Search the Boards

Search Results for "Ewens" - 275 Messages

per page

Cameron's in Lambton Co. Posted on: 08 Nov 1998, by  alveley3241

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Lambton

...b 1812(County Cork, Ireland) d 1894??, possibly in Gore of Chatham?? Bridget was the housekeeper of Ewen's parents. Supposedly the family did not want the marriage to take place(age difference??)and Ewen ne...

REBECCA MYERS Posted on: 30 Sep 1998, by Judith Hughes

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Wolfe

...July 1st 1896 in Powell Co., Ky. 2nd marriage for both REBECCA born in Wolfe Co., Ky. married at HOUGH EWEN'S home in Powell Co., Ky. Does anyone know of a REBECCA that married a MYERS? Any help would be g...

Thomas Blake Posted on: 10 Dec 1998, by Jane Johnson

Localities > Oceania > Australia > Victoria > General

...one, she was my nan. Maude marrd Arthur (Ewen) Creed in Melbourne, Victoria and had one child, June. Ewen's father was Harry Creed he marrd Caroline Jane Wedd, she died and he remarried. All have links...

Surname varient - COOL - KUHL Posted on: 08 Jan 1999, by Shirley Sampson

Surnames > Kuehl

...case of the German "KUHL", it refers to a lake, pond, pool or quiet deep water. From Cecil Ewen's: "History of Surnames of the British Isles" c. 1968, p.24, re: Dutchmen in Essex...stat...

Any siblings Posted on: 28 Oct 1999, by Sherrilynn Theiss

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Inverness-shire > General

...looking for the siblings of Ewen MacLellan b. 1802 South Uist m. Jane MacLean. Also looking for info on Ewen's father Donald d. 1855 m. Margaret Ferguson. If you have anything please email me

MacLellans from South Uist Posted on: 28 Oct 1999, by Sherrilynn Theiss

...Uist m. to Jane MacLean had 9 kids one was Archibald my gg grandfather. I'm also looking for info on Ewen's parents Donald and Margaret Ferguson, I know Donald died in 1855 but that's all. I'd appreciate an...

Catherine Barron's parents Posted on: 03 Feb 2000, by Misty Sticher

Surnames > Barron

I believe that Catherine was born in Essex, England in 1672. Her faather was Andrew Barron, born in 1617. Her mother was Mary Ewens, born in 1641.

EWENS Posted on: 21 Feb 2000, by Jenny Humphries

Surnames > Pollett

Researching Mann/Caunter family tree Trying to find descendants of Doris Hayden Ewens last known in Thorpe Bay Essex in the 1970's. Known to the Mann family as Cousin Doris

Ewens, Bridport, Dorset Posted on: 30 Jun 2000, by  PBenyon2

Surnames > Ewens

Hi If you have any EWENS family from South Wales or Bridport, Dorset would love to exchange names Paul Portland, Dorset

Messages 115 - 116 Posted on: 13 Aug 2000, by Mary Anne Heitmeyer

Surnames > Talbott

...son of (1)Richard Talbott and Elizabeth Ewen. Am in process of tracing father of Richard. Elizabeth Ewen's father was Major Richard Ewen B.Abt 1609 England D.Abt 1659 Anne Arundel Co., Md. Married Sophia S...

Catherine, Andrew, Robert Barron Posted on: 27 Aug 2000, by  AGreen7119

Surnames > Barron

...thomas camp the first. her father was Andrew Barron b. 1617 London Eng. d. James city va. he married Mary Ewens. b, 1641 Kent Ireland and d. james city va. his father was Robert Barron b. 1595 Eng. d. Jame...

John P. Ostrander Posted on: 05 Sep 2000, by  teriwhite60

Surnames > Ostrander

...RDC Kingston Ulster Co. NY All the way to here I got from the Big Book John P. info I got from Port Ewen's town historian. -------------------------------------- John P. born April 1803 Esopus christen 20 A...

William H. Coon Posted on: 29 Oct 2000, by  lochbrady

Surnames > Coon

Seeking information on the family of William Henry Coon and wife, Sarah Ann Ewens, of Centralia, Mo. Daughter, Mary Susan Coon, b. 28 May 1858, d. 16 Oct. 1943 in Ohio. Married to Theodore Rett.

