Search the Boards

Search Results for "Witley" - 191 Messages

per page

Wiley F Gatliff Posted on: 22 Apr 1999, by Ken Robbins

Surnames > Gatliff

...Michigan may have went back home to Stephenson Co ILL or maybe Chicago or St Louis also had family in Witley Co Ky family story is he went to Alaska with brother thomas to look for gold any information will...

2nd world war. Posted on: 04 Apr 1999, by Edwin Bain

Surnames > Bain

...that can help my mother find out if Ed Bain survived the 2nd world war. Last heard from in England, Witley Camp, 1942. R egiment was the Canadian Seaforth Highlanders. He was a sergent in 1942. Carol

TIP #287 - 9th KY INFANTRY REGIMENT - COMPANIES D, E & F Posted on: 13 Apr 2000, by Sandi Gorin

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Sandi Gorin's Kentucky Research Tips

Company D: Captain: Harling, Lafayette Lieutenants: Chitwood, Pleasant; Goad, James; Gregory, William M.; Leggitt, Algernon S.; Morrow, William H.; Whitley, Wiley A. Sergeants: Hays, Jasper; Jones, Sa...

Andrew Duer Posted on: 01 May 2000, by  edgarduer

Surnames > Duer

...sheets or the like. If you can send me descendants of Andrew I'll give you what I have on his parents. Ed Witley; 1809 Hill st Santa Monica, CA. 90405-5017.

Re: HINE, Newell Posted on: 15 Jun 2000, by MICHAEL ROBERT HINE

Surnames > Hine

IN 1852 MY GREAT GREAT GRANDFATHER CHANGED OUR LAST NAME FROM HINES TO HINE INJEFFERSON TOWNSHIP OF WITLEY COUNT,INDIANA. HIS NAME WAS MICHAEL HINES-HINE.I DON'T KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP BUT IT EXPLAYNES WHER...

Bollinger/Bolinger of S. Witley,IN Posted on: 07 Nov 2000, by  rervi

Surnames > Bollinger

I am looking for any information on the Bollinger/Bolinger's of S. Witley,IN My great grandfather was Charles Bollinger/Bolinger to of been of S. Witley Please email me direct. Have a great day

Legg family in Surrey Posted on: 12 Jan 2001, by Bronwyn Mitchell

Surnames > Legg

...further than 1810, but I only have a christening date and place. One was christened on 19 April 1762 in Witley, which is very close to Elstead. The other was christened sometime in 1766 (a brother), but I d...

FARR Posted on: 25 Jul 2001, by Bernard

Surnames > Farr

Julie. - My mothers family were Farrs and all came, for a number of generations, from the Witley, Surrey, England area. If any of your records show any connection to the Surrey area I would be extremely pl...

Farr's from U.K. Posted on: 25 Jul 2001, by Bernard

Surnames > Farr

I am currently seeking information on the FARR family which my records show as having generated from Witley in Surrey. I have also been seeking the NAISH family who emigrated to Australia in the early 1900'...

Re: FARR Posted on: 02 Aug 2001, by Bernard

Surnames > Farr

Excellent, I have a response in relation to the FARR family from Witley, Surrey. My new contact, ROSLYN ANN BENNETTS also has a family tree which goes back five generations to GEORGE FARR (b.1794) and HANN...

Re: Farr's from England Posted on: 14 Aug 2001, by Bernard

Surnames > Farr

I have a family tree which goes back to 1733. The FARR side of my family go back to Witley in Surrey, England when a William FARR married an Ann Lee. I have also managed to find an extensive connection of ...

Hardy's from Surrey, England Posted on: 30 Dec 2001, by  lindahardy11

Surnames > Hardy

Seeking any information about any Hardy's from Haslemere, Witley, Thursley, Milford or surrounding area of Surrey in England

RE: Reply to Sheila Posted on: 19 Jan 2002, by  DonGeorge_E

Surnames > Bickford

...interested in the history of them and when they left the shores of England. Our family history goes back to Witley near Godalming, Surrey and the back to Elstead, Surrey in 1688 Our family moved to New Zea...

