This is taken from Biographical and Historical RECORD of Adams and Wells Counties, Indiana, published in 1887 by the Lewis Publishing Company, Chicago. page 450
JACOB COOK, general farmer, section 13, Wabash Townshiiip, is a native of Ohio, born in Wayne County, May 10, 1840, a son of John Cook. He was brought by his parents to Adams County, Indiana, where he was reared to manhood on the homestead farm in Wabash Township, where he now lives. He was a soldier in the war of the Rebellion, enlisting August 14, 1862, in Company I, Eighty-ninth Indiana Infantry, and was discharged at Mobile, Alabana, July 19, 1865. He was in active service with hs regiment except while in the hospital at Memphis, Tennessee. He was wounded while in the service, and was in hospital about six months, when he returned to his regiment, remaining with it until receiving his final discharge at the close of the war. He now draws a pension from the effects of his wounds. After the war he returned to his home in Wabash Township, and December 8, 1867, he was married to Miss Frances Abnet, a native of Pickaway county, Ohio, born November 8, 1843, a daughter of William and Maria (Miller) Abnet. Her father was born in Shenandoah County, Virginia, February 12, 1808, and her mother was a native of Maryland, born March 21, 1817. They were married in Franklin County, Ohio, March 5, 1840, and in 1845 came to Adams County, Indiana, setling in Jefferson Township. They afterward removed to section 1, Wabash Township, where they lived till their death, the father dying in 1853, and the mother in 1855. They were members of the Methodist Episcopal church. They had a family of six children, two sons and four daughters. To Mr. and Mrs. Cook have been born seven children, whose names are as follows -- Carrie M., John W., Rosa E., Mary E., Jesse L., Joseph M. and Jacob A. Mr. and Mrs. Cook are members of the Christian church. Mr Cook has eighty acres of valuable land where he resides, which he has brought under a high state of cultivation,and is classed among the respected men of his township.