Search the Boards

Search Results for "hoxworth" - 195 Messages

per page

Alexander Sewell family Posted on: 27 May 2006, by  dkw42

Localities > North America > United States > States > Washington > Counties > Jefferson

...alexender sewell born on 10-10-1827 in Ohio,died 6-28-1922 in Quilcene washington and married Elizabeth Hoxworth born 7-17-1827 in Bucks county,Pennysylvania and died 3-13-1906 in Duncombe,Iowa.Also William S...

Re: William Blum Family Posted on: 10 Aug 2001, by Theresa Graeve

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Shelby

I'm not sure if I am related or if I have any new information. I know my great grandmother was Catherine Blum, her father were Michael Blum, his father was Joseph Blum and his father was Benard Blum,...

Researching Samuel Hoxworth Family Posted on: 10 Nov 1999, by Hoxworth family

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Franklin

Franklin County, Ohio.....surname HOXWORTH Researching Samuel Hoxworth family.... hagen2@gfherald.infi.net L. Hagen, thanks

HOXWORTH Posted on: 07 Nov 1999, by L Hagen

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Taylor

Researching Hoxworth families in Taylor County, Iowa....1870-1900 census records show these families in Jackson township.....Samuel and Tabitha, Oliver and Nora, John and Jennie....any help appreciated!

Birthmother seeking son Posted on: 27 Sep 2001, by Brenda McCabe

Topics > Adoptions > Adoption Queries

My son you were born in 04-?-74 in youngstown Ohio your fathers name was David hoxworth and the agency was children services of mahoning county I know that your birth date or year can be changed I have been l...

GENERAL WINFIELD SCOTT HANCOCK Posted on: 02 Apr 2003, by  BeverlyGHarri...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Georgia > Unknown

...1886, New York City Buried in Norristown, Pennsylvania Father and Mother: Benjamin F. and Elizabeth (Hoxworth or Hawkesworth) Hancock also had a twin brother named: Hilary His grandfather John Hoxworth came to Mo...

Trumbull County Surnames Posted on: 05 Feb 2000, by Arlene Stevens

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Trumbull

...My grandmother is Vesta Mae (Totten)Carey DOB 11/14/1910 born in Gustavus,Ohio she is 1 of 5. Pearl Hoxworth was of German descent and born 6/4/1889 in Pennsylvannia, Barklay was born 8/24/1879 in Gustavus, O...

SCHOLER, John Posted on: 13 Feb 1999, by Eloine Chesnut

Localities > North America > United States > States > Indiana > Counties > Jay

John SCHOLER, a member of the Noble township advisory board, one of Jay county's wide- awake and progressive farmers and stockmen and proprietor of a well kept farm on rural mail route No. 6 out of Po...

Re: Christopher & Ann Oxworth Wells Posted on: 30 Oct 2003, by Shirley Thompson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Lackawanna

...Elizabeth???. She was born 1737 and Died June 18 1780 in Montgomery Co. PA. or Bucks CO. PA He married then Ann Hoxworth in 1780 ,daughter of John Hoxworth and Elizabeth Jenkins. She was born October 8, 1759 and die...

Re: Christopher & Ann Oxworth Wells Posted on: 18 Apr 2002, by Shirley

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Lackawanna

...Elizabeth???. She was born 1737 and Died June 18 1780 in Montgomery Co. PA. or Bucks CO. PA He married then Ann Hoxworth...

Re: Christopher & Ann Oxworth Wells Posted on: 09 Jan 2002, by stompson

...Elizabeth???. She was born 1737 and Died June 18 1780 in Montgomery Co. PA. or Bucks CO. PA He married then Ann Hoxworth in 1780 ,daughter of John Hoxworth and Elizabeth Jenkins. She was born October 8, 1759 and die...

Re: Peter & Mary Hawksworth Family Posted on: 18 Dec 2002, by ken lonewolf

...sandy, christopher and ann wells are my 4x great grandparents. ann's parents john hoxworth (hawksworth) and elizabeth jenkins are my 5x great grandparents. where was john born? and wh...

Peter & Mary Hawksworth Family Posted on: 05 Jul 2001, by  burtoss

Shirley, here's more: From Family History: Pennsylvania Genealogies #1 Genealogies of Pennsylvania Families, Genealogical Sketch of General W. S. Hancock About 1780, Peter Hawksworth and his wife, ...