Tracing BAWDEN & WOTLEY/WITLEY/WATLEY Posted on: 28 Jan 2002, by Dorothy E. Morris

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Somerset > General

...wife- Elizabeth - age 57 son- Edwin - age 20 daug.- Jane - age 19 (? Did Jane marry John WOTLEY/WATLEY/WITLEY ? WATLEY/WITLEY,WOTLEY,Henry -age 52, - occup.-Mason wife - Elizabeth age 51 son- Henry age 20 son ...

Boxall/Elliott Family Tree Posted on: 11 Mar 2002, by  gjth76

Surnames > Boxall

...lived in the Farncombe area and after marrying Albert William Charles Elliott, born 6 Aug 1884 in Witley, Surrey, the son of Albert Elliot and Annie, formally Elliott, she bore him,four children, Margaret...

Richard Rogers Posted on: 07 Apr 2002, by Dorothy Plummer

Localities > North America > United States > States > New York > Counties > Orange

...of my ancestor who emigrated to the US from Great Britain. He was Richard Rogers born 1866 at Little Witley, Worcestershire England. I know he returned to England for a visit or visits and I have located ...

Ravenhills from Herefordshire & Worcestershire Posted on: 29 Jul 2002, by  hatrick1

Surnames > Ravenhill

My ancestors came from Tynemouth, Little Witley in Worcestershire-around 1851, prior to that Bockleton, Stockton on Teme, Kimbolton-1593-1639, and prior to that Woolhope in Herefordshire-back to 1534. If ...

Re: Bonners in Tasmania, Australia Posted on: 13 Oct 2002, by  thehewitts

Surnames > Bonner

...GEORGE BONNER who was a brother to your Edward William BONNER. The BONNER family came to Tasmania from Witley, Surrey, England. Hope this is of some interest to you. Yvonne.

Re: Joseph Hands Family in England and Australia Posted on: 05 May 2003, by  alacrityrose

Surnames > Hands

Not so far. All I know so far is that Joseph was born in Wisley or Witley, Surrey; his father was named William and was a paper maker. Joseph listed "tailor" as his occupation on his marriage lice...

George Norman Sgt. Durham Light Infantry 1916 Posted on: 17 Jul 2003, by Brian Taylor

Surnames > Norman

...Godalming, Surrey around 1916, when George was called to train recruits at Rodborough Hill Barracks, Witley, Godalming. I have no further information than this. He was a sgt in Durham Light Infantry between...

Re: Skeldon Posted on: 07 Oct 2003, by  GRAHAM9THOMAS...

Surnames > Skelding

...Ann]. Another three children were born to a George Skelding & Ann Hill:- Sarah c.17-01-1796 @ Great Witley, Worcs. William c.13-03-1798 @ Rock. ...

Fortiscue, Nicholas of Weethley / Witley ?, War., England Posted on: 12 Oct 2003, by Shirley

Surnames > Adair

Would there be more on FORTISCUE Nicholas of Weethley / Witley Manor, War., England at http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/WAR/west/war-f.html

LEWER Wm. marr. Mary KEEN abt 1780 - Dunsfold/Witley/Godalming Surrey Posted on: 29 Jan 2004, by Wendy Ford

Surnames > Lewer

...- Looking for marriage of Wm LEWER to Mary KEEN abt 1780 at Dunsfold (birth place of Wm Lewer) or at Witley & Godalming Surrey where children were christened. wendyaford@hotmail.com

Legg family Elstead Surrey Posted on: 01 Mar 2004, by  nobodys_fool3

Surnames > Legg

Heya, to anyone looking for Legg family in Elstead. George Legg d 1800 married Ann Smith d. 1794 in witley on 21.04.1757. The marriage was witnessed by John Legg. They had the following children George Le...

Re: looking for William Legg from Elstead England Posted on: 01 Mar 2004, by  nobodys_fool3

Surnames > Legg

Heya, to anyone looking for Legg family in Elstead. George Legg d 1800 married Ann Smith d. 1794 in witley on 21.04.1757. The marriage was witnessed by John Legg. They had the following children George L...

