Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "Welsh" - 27,328 Messages

per page

Hope T. MARTIN, died Jan. 26, 1993 Posted on: 04 Feb 2000, by  maudiecarole

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > St > Joseph

Bronson; Hope T. MARTIN, 92, 209 Shaffmaster Blvd., died Jan. 26, 1993, at the Branch County Community Health Center, Coldwater, following a long illness. She was born Jan. 10, 1901, in Steuben Count...

surname Embrys, Wales & FRA? Posted on: 10 Apr 2005, by  giselleemby

Localities > Western Europe > France > General

...– Almericus. Other sources cite the name as Embreke in German. The Dictionary of English and Welsh surnames- by Burdsley assumes that "The Family of D'Amery came to England with the conquero...

Wright of Crick Posted on: 24 Mar 2003, by  johnvarney1

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Monmouthshire > General

I have an old welsh bible with the following information.Are thre any descendants interested in it? regards John Varney Samuel Arthur Wright (13/9/1856) married at Crick Harriet Anne Lee(1/5/1853) chilren...

Re: EVANS/WILLIAMS Fair Haven/Castleton Posted on: 16 Jun 2004, by marjorie adams

Localities > North America > United States > States > Vermont > Counties > Rutland

...of VT, when I came across your request. There is an active community of people with interest in the Welsh heritage in this region. Have you tried WAGS (the Welsh American Genealogical Society)? They have a we...

Stinson, Cardens in 1819-20 Posted on: 02 Apr 2000, by Harry Stinson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Marengo

...believed that John came in from Georgia or North Carolina perhaps with a Carden that was traveling with a Welsh circus. Something happened to Rebecca and it is believed that John remarried and settled in n...

Lookup of obituary needed Posted on: 08 Jul 2001, by  JackieSerna

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Essex

Looking for obituary for Elizabeth Dean Welsh died at her residence 731 St. Antoine Windsor Ontario December 16 1952. Wouls appreciate if anyone could check the papers of Windsor for that time. Thanks Jack...

MATTHEWS to WELSH Posted on: 21 Oct 2000, by Sandi Gorin

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Barren

From: John Matthews Sr. To: Permelia Welsh Date: 1810 Type: Sale of slaves. Barren Co KY Deed Book B, p. 292

Re: Ship Passenger List Lookup Please Posted on: 21 Jan 2005, by  mysticmod

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > New York

...on the ship CEDRIC from Liverpool, listed as Richard E (for Eurog?) Jones, age 28, single, Ethnicity: Welsh, Last residence: Utica NY, Occupation: Minister, had been in the US for the last two years, addre...

Re: Jones born in Talu Posted on: 14 Jul 2001, by  @@a.chesterfi...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Carmarthenshire > General

There is no place called Talu in Carmarthenshire. This is most probably TALLEY, near Llandeilo (correct Welsh version is TALYLLYCHAU).

Welsh Quakers? Posted on: 25 Mar 2006, by Janie Bowen

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Carmarthenshire > General

I found the postings on Welsh Mormons as I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. However, it seems that my ancestors, or part of them were Quakers from the Carmathenshire area. Do...

Dillon Bethel Monticello Posted on: 26 Aug 2006, by  gerisgenes

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Sullivan

...states that his famly on both sides were promnently involved in the 1798 revolution under Emmet. MARY [WELSH] DILLON, 1829--32, CO Kerry, Ireland. They came to Mongaup Valley, New York in 1847--51 , boug...

Hutchison Welsh Posted on: 28 Mar 2001, by  raerey

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Stirlingshire > General

...these names. My Grandmother was named Elizabeth Hutchison Connacher her mother had been Jane (Jeanie) Welsh. On her marriage certificate Jeanie is listed as being a dressmaker. Her parents were John Welsh miner...

Search for family of Thomas J. Jones Posted on: 14 Jun 2000, by  @@jlf20@csufr...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Oneida

...with his family at age 4 to Stephenson Co., IL. Have no other information. Have heard that there was a Welsh settlement in Oneida Co. Does anyone know of records (histories, Church records) from such a col...

