Ancestry

Search the Boards

Search Results for "WAISANEN" - 107 Messages

per page

Towns in Norway Posted on: 19 May 2004, by Stephane Waisanen

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Norway > Unknown

Thank you for the information. I am understanding the system a little more with your explanations. It seems confusing at first because it is so different in the US. I will check out that web site ...

Re: Smalltown vs farm Posted on: 17 May 2004, by Stephane Waisanen

Hello, thank you for your response, but I am not sure what you are mentioning here. I have heard Degernes is a farm in Raakestad, and that Julsrud is a smaller farm on the larger one. That is what I...

Re: Julsrud Posted on: 11 May 2004, by Stephane Waisanen

Taryn, Thanks so much. I did not see the last part of the information you posted. What a great help you have all been. I thank you for your time to look up this information. The article mentions,...

Re: Julsrud Posted on: 11 May 2004, by Stephane Waisanen

You are so awesome!! Thank you so much. That is the right person. I had looked at the Ellis Island records, but I never thought to look at misspelled words "Tulsrud". I thought she came t...

Re: Towns in Norway Posted on: 10 May 2004, by Stephane Waisanen

I am outside of Denver, CO. I think there is LDS facility in Denver. I will look into the information that you sent me. It is a little confusing to me, all the Norwegian records. I am assume Swe...

Thank you so much for your time and assistance Harald. I really appreciate all the information that you have given me.

Thanks to all for your help. My grandfather (Mary would be his mother) did not know much of her life, and maybe there is a reason some things are not known. Since his death, almost a year ago, I fee...

That is so funny. Just after I sent that, I thought, I bet that means May 11, 1886. I am use to looking at it the other way. I have this feeling that she was from Rakkestad. I think this may be th...

HELLO, I think the first link you sent me, would be correct. She was known as Mary Annette Julsrud, but it could have been changed once she arrived in America. Her birth year is correct 1886, but th...

Re: Towns in Norway Posted on: 09 May 2004, by stephane waisanen

Hello, I have heard that sometimes they would use the name of a farm for their surname. My great-grandmother's name was Mary Julsrud. She was born in May 1886. I no nothing of her parents or if sh...

Waisanen Search Posted on: 22 Jan 2000, by  bwais_1000

Surnames > Waisanen

Dear Sir: I am married to Fred Waisanen's nephew.

Re: Ilmajoki, vaasa, oulu, vaasa tuomi kasarminkatu ! Posted on: 17 Oct 2006, by esther mcgreevy

Localities > Scandinavian and Baltic States > Finland > General

...family line. My family "surnames" of Vihanti, Oulu: Mylly & Myllyla, Leinonen, Halmet, Waisanen, Elgman, Kilpua (Kilpoa), Juntenen (Junttila), Mammi (Mammela), Ollila, Moisala, possibly Tuohim...

Re: Waisanen - Dollar Bay, Wisconsin Posted on: 15 Oct 2003, by  galelom_kalvc...

Hi, My name is Lisa Waisanen, and yes, that's the Carl Waisanen that lived in Dollar Bay, Michigan before he died. Melvin Waisanen, who posted the above message, is my father, and Carl was my grandfather. - Lisa

Re: Waisanen - Dollar Bay, Wisconsin Posted on: 20 Feb 2002, by Barb

My mistake, it is Dollar Bay MIchigan where my husbands Uncle Carl Waisanen lived.

Waisanen - Dollar Bay, Wisconsin Posted on: 13 Aug 2001, by Michele

Are you sure Wisconsin ? I know for a fact there is a Dollar Bay, Michigan (Upper Peninsula)

per page