Ewens Posted on: 11 Jan 2001, by catherine sturk

Surnames > Ewens

My Dad(Alan Sturk)'s, Mum (my grandmum) was Phyllis mary Violet Ewens. married Johnathon Leslie Sturk. None are living.

John N. Williams 1842-1924 - Nancy Coleman 1846-1917 Posted on: 03 Feb 2001, by Patricia

Surnames > Williams

...nancy, bessie, james, grierson, lilly, ewen james is my great grandfather, and I have contacts from ewen's first and second family I would love to chat with anyone else that can trace through/to this tree. ...

MARGARET HARLEY Burks KY ca 1860 Posted on: 12 Apr 2001, by  JudieMeador

Surnames > Harley

...death certificate lists Margaret Harley as his mom. Another record lists the death of one of hers and Ewen's child and says her name was Margaret Cummings. Ewen's first wife was Theresa Cummings. Was Margaret her...

William J. Mc Ewen in Stonewall TX. Posted on: 19 May 2001, by  nowens

Surnames > McEwen

...and I have some knowlege of family after that I need information prior to 1900. Who were William J. Mc Ewen's father and mother? The 1900 census reports they were from Tn.

Beckett BOWDEN Posted on: 11 Jun 2001, by Mary BOWDEN Lynch

Surnames > Bowden

To Margery Ewens. I haven't come across any William BOWDEN in my searching. My Polly was a sister to Beckett BOWDEN and Hilda was her daughter. Last name was SHAW.

Re: Still looking for Families Posted on: 25 Jul 2001, by Janice Vittitoe Anderson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Iowa > Counties > Harrison

...at a brick wall on my James Ewing (Ewen) born 1798 in Va. I can not connect him to any other early Ewens in KY. He married Sarah Stone born 1813 SC. They had their first son in TN. I believe he was mar...

Re: John D. Vittitoe Posted on: 29 Jul 2001, by Harrel;l Dean Duncan

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Butler

...What are the names of the children in your John D. Vittitoe family. Do you know of any Duncan's or Ewens that lived in Hardin County around 1840?

Re: Eoghan MacVicar Neil MacLean Posted on: 19 Aug 2001, by  JBMacA

...database of Ewen and his 5 children, all of whom emigrated to CB. Unfortunately I cannot advise the name of Ewen's wife nor the names of his forebears. I can however provide information on each of his child...

Daum - Theodore, Maria, Emma, George, John, Henry, Josephina Posted on: 10 Oct 2001, by Susan Padukov

Surnames > Daum

Theodore Daum, b. Jan. 1839, emigrated from Prussia 1853, married to Maria/Mary Ewens Children (all born in Milwaukee): Emma, b. 5/16/1868; George, b. 1870; Theodore, b. 1883; Josephina, born Oct. 1875; J...

Maria Ewens Daum Posted on: 28 Nov 2001, by  SPadukov

Surnames > Ewens

Maria Ewens, born 1847, married to Theodore Daum. Emigrated to Milwaukee from Prussia. Children: Emma, George, Theodore, Josephina, John, and Henry. Any information would be apprediated. Susan Padukov

Re: Richard Talbott-Elizabeth Ewen Posted on: 03 Dec 2001, by Howard Griffin

Surnames > Talbott

...descendant of Richard? I will be glad to send you a rundown, if I can connect you. We can get into the Ewens, Richardsons, etc. later. Howard.

Re: Cheneys in Callaway County - 1900 Posted on: 30 May 2002, by Wayne E. Johnson

Localities > North America > United States > States > Missouri > Counties > Callaway

...#261B, as my Irvine, Chappell, Reynolds, Oliver relatives. The cemetery was recorded in 1985 by Al Ewens and S. Turner Lawson and is as follows: Chaney, IPA., Infant Son of P.G. & Eliza., b. 3 Aug...

Re: Ewens, Bridport, Dorset Posted on: 13 Jun 2002, by Priscilla Ewens

Surnames > Ewens

I am a Ewens and the only thing I know about my grandfather is that he was born in Devon and his name was Francis Charles Ewens. He (don't know year) left England and went to live in Honduras where he died. H...