Hart Co. KY. NDN's Posted on: 11 Jan 2000, by  Pbarn1

Topics > Ethnic / Race > Native American > Intertribal > Kentucky

...Possibility of three other sibs. being NDN as well, Patterson, Francis and George W. Geo. Marr. a Welch/Welsh. Looking for more info on this and this area. In search of maybe a will from WM. leaving proper...

Davies /National Library of Wales Posted on: 12 Oct 2002, by Glenda

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Cardiganshire > General

...spoke to a gentleman who thought there was a book in the National Library, probably with the title "Welsh Families and Pedigrees". That is the only information he was able to give me re the book...

Corrigan-John, born circ. 1802 Posted on: 15 Dec 1998, by Mark Corrigan

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Westmeath > General

...am trying to locate the descendants of John Corrigan born circ. 1802 in Mullingar (?). Married Ann Welsh (born circ. 1810) in about 1841-43 approx.. Was a member of 63rd Regiment. Emigrated to New Zeala...

Welsh connection with Hutchinson Posted on: 29 Sep 2000, by Joan Green

I think your Matthew and Catherine Thompson could well have been Matthew Welsh born in 1856 to Jean Aitken and Robert Welsh in Denny, Stirlingshire. The tree researchers in my tree have never been able to find ...

LINDSAY Posted on: 14 Jul 2001, by  @@jimandlilia...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Wigtownshire > General

Iwould like to hear from anyone researching the family of WILLIAM LINDSAY AND SARAH WELSH who were married in KIRKCOWAN in 1843 and later lived in the Old/New Luce area

Book B Pages 128-130 Posted on: 09 May 2000, by Cathy Morgan

Localities > North America > United States > States > Alabama > Counties > Perry

...Arkansas Territory and Hempstead County in consideration of four hundred dollars to us in hand paid by John Welsh Jr. of the State of Alabama and County of Perry have granted bargained sold relinquished an...

HOUSE, Walter C., died Sept. 11, 1992 Posted on: 09 Mar 2005, by  maudiecarole

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > St > Joseph

HOUSE, Walter C., died Sept. 11, 1992 HOUSE, BUTLER, PATRICK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>&g...

obit lookup please: Isabel Walton Waldo, age 60, d. 4 June 1902 Posted on: 07 Nov 2004, by  mburdge

Localities > North America > United States > States > Louisiana > Parishes > Orleans

...property $5,000; C. H. Waldo, 40 b. NY, h'dware; Mrs. Isabella, 24 b. NY, personal property $3,000; Mary Welsh, 25 b. Ireland, servant; Bridget Donovan, 22 b. Ireland, servant. Thanks

Seeking descendants of Rev. David J. JENKINS Posted on: 07 Mar 2003, by  kajelliott

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Franklin

...(1872-1947), David Jenkins (1874-1921), and Elmer (or Evan) Jenkins (1879 - 1939). Rev. Jenkins was a Welsh Calvinist preacher in the Jackson County settlement, killed by a train in Hamden. Many of childr...

Welsh connection ? Posted on: 29 Sep 2000, by Annie Irving

My ggrandfather, Matthew Welsh, was born in Timaru, New Zealand c. 1877, and his parents were Matthew Welsh and Catherine Thompson, who I believe came from Scotland, but I haven't managed to trace back that far...

KANE, WELSH Posted on: 15 May 1998, by Patricia Troy Demers

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Genesee

Looking for Peter KANE, wife Briget WELSH, buried Bergen NY. Child Mary, wife of John Henry KELLY. Peter born abt 1836. Have info on John, want more info on ancestors.

connections to Dow Posted on: 08 Jan 2000, by Dow Frederick Burns

Localities > North America > Canada > New Brunswick > York

York County/McAdam, Canterbury

Ship Passenger List Lookup Please Posted on: 20 Jan 2005, by  dawngallagher...

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > New York

...could do a ships passenger lookup for me please My Grandfather Richard Jones - also known under his Welsh Bardic name of Eurog - went to USA around 1901. Returned and went out again probably 1902/3. He...