Christopher & Ann Oxworth Wells Posted on: 05 Jul 2001, by  shirleythomps...

Yes this is our family we also descend from Christropher Wells and Ann Oxworth/Hoxworth/ Hawksworth thru their son Peter Wells. We would appreciate all if you have on Hawksworth/Jenkins also a way share our f...

Re: John / Hannah Jenkins & Family Posted on: 05 Jul 2001, by  burtoss

...Genealogies of Pennsylvania Families, Genealogical Sketch of General W. S. Hancock: "John Hawksworth (Hoxworth) married Elizabeth Jenkins, the second daughter and fourth (and youngest) child of Jenkin J...

Re: John / Hannah Jenkins & Family Posted on: 23 Jun 2001, by  shirleythomps...

...like to ask about the Jenkins family of PA. We have Elizabeth Jenkins b.c. early 1800's married John Hoxworth daughter b. 1838 daughter died indiana co. PA Family tradition says a Forebear of Elizabeth cam...

Margaret Frances Dodd Posted on: 22 Feb 2000, by Marian

Surnames > Dodd

...was Margaret Frances Dodd, Daughter of Madison Dodd of Cahutta, GA. Margaret married James Anderson Hoxworth and my grandfather, Burleigh Anderson Hoxworth was their son. Do any of these people sound familiar? Thank...

Higgins Posted on: 09 Oct 2000, by Arlene Stevens

Localities > North America > United States > States > Ohio > Counties > Trumbull

In response to your search on the Higgins in Trumbull County, I have family from the area and was just there in August. My family is from the Greene / Gustavus area. I was at Greenlawn Cemetary and th...

Hancock Family Posted on: 31 Aug 2004, by  rsaunders02

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Montgomery

My maternal GG Grandmother was Sarah Hoxworth, daughter of John and Rachel (Hancock) Hoxworth. She was born in Bucks county on Dec. 19th 1830. Her mother was the daughter of Benjamin and Elizabeth (Hoxworth) Hancock on Mont...

Francis Bell family Harrison/Jefferson Cty.OHio Posted on: 26 Feb 2000, by  Janet Bell

Surnames > Bell

...included: Thomas, Nancy, Elizabeth, Frances, John and Samuel. He remarried after Elizabeth's death to Ann Hoxworth and had Alexander and Robert. Have a lot of info on Frances's family am looking for the rest ...

Re: JENKINS family Posted on: 02 Jan 2004, by ken lonewolf

Localities > North America > United States > States > Pennsylvania > Counties > Montgomery

Hi my white cousin, My white 5x great grandparents are John Hoxworth and Elizabeth Jenkins. Their daughter, Ann Oxworth,b. 1759 married to Christopher Wells, b. 1732 (much older than her) are my 4x great ...

JENKINS family Posted on: 14 Mar 1999, by Karin Leigh (Rose) Jones

Seeking info on parents of Edward HOXWORTH (b. 22 Sept 1760 in Hatfield Twp., Montgomery County, PA). I show his parents as John HOXWORTH (b. 1723 in England - came to Montgomery County in 1728 with his parents) and ...

John Wells Posted on: 12 Dec 1999, by  lhaning

...linked to Montgomery Co. but his wife was Lydia Collier. His parents might be Christopher Wells and Ann Hoxworth. I have found his birthplace listed as both Maryland and PA. If any of these people are familia...

Zachariah CLOSEN Posted on: 14 Jun 2002, by  JamesStokes68

...carried him across the Delaware River but doesn't give their names. Zachariah's wife was Mary Hoxworth who died in 1837, she was the daughter of John and Elizabeth (Jenkins) Hoxworth. Some of Mary's family are...

Re: McKelvey (John) of Bellyemena, Posted on: 04 Sep 2002, by  robertdmckelv...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Antrim > General

...already available at ancestry.com. Some Major Surnames included are: McKelvey, Logan, Sheldon, Sondles, Hoxworth, Neville, Buckmaster, Croskey, Arnold, Jones, Lanning, Temple, Sarchet, Marlatt, Shilling, Low...