Re: Alexander Neish Weir and Magdaline Wilke Posted on: 23 Jun 2002, by Isobel Colliar

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland > Angus (Forfarshire) > General

Dear Jan, The Igi lists an Alexander Neish Weir born 5th August 1871 in Dunnichen, Angus to William Weir and Levena Allan, who married in 1866 in Dunnichen. This is the 1881 census entry for the fam...

Transportation of ROPERs Into Maryland Posted on: 30 Jun 2002, by William A. Roper, Jr.

Surnames > Roper

...several errors in the abstract. From Liber ABH Folio No. 174 (SR 7344): "20 Oct 1650 Mr. Richard Ewens Demandeth six hundred Acres of Land within this province as due to him by Vertue of his Lordsh...

ewen and maria williams cameron, elgin county Posted on: 10 Aug 2002, by gloria young

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Elgin

...b:1836, d:1919 dau of Thomas Williams and Mary Nash of St. Thomas. They were married 1859 in Port Stanley. Ewen's parents were Ewen Sr and Ellen Cameron, natives of Ft. William, Scotland, buried in Brayne C...

RE: Reinald Hewins UK Posted on: 22 Oct 2002, by  sjfreestone

Surnames > Hewins

Desperatly seeking the birth of Reinald/Reynald Hewins born abt 1660 possibly Kent in the UK. He married Anne Wilkins about 1690 in Kent possibly Tudley Capel before moving to Brenchley in Kent where ...

EWENS, Wm. & BROWN , Emma Helena Posted on: 31 Dec 2002, by  borderguy

Surnames > Ewens

...would like to obtain more information about the people in the following descendant tree: 1 William Ewens b: 1859 in Ontario, Canada . +Emma Helena Brown b: 1855 ........ 2 William Sydney Ewens .....

BROWN, Emma Helena & EWENS, William Posted on: 31 Dec 2002, by  borderguy

Surnames > Brown

...would like to obtain more information about the people in the following descendant tree: 1 William Ewens b: 1859 in Ontario, Canada . +Emma Helena Brown b: 1855 ........ 2 William Sydney Ewens .....

Re: Maria Ewens Daum Posted on: 01 Feb 2003, by chris rose

Surnames > Ewens

I am also looking for more Ewens. My second great grandfather was named Ewens. Lived north of Milwaukee. Do you know the parents of Maria. Was she married when she came to the united states Chris

OBIT: MERCER, WILLIAM "BILL" JR. Posted on: 14 Feb 2003, by  65bjd

Localities > North America > United States > States > California > Counties > Kern

...Fred Astle II of Bakersfield. He is survived by lovings listers and brother-in-law Susan and Garry Ewens of Bakersfield and Cindy and Richard Buckles of Randsburg, aunts Darlene Oldenettel of Pratt, Kan.,...

Mary Mc Milllan and Alexander Mc Donald/ MacDonnell ex Kilmonivaig, Glengarry, Inverness Posted on: 24 May 2003, by  parfitt13

...couple in their family tree . They nust have married in 1770's or 1780's. They are my GGGrandfather Ewen's parents. They were Roman Catholic and Alexander was a crofter. Any help gratefully received. Their ...

Etherton's in Sussex, England Posted on: 04 Jun 2003, by  Sarah Louise ...

Surnames > Etherton

...James Lane * Emma b1817 * Charles b1820, married Prisclla Davies, 6 children * Kitty b1822, married Amos Ewens, 3 children * Benjamin Etherton b1826, married Harriett Brassfield, 6 children. Any help appr...

Bertha Medina Martinez Posted on: 12 Jun 2003, by  NMFireHorse

Surnames > Medina

...Barbara all of Peñasco, Rose Diaz and husband Chris of California and Lydia Collins and husband Mike Ewens of Bellflower, Calif.; niece, Theresa Griego and husband Benito of Albuquerque; 10 grandchild...

Re: Hall,Cook Posted on: 19 Jun 2003, by  SonnyVaughn44

Localities > North America > United States > States > Kentucky > Counties > Letcher

...were Jacob Cook and Francis Lena Hale. According to Auntie Jacob had brothers named Lewis, John and Ewens. From census records we knew that Jacob and Francis were both born in Virginia, and we assumed that...