Oath of Supremacy & Allegiance of Thomas ROPER on 20 AUG 1623 Posted on: 22 May 2004, by  waroper

Surnames > Roper

...Conquest in bedfordshire gent. ... Robert Constable of North Allerton in Yorkshire gent ... John West of Witley in Surrey, husbandman ... Alexander Gill of Malden in Bedfordshire ... Richard Crouch of Howto...

Re: Knight family of MD Posted on: 15 Dec 2004, by  rjb1934

Surnames > Knight

What date range are we talking about. I have a Henry Knight (Sr) 1791 from Md. based on an 1882 Witley/Noble Co., In. history by Goodspeed & Blanchard. I'm still working on this line.

Re: WELLAND SURNAME RESEARCH Posted on: 26 Feb 2005, by  rodwelland

Surnames > Welland

...some research on the family in 1936-7 was passed on to me. Some of this suggested a link to Wellands in Witley, Surrey, just up the road from Brook. I did visit Witley and Brook. I met a gentleman named Roger Wel...

Re: Calling all Gatfords Posted on: 20 Mar 2005, by Larry Lawrence

Surnames > Gatford

...the throne. You'll find George Galford in the 1891 census and George Gasford in 1901, both living in Witley - the census transcriptions have some trouble with unfamiliar names and Gatford can also turn up ...

Farr's from witley Surrey England Posted on: 21 Mar 2005, by  terryfarr42

Surnames > Farr

...-BMD plus many more they have just disappeared. They are the parents of my great grandad JOHN FARR born WITLEY SURREY 26 07 1829 who married EMMA HALL 12 10 1850 at MILFORD SURREY

Re: Calling all Gatfords Posted on: 22 Mar 2005, by George Frampton

Surnames > Gatford

...granddaughter of George Gatford (viz my mother-in-law) on Friday, and hope to take time out by visiting Witley church in case anything useful might turn up. I have managed to identify all the children of Ge...

Re: Farr's from witley Surrey England Posted on: 22 Mar 2005, by  terryfarr42

Surnames > Farr

...EASHING.My greatgrandparents were JOHN FARR & EMMA HALL from GODALMING. JOHN was christened 26-07-1829 WITLEY.His parents are listed as GEORGE FARR & HARRIET. It's all a bit hazy after this so i hop...

Re: Farr's from U.K. Posted on: 25 Mar 2005, by  terryfarr42

Surnames > Farr

are you still interested in FARR,S from WITLEY. my ancestors all come from that area of SURREY

witley farrs Posted on: 23 Jun 2005, by  TERRYCARDEN5

Surnames > Farr

...JANE AUSLETT bc.1764 married JOHN BLACKMAN. the blackmans are from elstead,sy which is 3 miles from witley.other family names are osborn and lovering. has any one have eliza in their tree. best rega...

Re: witley farrs Posted on: 25 Jun 2005, by Terry Farr

Surnames > Farr

...William & mother was Hester. I have no record of who she married. Elizabeths brother William moved to Witley c1750 where he married Ann Lee. All my ancestors have lived and died in the Milford area sin...

Re: FARR'S FROM ENGLAND Posted on: 01 Jul 2005, by  MaureenONeill...

Surnames > Farr

...FARR connection namely James NASH b abt 1812 Chiddingfold Surrey England married Mary FARR b abt 1808 Witley Surrey England. They married 1858 in Witley Surrey England

BILLINGHURST, Elizabeth (nee PULLEN) death, Witley, Surrey, 1859 Posted on: 26 Jul 2005, by  AndrewBilling...

Surnames > Billinghurst

Registration District Hambledon 1859 Death in the Sub-District Witley in the County of Surrey No. 370 When and where died Sixteenth March 1859 Moushill Witley Name Elizabeth Billinghurst Sex Female Age 92...

BILLINGHURST, Richard, death, Witley, Surrey, 1849 Posted on: 26 Jul 2005, by  AndrewBilling...

Surnames > Billinghurst

No. 195 When and where died Twentieth February 1849 Witley Name and Surname Richard Billinghurst Sex Male Age 88 years Occupation Independent Cause of death Old Age, not certified Signature, descrip...