Re: John McKelvey Ancestry Posted on: 04 Sep 2002, by  robertdmckelv...

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > Antrim > General

Hi fellow researchers, Just updating my research. And checking in for any replies, or additions to posts from past research. sincerely, Robert D. McKelvey, Jr. I also added a picture of John McKel...

Alice Goucher m. James Morrison 31 Oct 1877 in PA Posted on: 17 Apr 2000, by  pollama

Surnames > Goucher

...Morrison, of Cranberry Township, Oil City, PA, and they had five children...Sybil who married into the Hoxworth Family; Frank; Claude; Harry; and my grandmother Cora Alice. James is of the Family of James Hum...

Re: DoughertyFamily in Ireland Posted on: 27 May 2002, by Nancy Ashbrook Hoxworth

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Ireland > General

...mid-1800's. Thank you! p.s. I'm curious about the Watkins name -- my husband has found some Watkins' in the Hoxworth info, but we don't think he's related to them. Do you have any Hoxworths in the Watkins lin...

Haines of Camden, N.J. Posted on: 02 Jun 1999, by Henrietta Jackson

Surnames > Haines

...children, Rachel, Aaron and Knight. Rachel was born in Camden in 1861 and, later, married Edward Benner Hoxworth. Edward and Rachel Hoxworth had five children, Maud (1881)(married Henry Carl Duff in Camden, 1900), He...

Hoxworth line Posted on: 04 May 2000, by Marian Sainato

Surnames > Hoxworth

Dear Jim, If you are able to see the Hoxworth family tree you will see that William was a very prominent name. Were you able to find the family on the 1870 census? The Hoxworths (Hawkesworths) came in to Amer...

Daniel/Daniels AL>MO Posted on: 09 Apr 2001, by  wondertracker

Surnames > Daniel

...(W.O. and Myrtle had one child, William True Daniels b. 1908 in Corning, MO. W. T. Daniels married Opal Hoxworth. These are my grandparents.) Mabel Alice Daniel b. 1881 Page Co, IA m. George Livingston Ge...

Hoxworths of Missouri Posted on: 03 May 2000, by Jim Hull

Surnames > Hoxworth

Hello Marian, I am researching the Hoxworths, namely JOHN HOXWORTH also anmed John William Paul Hoxworth's ancestors. He first appears in the 1880 MO census at age 14 living with William M. and Mary A. E. Es...

Daniel/Daniels line AL>MO Posted on: 09 Apr 2001, by  wondertracker

Surnames > Daniels

...(W.O. and Myrtle had one child, William True Daniels b. 1908 in Corning, MO. W. T. Daniels married Opal Hoxworth. These are my grandparents.) Mabel Alice Daniel b. 1881 Page Co, IA m. George Livingston Ge...

obit: Audra (Duvall) Hoxworth , 85, of Beaver Dam, KY Posted on: 23 Dec 2005, by  lynn1972_1

Surnames > Duvall

Audra Duvall Hoxworth, 85, of Beaver Dam died in Hartford, Ky. She was employed by John H. Barnes Insurance Agency. She was born to John Duvall and Lena Vanover Duvall. Survivors include her husband, of 57 y...

Re: John Wells, April 15, 1775-77 Posted on: 21 Oct 2001, by  OrinRWells

Surnames > Wells

>>I bounced around alot between Ancestry.com and Familysearch.com.<< You have to be VERY careful about using family information from either of these site and FamilyTreeMaker as well. The...

Re: John Wells, April 15, 1775-77 Posted on: 13 Nov 2003, by Shirley Thompson

Surnames > Wells

Re: WELLS / WELLES Brick Wall List Posted on: 22 Aug 2005, by John P. Wells

Surnames > Wells

...Indiana Co. PA. He married first Elizabeth (nee Williams) Strides. His second marriage was to Ann Hoxworth. He and Ann had 11 children. 3) John Wells I (1695-1748), died Chester Co. PA, married in ...

Newman Scarlett Posted on: 16 Aug 2000, by Vickie Scarlett

Surnames > Scarlett

...information from Jay Slagle. I too am a decendent of Abner. His son John Avery Scarlett and his wife,Sarah Hoxworth, had 6 children: Emma, Ester, Harry Denny, Anna, Gertrude and Jennie. Harry Scarlett and Cor...