Re: Macdonalds of Kilmonivaig Posted on: 07 Jul 2003, by  parfitt13

Surnames > MacDonald

...who would be born first. Ewen died in 1862 at 82. Seemingly they were also called MacDonnell. Funnily Ewen's wife Ann [nee McDonell of Fort augustus, Boleskine} was also described as Mrs Ewen McDonald. What...

Re: William MacDonell, Glengarry Posted on: 12 Jul 2003, by  parfitt13

...from Glengarry i\Inverness who married Mary McMillan in 1780's or even 90's?.They were my gggrandfather Ewen's parents. Ewen later married Annie McDonell of Fort Augustus, Boleskine and called himself McDon...

Eliz. FLORIN grave in Pittsburgh Posted on: 04 Sep 2003, by not related

Surnames > Florin

Seen in the Highwood Cemetery, Pittsburgh, PA, Allegheny county: Elizabeth FLORIN EWENS, Oct 5, 1884-Oct 16, 1974 Harold Guy EWENS, Sr., Jul 2, 1886-Aug 13, 1955 Harold Guy EWENS, Jr., Nov 16, 1913-Jun 19, 1930 Joh...

Re: Ewens, Bridport, Dorset Posted on: 22 Oct 2003, by Craig Ewens

Surnames > Ewens

Hi I am VERY interested in the Ewens from Bridport as this is where my family orginated from. I would love to here more info Cheers Craig

Alexander McDonald [alias McIsaac] and Mary McMillan Kilmonivaig Posted on: 28 Oct 2003, by  JuliaP53

These were my gggrandfather Ewen's parents.Ewen died in Fort Augustus in 1862 at the ripe old age of 86 I know he had a sister Ann who married Angus McDonald of Bunoich. She died in December 1858 at 76 ....

Re: Jennings, Robert. Milverton, Somerset Posted on: 15 Nov 2003, by Richard

Localities > United Kingdom and Ireland > England > Somerset > General

...Walter 9m Milverton, Som. 32 STREET Mary Widow/er 59 Former Servant Tiverton, Devon. EWENS John Lodger 57 Cordwainer Milverton, Som. PEARSE Thomas Labourer Widow/e...

Macdonells of Livishie, Glen Moriston, Inverness-shire Posted on: 17 Nov 2003, by Ann Ward

...His wife was Isabella Grant. Which family was she from? My great grandfather, Patrick Macdonell was Ewen's eldest son. He emigrated to New Zealand in the 1880s. Both his sons died unmarried. I would like to...

Re: John Og Kennedy and Sally M(a)cGillis Posted on: 23 Nov 2003, by Tal MacDonald

Localities > North America > Canada > Ontario > Glengarry

James, In the same Father Ewen's papers I came across an obit that reads as follows: Mrs. Capt. Angus MacDonald died on June 23rd 1898 at Montreal in her 90th year. Her maiden name was Christina Kennedy d...

Re: Ewens, Bridport, Dorset Posted on: 07 Dec 2003, by Craig Ewens

Surnames > Ewens

Hi, I have lots of infoo on the Ewens and Biddlecomb families fronm Bridport. I belive this is where our family orginated from Cheers Craig

Franz Josef Ewens - seeking descendants Posted on: 08 Dec 2003, by  Robert_Arthur

Surnames > Ewens

Franz Josef Ewens was born about 1899; Cologne, Germany, was his native city. He had doctorates in both music and law. 1925-1945 he was a music critic in Berlin, where he worked for Scherl Publishers. He a...

Re: Joseph Stratton, Mary Thomas,Logan Co., OH. Posted on: 10 Feb 2004, by Chris

Surnames > Stratton

...Executors-Thomas James, John Gawood and son Jacob Stratton Signed Joseph Stratton Witnesses- Moris(mark)Ewens, Levi Antrim and Samuel Curl

Calling all to Gathering Posted on: 20 Mar 2004, by Lynn

Surnames > McEwen

To all Ewens/Eoghains in North America: We will not only rise again; we will rise above! There’s going to be a formative gathering of those Eoghains (Ewen, MacEwan, Ewing, McEwen, and all other descendan...

per page