Re: FARR Posted on: 05 Oct 2005, by  MaureenONeill...

Surnames > Farr

...from the connection of the FARR family connection to Australia from the late 1800's which goes back to Witley in Surrey, England when a William FARR married an Ann Lee AND further when William Jr m Hester ...

Billinghurst burials in the parish of Witley, Surrey Posted on: 15 Oct 2005, by  AndrewBilling...

Surnames > Billinghurst

1794 February 16th, Thomas Billinghurst, 59 Burials in the Parish of Witley in the County of Surrey in the Year ... 1814 No.25 William Billinghurst Moushill January 12th Infant JF Chandler Curate 1814 No...

(more) Billinghurst burials in the parish of Witley, Surrey Posted on: 15 Oct 2005, by  AndrewBilling...

Surnames > Billinghurst

Burials in the Parish of Witley in the County of Surrey in the Year ... 1846 No.878 John Billinghurst Mousel April 13 55 John Chandler 1847 No.930 Richard Billinghurst Wheeler Street Oct 15 58 John Cha...

BILLINGHURST Ann (nee STILLMAN) probate 1818 Witley, Surrey Posted on: 22 Oct 2005, by  AndrewBilling...

Surnames > Billinghurst

The Manor of Witley in the County of Surrey 3rd April 1818 The Court Baron of Philip Barker Webb Esquire Lord of the Said Manor there held in and for the said Manor on Friday the third day of April in the ...

Re: Boxalls from Surrey Posted on: 18 May 2006, by  bobandnorma1

Surnames > Boxall

Anne Pease let me know if you find anything. I have a link to William Boxall b.1822 Witley Surrey. bob

Re: Lorentz Rieter>Lawrence, John, Stoffel, Catherine Posted on: 20 Jul 2006, by Melissa

Surnames > Reiter

My great great grandmother was a Susan Reider/Reiter/Rider born Jun 1822 and the daughter of Joseph and Maria Reider. Joseph was born in 1795 and lived in Lower Windsor Twp, York CO PA. I have not b...

Elizabeth Druce Knipe Posted on: 28 Sep 2006, by  dianelordbagn...

Surnames > Knipe

...Ca in 1870. Would anyone have any idea where she might be buried? Married to Mark Knipe b. 1828 Witley Oxfordshire. Lived in NH, Maine Ca. Daughter born 1854 probably in Maine or NH or CA Annie Jjane Kn...

SOPHIA GORDON BUSCH / HANDYSIDE Posted on: 09 Oct 2006, by  sarawizard

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Berwickshire > General

...adopted (between 1903 and 1908) by William S V and Kate C F Cullerne, whist at King Edwards School ,Witley. What happened to the other Handyside boys and their mother? From Sara, Great Grandaughter of Ala...

Re: 1871 CENSUS ,LAWRENCE FAMILY Posted on: 09 Oct 2006, by Mary Mc Phee

Topics > Census > United Kingdom > Census of United Kingdom 1871

...Hambledon March 1892.In the 1901 census it has Henry Lawrence born in Portsmouth around 1869 living in Witley ,Surrey. He died May 1941 in Wymondham , Norfolk.Thank you ever so much for your help . Mary

Alan Baird Cullerne / Handyside Posted on: 10 Oct 2006, by  sarawizard

Surnames > Cullerne

...adopted (between 1903 and 1908) by William S V and Kate C F Cullerne, whist at King Edwards School ,Witley. What happened to the other Handyside boys and their mother? From Sara, Great Grandaughter of Ala...

John & Thomas Berrow Posted on: 03 Jan 2000, by Suzanne Elliott

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Shropshire > General

...these places are very close to each other. Thomas' wife was called Harriet and she was born in Little Witley, Worcester in around 1836. James married Jane Morgan ...

Re: Bodenham, Posted on: 01 Oct 2001, by Linda

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Shropshire > General

...Scholar Alfred COOK 3 M Little Hereford, Hereford, England Rel: Grandson Harriet A. COOK 11 m F Gt Witley, Worcester, England Rel: Grandaughter

per page