Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "pelto" - 146 Messages

per page

PELTO Posted on: 09 Jan 2000, by  @@iabram@megs...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Otter Tail

...Evangelical Lutheran Church, Oulu, Wisconsin: Justin Kangas born 1880 Lapualla, Finland and Axel Felix Pelto born 1890 Oulu, Wisconsin, were confirmed in New York Mills, Minnesota. Looking for family of ...

PELTO Posted on: 09 Jan 2000, by  @@iabram@megs...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Otter Tail

...Oulu Evangelical Lutheran Church, Oulu, WI Justin Kangas born 1880 Lapualla, Finland and Axel Felix Pelto born 1890 Oulu, Wisconsin, were confirmed in New York Mills, Otter Tail, Minnesota. Looking for f...

Re: Finnish to English Translation Posted on: 01 Jul 2005, by  kkylakos

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Finland > General

...previously part of Ylitornio. Pello was then called Turtola between 1867-1949. The genetive of the word pelto (field) is the same as the towns which makes it hard to search for "Pello's history"...

Longtime Palo & St. louis County residents Posted on: 08 Jan 2000, by  VincentHeim

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > St > Louis

Seeking information about Aade PELTO (b.1886 Finland - d.1965 St. Louis County, Minnesota) and/or his spouse Telila LEHTINEN (b.1898 St. Louis County, Minnesota - d.1980 St. Louis County, Minnesota). They ...

Re: Beldo Information Posted on: 05 Dec 2002, by crimpila

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Unknown

The name Beldo could also have been spelled Bildo, Pelto or Pilto. It could of been Lap in origin.

Re: Beldo Information Posted on: 22 Apr 2002, by  AliciaKMarsha...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Unknown

I have been doing Finnish lookups for some years now.I found nothing on the Beldo spelling.Do you think it may have been Pelto? Alicia

LETA M. LATHAN Posted on: 07 Jun 2001, by  marysday

Localities > North America > United States > States > Oregon > Counties > Marion

...dancing and playing bridge. Survivors include her son, Morrie Martin of Reno, Nev.; daughters, Connie Pelto of Keizer and Joan Bynum of Santa Rosa, Calif.; brother, Virgil Baker of Beaverton; six grandchi...

Re: Beldo information Posted on: 29 Nov 2002, by  AliciaKMarsha...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Unknown

Hi ,I think your name was spelled Pelto in Finland.There are many Pelto names from Lapland.You would need to post the first emgrants names and dates. http://www.genealogia.fi/indexe.htm See Hiski records and Pa...

Obits lookup Posted on: 31 Jul 2000, by Trond Ballo

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Houghton

...She lived at 48127 Dearborn Heights CoopTowers at 16600 W. Outer Drive, Detroit. Her maiden name was Pelto, married to Warren Cole who died in his 60's. TIA, Trond Ballo, Norway.

Mae V. WRIGHT (1912 - 2002) Posted on: 15 Jan 2003, by  ShawanoGenWeb...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Wisconsin > Counties > Shawano

...passed away Friday, Feb. 22, 2002, at Hartford Care Center at age 89. She was born May 1, 1912, in Pelto, N.D., the daughter of Matt and Mary (nee Honkola) Perila. Mae was the 14th child of 17 children bo...

Re: Juntunen & Charles Families Posted on: 22 Aug 2004, by  Schmoupy

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Houghton

Thank you, are you a relative?

Juntunen & Charles Families Posted on: 17 Aug 2004, by  Schmoupy

I am trying to find information about my ancestors in the Atlantic Mine, Baltic, Painsdale area, the Juntunen & Charles families. I'm hoping someone may have heard of these families or can point ...

Re: Mrs. Wilhelmina Pyykkonen Posted on: 17 Aug 2004, by  Schmoupy

Listed in Wilhelmina's obituary are my ancestors Mrs. Peter Pelto of Baltimore, MD, Mrs. Charles Keranen of Alston. My grandfather was Ensio Juntunen, Ensio's father was Eino married to Wilhelmina Kilpon...

