, was born in Monroe County, Mo., in 1844, and is the son of John W. and Mary (Welsh) Dawson, natives of Virginia, born in 1804. They removed with their parents to Kentucky when y...

per page