Re: Marion Wells Posted on: 21 Oct 2001, by Jerry M. Wells

Surnames > Wells

...b.1737 d. June 18, 1780. Christopher it appears was also married to TWO women named Ann Oxworth and/or Hoxworth and/or Hawksworth. Between these three women Christopher had, I believe, 22 children, of which ...

John Wells, April 15, 1775-77 Posted on: 21 Oct 2001, by Jerry M. Wells

Surnames > Wells

...line. His father, Cristopher, it seems, had 2 wives- 1st- Elizabeth Williams (Strides) and 2nd- Ann Hoxworth. Both bearing Christopher children for years. And both having sons named John Wells. Whereas John's...

Re: John Wells, April 15, 1775-77 Posted on: 21 Oct 2001, by  OrinRWells

Surnames > Wells

I do not see a son named John for wife Ann (9 children) but I DO show a son John b: 15 Apr 1777 for his first wife Elizabeth (13 children). However, I do not have any wife or children for him. I als...

William Sanders Posted on: 30 Aug 2000, by  ediemjewell

Surnames > Sanders

...for 1772. He was listed as a German Speaking indentured Servant. William married Mariah(either Nim or Hoxworth). They had 12 children. I have several more William Sanders, but they are all in this line.

THomas and Agnes Patterson Bell decendants. Posted on: 04 Sep 2000, by  Janet Bell

Surnames > Bell

...married to Marry Thompson in 1718. Husband's line is of Frances, married to Elizabeth McCoy and Ann Hoxworth. They lived in Pa. and also Harrison COunty / Jefferson County. Ohio. Can email me atjbell@eohio....

obit - Charles Michael Goetzinger September 25, 1929 - April 8, 2006 Posted on: 24 Jan 2007, by  Marthann Kohl...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Shelby

Charlie M. Goetzinger - Age - 76 Charles Michael “Charlie” Goetzinger, the son of Joseph and Catherine (Blum) Goetzinger, was born on September 25, 1929 at Defiance, Iowa. He was baptized and confi...

W.S. Hancock Posted on: 18 Sep 2000, by Karin Stocking

Surnames > Hancock

...Norristown, Pennsylvania. His father's name was Benjamin Franklin Hancock and His mother was Elizabeth Hoxworth (Hancock) He had a twin, Hilary and another brother, John. I too wish I was related to him but h...

PEMBLETON, Ralph R. Posted on: 05 Mar 2007, by  tceigh

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Brant

...children, Glen Pembleton; Ralph R. Pembleton, Jr.; and Nellie Ann White; his sister Carmen [ Donald ] Hoxworth; brother, Sandford D. Pembleton [ Margaret ] Pembleton; step brothers and sisters, Carol [ Mauric...

Re: George Sentmans of Bucks/Mont. Counties, PA Posted on: 17 Oct 2007, by  tsentman

Surnames > Sentman

...Florence Moyer Sentman. Is this correct with what you have? There was a John L Santman, who married Mary Hoxworth. Their son William W. Sentman b 1850 d. 1887. This name (George W. Sentman) is curious as a...

Re: Christopher Wells born Scotland 1732 died 1813 Indiana Co., PA Posted on: 05 Dec 2007, by  SusanG1400

Surnames > Wells

Diana, Thank you very much for your posting of November 18th. Here is my extensive reply. Sincerely, Dane Bowen E-mail: Danebowen@aol.com Christopher and John Wells File at DAR Librar...

Re: Looking for descendants of John Wells of Walker Co., Tx Posted on: 08 Dec 2007, by  SusanG1400

Surnames > Wells

Joaaron96- Thank you very much for your posting. I am descended from Harrison Wells, a son of John Wells and Lydia Collier Wells. Harrison Wells was born in Arkansas Territory in 1823 and died in...

elizabeth hoxworth and henry lukens Posted on: 29 Mar 2008, by  carachristens...

Surnames > Hoxworth

I am researching the family of elizabeth hoxworth b.abt. 1807 her parents were peter and sarah(jenkins) hoxworth. She married henry lukens(son of parry and mary lukens) but (according to family legend) he was a drunk...

per page