Mrs. Wilhelmina Pyykkonen Posted on: 02 Sep 1999, by Margaret Smith

...1936: The following out-of-town people attended the funeral of the late Mrs. W. Pyykkonen; Mrs. Peter Pelto of Baltimore, MD, Mr and Mrs. A. Raappana, Mr. and Mrs. Peter Hiltunen of Nisula, Mrs. Charles K...

Pelto obit Posted on: 23 Jul 2002, by  AliciaKMarsha...

Hi, I have an obit for Harold W. Pelto age 38 of Coburntown who passed away in Evart on March 12,1959.He was born in Franklin Mine and moved to Evart 6 years ago.WW 2 veteran. Surviving, 3 sisters, Mrs Joh...

Re: Have available these photos Lakeview Cemetery Calumet Posted on: 23 Oct 2006, by Michele

Regarding your Pelto, Margarey I think might belong to my family. depending on date, could be a daughter of Jacob Pelto and Margette Wuolukka, if she pass on in the sixties could be Margette herself. I know Mar...

Have available these photos Lakeview Cemetery Calumet Posted on: 22 Oct 2006, by  AliciaKMarsha...

...HAAKARI, ERIC URHO , JOSEPH NEIMI, CHARLES WIRTANEN, EMIL RAIHA, JOHN JUNTUNEN, JOHN KIUELA, WILHELMIINA PELTO, MARGAREY MAKI, JOEL KATISKO, ANNA TAXEL, GUSTAV LUND, JACOB HEIKKILA, LYDIA LUOMA, I. MR AND...

have photo- Norwegian Lutheran Choir 1922 taken Detroit Michigan Posted on: 14 Oct 2005, by  NellieDwyer23

Topics > Immigration and Emigration > United States > Norwegian immigrants

...ANDERSON, FJELDAHL, JORGENSEN, HOLMEN, MAHLE, HANSEN, KNIGHT, WINSJANSEN, MOHSNES, KROGH, NORDFJORD, HAUG, PELTO Will make copy if any of these people are your family.

Re: ADOPTED JANUARY 13,1963 EVANS OF JOLIET ILL Posted on: 06 Jun 2002, by Diane

Topics > Adoptions > United States > Illinois

Did you try Ann Pelto? She's an authority on the Vitch family. peltoann@aol.com

have available this list of photos from Lakeview cemetery Calumet Posted on: 22 Oct 2006, by  AliciaKMarsha...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Keweenaw

...HAAKARI, ERIC URHO , JOSEPH NEIMI, CHARLES WIRTANEN, EMIL RAIHA, JOHN JUNTUNEN, JOHN KIUELA, WILHELMIINA PELTO, MARGAREY MAKI, JOEL KATISKO, ANNA TAXEL, GUSTAV LUND, JACOB HEIKKILA, LYDIA LUOMA, I. MR AND...

Alice L. Pelto Posted on: 22 May 2003, by  ardispierce

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Kalamazoo

Mrs. Alice L. Pelto - 102 Wayland, Vicksburg, age 38, passed away at Borgess Hospital, December 25, 1971. Mrs. Pelto was born in Kalamazoo, June 7, 1933, daughter of Albert and Agnes Hill and had resided in th...

Re: Ruth Peltier/ V. Peltier Posted on: 03 Dec 2002, by  sharxxricutle...

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Macomb

These are just some of the RUTH PELTIERS that I'v found in Mich. Ruth PELTIER Birth Date: 19 Apr 1916 Death Date: 24 Oct 1997 Social Security Number: 363-18-4383 State or Territory Where Number Was ...

John Long Posted on: 14 Jul 2001, by  akygirl

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Wiley obituaries - scrapbook collection

...Daughters Medical Center in Ashland. A native of Roberts, Montana, he was a son of the late Otto and Hilma Pelto Long. He was preceded in death by a stepson, Henry White. Survivors are his wife, Jessie Gri...

Minnie R. "Bert" VALLIER Posted on: 24 Feb 2006, by  WHL44

Localities > North America > United States > States > Michigan > Counties > Kalamazoo

...daughter-in-law, Lynn Vallier. Special thanks to Borgess Visiting Nurse and Hospice Services, especially Linda Pelto and Kathy VanSickler. Funeral services for Mrs. Vallier will be at 3:00 p.m. on Saturday...

