Search for content in message boards

Samuel Alexander from Scotland

Replies: 9

Re: Samuel Alexander from Scotland

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 10:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear John,

I took some time to look at some old records and was indeed able to connect our trees together through the marriage of Samuel Alexander and Ann(e) Goldie. I was not aware that we had this other line to our family tree since it appears their marriage/time together was rather brief before Samuel moved to the US. Your GG Grandfather Samuel Alexander and my GG Grandfather Peter are brothers. I will look into what information I can find about Samuel and his family/extended family here. My grandmother's mother is Ida May Alexander, her father is Peter Alexander and Hellen (Ellen) Kennedy. Interesting that Hellen's gravesite in Michigan names her as Hellen/Ellen Goudie Kennedy. I am wondering, with the connection now to your Anne Goldie, if the Goudie is really Goldie, meaning there may be another link to our trees. Here is the link to the grave site information.

Ellen Goudie Kennedy Alexander
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=AL...;

Peter Alexander
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=28...

I will continue to see what information I can find on the US end. If you have any additional info to help our tree grow out further, let me know, as well! I will send you a link to my tree so you can stay connected to this branch of your Alexander family. I think I need your e-mail address to send the invite. If you like, you can share your tree with me and I can build my tree out further as well.

Your Cousin in California,
Lisa
cherrygarcia_ca@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
marinrice74 16 May 2011 3:15PM GMT 
1lmtg 28 Jun 2012 5:06AM GMT 
azsunshine66 28 Jun 2012 5:57AM GMT 
1lmtg 28 Jun 2012 6:37AM GMT 
marinrice74 29 Jun 2012 3:17AM GMT 
azsunshine66 29 Jun 2012 7:12AM GMT 
shadowfox60 29 Jun 2012 9:33PM GMT 
johnmitchell6 10 Dec 2012 12:36PM GMT 
1lmtg 11 Dec 2012 5:12PM GMT 
Cheska2013 28 Jul 2013 3:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions