Does anyone have an ancestor who was sent away/thrown out of the family home in England or have some unknown roots tied to British Guyana?
This is what I know so far:
- my grandfather was William Ainge born sometime in 1887
- apparently his father was a remittance man from England (kicked out of the family/pensioned off) and sent to British Guyana
- the father married (maybe?) a guyanese woman (black) and William was born
- William ended up in Manitoba Canada and married my grandmother in 1910
- Their children were:
Beatrice born 1911
David born 1912 (my father)
- William committed suicide in 1922
- I have no other names or dates or locations connected with this person
- I don't know if William had siblings
- I don't know what part of England from whence he came
I would appreciate any scrap of information you can spare.