HODDER, WATKINS, DAVIES-Pontypool Posted on: 20 May 2000, by Bill Phillips

Um, no, I don't think there is any connection here, though so far I have made no further progress with any of my Welsh ancestors ... so something could connect in the future.

Re: Welsh Family Connection - Denny area Posted on: 23 Feb 2005, by Anne

...family. Grave in Denny Cemetery, Denny. The inscription reads as follows: "Erected by John and Janet Welsh, Banknock In loving memory of JANE LANGLEY WELSH their daughter Who died 25th August 1910 aged 18...

Wohlfahrt Posted on: 26 Mar 2001, by  BruceMcLain

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Wayne

Edward/Eduard Wohlfahrt, wife Emily,dau.Ida, Olga and Clara, lived on Welsh ave. in Detroit, MI in the U.S.Census of 1900. His occup. was a Day Laborer. He appeared in the 1910 and 1920 census as a Carpen...

Corrections & Additions/WILLIAMS Posted on: 02 Nov 1998, by Susi Wood Smith

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Barren

To the best of my knowledge & research, though Garrett Williams' family was originally of Welsh descent, he was actually born in Lynchburg, Campbell County, Virginia, in 1755, and died July 25, 1824 in...

EATON,JOHN Posted on: 17 Jul 1998, by  Rmomba

Surnames > Eaton

John Eaton was the son of William Eaton (The Welsh Branch).John came from Radnorshire Wales between 1683-1686.. He sailed from Ye Port of London. John and his wife, Joan were of Dolan, Radnorshire, Wales....

Lowman Family Posted on: 14 Apr 1999, by  alester172

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Jefferson

Searching for information about the family of James LOWMAN (c. 1776 MD - 1821 OH). James married Barbara WELSH in 1806 in MD and evidently moved to VA/WV by 1807 when the first child was born. Susanna LOWM...

Re: Kenneys in Marion/Mineral cos. Posted on: 29 Jun 2004, by  jsteele406

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Marion

...as a child visited my grandparents and my grandfathers brother (Jim E Kenney) in Westernport. Bridgit Welsh is Bridgit Callery Kenney; her living in Fairmont is news to me and a great find. Thank you for y...

Slave Narratives - Mentions surnames MASON,JONES,SCOTT,WELSH,ESTILL,GANO,MARION Posted on: 31 Jan 2002, by  Theresa_Griff...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Garrard

...and Ned; her sisters were Susie and Maria. Miss Patsy, wife of Marse Briar gave Maria to Marse Sammy Welsh, brother of Miss Patsy's and who lived with his sister. He taught school in Bryantsville for a lon...

New Server Posted on: 09 Jun 2001, by Joan Green

Sorry for anyone trying to get hold of me. Have been doing another family tree, and didn't come in here. However, have also changed internet provider. Can now be reached at greenlimeys@home.com and if...

McFarlain/McFarland Posted on: 20 Mar 2003, by  nlees_1

Localities > North America > United States > States > Louisiana > Parishes > Jefferson Davis

...descendents of Amos McFarlain and Louise Armentor married in 1916. Amos was born in 1896 and died in 1971 in Welsh. He was the son of Andrew McFarland and Mathilde Ravais. Louise was born in 1898. Date of ...

Re: Kenneys in Marion/Mineral cos. Posted on: 21 Apr 2004, by Jeanne Foley Dwyer

Localities > North America > United States > States > West Virginia > Counties > Marion

...was said to have emigrated as a child with parents (names at that time unknown, except that a Bridget Welsh was living with Margaret Kenney Kelley Kirk--her second husband--with Bridget listed as Lewis Kir...

Welsh Connection Posted on: 28 Mar 2001, by  raerey

...Hutchison. It seems that the link is definite. I have the marriage certificate of Peter Connacher to Jeanie Welsh and the details fit. The certificate states that Jeanie was 19 when she married so that al...