Peltonen-Peltola-Lammi-Lantela Posted on: 23 Jan 2000, by Mr V. Partanen

Surnames > Peltonen

...relatives changed their surname to Peltonen and I dont know their surname's original form but the begining Pelto- because it was the original surname of my grand-aunt's husband under which he left Finland ...

John Franklin Muir Posted on: 11 Jan 2003, by  ardispierce

...Muir. Surviving are his daughter, Helen (Jim) Snow, Sr. of Frostproof, FL; 5 grandchildren, John (Linda) Pelto, David (Linda) Pelto, Mardy (Jess) Tinney, Ralph Pelto, Katie Dinger; 7 great-grandchildren; 2 great-gre...

Michael McCrorey Posted on: 06 Apr 2002, by  ardispierce

Michael McCrorey - Passed away peacefully March 28, 2002 at his home with his family surrounding him. Michael was born July 28, 1948 in Kalamazoo, the son of Daniel and Betty (Jensen) McCrorey. He gra...

Harju family Posted on: 21 Mar 2000, by Elizabeth Longnecker

Localities > North America > United States > States > North Dakota > Counties > Nelson

...1922. When did she locate to Nelson County and who were her parents? Upon their marriage, they lived in Pelto. As a child I spent several summers visiting my mother's friends in Lakota, Brocket and Pelto, and...

Re: Nels Nelson from Norway ANYONE please? Posted on: 03 Nov 2005, by  KeithLawrence...

Surnames > Nelson

...from reading your query, I have a strong feeling that we might be related. Hulda "Edith" (Pelto) Nelson was a cousin of my grandmother Edna (Anderson) Simonsen. I am in the process of resear...

Nels Nelson from Norway ANYONE please? Posted on: 16 Mar 2004, by  MadelineSnive...

Surnames > Nelson

Requesting any information on Nels O. Nelson from Norway. Born around 1888. Married to Hulda Edith Pelto. It is a possiblity that Nels die in 1949 in Florida but I cannot confirm this.

Johan KOSKELA b1865 Finn. Sibs=Jacob,Lisa. 2ndwife:Hilma Borsbak Koskela & her kids=Hugo1908,Esther1909 Posted on: 04 Sep 2005, by Sheryl Tregellas

Surnames > Koskela

...Sarkkinen. Johan 1st wed to1886 Ida E.Hedman b.Fin, imm SD1882 Johan & Ida had 16kids in SD & Pelto ND. Ida Hedman Koskela d.1910 Brocket ND. Johan's parents= Joosef Koskela & Kaisa Sofia Iisak...

Re: Need help finding family tree Posted on: 10 Nov 2005, by  KeithLawrence...

Surnames > Kangas

Hi Brooke, I looked on his death certificate and both parents were unknown. His birthplace is listed as Michigan, he was born June 20, 1902. and he died on October 9, 1981 in Robbinsdale, He...

Re: Need help finding family tree Posted on: 09 Nov 2005, by  KeithLawrence...

Surnames > Kangas

Hi Brooke I have a Walter Waino Sandback in my family tree, he was married to wife #1 Flora Pelto, b. January 12, 1906 in Kingston, Minnesota and d. June 15, 1949 in Minneapolis, MN. Wife #2 Genevieve...

VOIT, David A. Posted on: 28 Apr 2000, by  Tobeck

Localities > North America > United States > States > Minnesota > Counties > Pine

...be held Saturday, April 22, 2000, 2:00 p.m. at St. John's Lutheran Church in Finlayson, with Rev. R. Pelto officiating. A reception and fellowship will follow at the Community Center in Finlayson. A time c...

Anna Pelto photo taken 1922 Detroit Posted on: 14 Oct 2005, by  NellieDwyer23

Surnames > Pelto

I have just found a photo at a garage sale of The Norwegian Lutheran Choir from 1922. It was taken by a company in Detroit Michigan, so I am assuming this choir was in the Detroit area of Michigan. ...