Re: Davies - Pembroke, Newport Posted on: 13 Jan 2004, by reginald davies

...at Keeping Stone ? I am working on the maritime history of Newport and have a searchable website of Welsh mariners at www.welshmariners.org.uk. I have all the Newport census, happy to help you. Reg

CHIDESTER, William E. (1846-1898) Posted on: 25 Dec 2004, by Joel Watne

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Douglas

Alexandria Post News, Alexandria, Douglas County, Minnesota Thursday, September 22, 1898, page 1, col. 7. DEATH CALLS W. E. CHIDESTER After a Week’s Illness He Suc- cumbs to Disease Monday Night, S...

Re: Lemon Family Posted on: 16 Nov 2001, by  mamaburk

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > York

...ch; Hannah mar Mr. Lawr?; Joseph 1804-1887 mar Mary Ann Baker 1812-1887, 6 ch; Mary 1809-1845 mar John Welsh 3 ch; Joshua 1810?-1885 mar Sarah Baker 5? ch; Catherain 1812-1880 mar Martin Baker 1809-1889 7 ...

Town of Birth -- Welsh Posted on: 26 Jan 2000, by Judy Mawhorter

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Saint Lawrence

I am trying to locate the town where my grandfather, Justin Ethelbert WELSH, was born. He was born June 1, 1876 somewhere in St. Lawrence Co., New York, the son of John WELSH and Sarah Lovina STARLING. Any help...

Edward GRIFFITHS Posted on: 19 Nov 1998, by Bailey Francis

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Schuylkill

...JAMES, were very good boys. They regularly attended Sunday School and church". (presumably the Welsh Baptist Church) "As there have 74 years elapsed since I left my former home to come to Wadesv...

Robert Taylor's parents. Posted on: 12 Dec 2000, by Joan Green

...parents were Henry Taylor and Janet Muir, who married August 3, 1800 in Falkirk. Robert, who married Mary Welsh on Feb 4, 1825 in Haggs, died there on July 12, 1872. He was baptised in Denny june 7, 1801. ...

Oscar C. Cole Posted on: 13 Jun 1999, by  charm328

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Fayette

...business in that line. His death occurred in 1864, and his wife died in 1876. She was of Scotch and Welsh descent. Our subject was reared in the rural districts of New York, in the traditional log schoolh...

Re: Evans Posted on: 28 Feb 2003, by David Jones

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Wales > Cardiganshire > General

...was sister to Rev. Edward Jones, Aberstwyth.; b.1771, d. 2 Nov 1842; Buried Maesmawr farm (1st Welsh person buried Genesee); Re-interred Salem Cemetery. Family home of Mrs. Ann Roderick and the Rod...

ADDY/DAVIS Posted on: 11 Mar 1999, by  Carolyn Davis

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Mills

...to Guernsey County, and I believe at one time part of it. We always believed this Davis family were Welsh Quakers, who at some time were in Pennsylvania, prior to Ohio. This may be a long-shot but I was wo...

ERROR - Re: Mary Ann Soper m. Napoleon Forsee, 1842 - Possibly W. Welsh 1867 Posted on: 06 Jan 2005, by Carol GRENNAN

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Randolph

The Mary Ann FORSEE who married Wm.WELSH was Mrs. Mary Ann MARLEN FORSEE ... the daughter of Edward Francis MARLEN..... here is the line..... Edward Francis MARLEN [BlackHawkWarSoldier] (b.20 Jul 1809-Cha...

Eliza Adeline Shetter Welsh Posted on: 13 Aug 2000, by Linda Hampton

Localities > North America > United States > States > Illinois > Counties > Sangamon

Seeking information on Eliza Adeline Shetter Welsh m. Hansen Welsh abt 1870+ in Sangamon County IL. Unable to find out anything about her and her husband, children. All help appreciated. Linda Hampton email: l...

Richard C. Evans & Margaret A. Hughes Posted on: 20 Jul 2002, by  cherievansken...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Franklin

...of her parents died within 10 years of moving to Ohio. She later married Richard C. Evans at a "Welsh" church in columbus on 17 Jan 1888. I am hopeing to be able to find their marriage certific...

per page