Jacob Pelto and Mararette Wuolukka Posted on: 26 Feb 2004, by  MicheleSilver...

Surnames > Pelto

Looking for information Jacob Pelto and Margarette Wuolukka. Jacob was a minner in Calumet area in early 1900s. They had 4 Children. William Martha Dorthy Julia please use this board or email me at Miche...

Spelling for Pelto Posted on: 13 Oct 2003, by  RichardPelto

Surnames > Pelto

Also try Poldo and Peldo. I searched on Ellis Island records for my Grandmother Elisabeth Pelto, and fould her under Peldo. With the soft P in Finnish, it ends up sounding like a B to Americans. I am lo...

Re: Peter and Bjornar Pelto - Descendants Posted on: 24 Aug 2004, by Barbara

Surnames > Pelto

Maria Keranen Pelto was my 1st cousin twice removed, our commom ancestor was my Great Great Grandfather Kalle Juntunen. Please email me if you would like to exchange information.

Re: Peter and Bjornar Pelto - Descendants Posted on: 07 Apr 2004, by Susan Diehl

Surnames > Pelto

...literally stumbled onto your webpage and was astounded to see my father's name. My father was Peter Paul Pelto. I am his daughter. I have one brother named after my uncle and father, Peter Bruce Pelto. I lo...

Re: Peter and Bjornar Pelto - Descendants Posted on: 10 Oct 2002, by sharon licari

Surnames > Pelto

MY grandfather was a Pelto in Ironbelt wis, and mined thoughout michigan and nw wis. Calumet has alot in the library and within the city,, Pelto is also Peltonen did they change the name,, Did you look also at ...

Peter and Bjornar Pelto - Descendants Posted on: 22 Jul 2001, by Pat Sprague

Surnames > Pelto

I am looking for any descendants of Peter and Bjornar Pelto. Peter emigrated from Vadsø, Norway in 1891 to Calumet, Michigan, USA. He brought wife Ida and son George. He was a miner in the copper mi...

Re: Joshua Pelto Posted on: 17 Jun 2004, by Chris Collins

Surnames > Pelto

Hello, My name is Chris Collins. I am the middle son of Debbie Pelto, Joshua is the oldest. I was doing a search on the internet on my family and this came up. This site doesnt give any information on wh...

Joshua Pelto Posted on: 29 Jan 2001, by Debbie

Surnames > Pelto

Looking for nephew Joshua Pelto, son of Marty Pelto. Last know living in Las Vegas. 21 years old.

Re: John Pelto Posted on: 30 Oct 2003, by Elysse

Surnames > Pelto

My John Pelto came from Finland to the upper pen. of Michigan and settled in marqueete to work in the iron mines. they droppped the "nen" (i believe that's whast they dropped) from the name in o...

Re: John Pelto Posted on: 30 Oct 2003, by Yvonne

Surnames > Pelto

I found out that the name was changed from PUUKKO to PELTO when they immigrated to the US.

Re: John Pelto Posted on: 30 Oct 2003, by Elysse

Surnames > Pelto

I'm related to john pelto!!

Re: John Pelto Posted on: 29 Oct 2002, by Yvonne

Surnames > Pelto

...PUUKKO and he was born June 7, 1871 in Suonenjoki, Finland. I have no idea why he changed their name to PELTO. My grandfather was born in Rauma in 1901 and then they came to America shortly after that. ...

Re: John Pelto Posted on: 29 Oct 2002, by robin

Surnames > Pelto

My great grandmother Aiti(Sara Gustava Aho Pelto) was from Kuiviniemi (a little north west in Finland). My greatgrandfather John Pelto was from someplace that starts with a T or an R, and is now a suburb of Hel...

Re: John Pelto Posted on: 15 Oct 2002, by Yvonne

Surnames > Pelto

I just received new info from a new found cousin in Finland. My John Pelto was original Juho PUUKKO of Suonenjoki. Do you know if you family came from that area? Yvonne

Re: John Pelto Posted on: 15 Oct 2002, by robin

Surnames > Pelto

My grandmother's people are from Finland, and are named Pelto. They were in Montana in the early 1900's. Good luck.

per page