Search for content in message boards

The Seven Alexander Brothers Theory

Replies: 15

Re: The Seven Alexander Brothers Theory

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 5:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Look up a researcher here named Helen Smith from Texas. She has done extensive work on the "famous" Alexander brothers and sisters. Rev. Alexander was a relative but not a father to any of them. She visited his grave in England and he and his wife Mary died childless. She, and other researchers think the 7 Alexanders were a combination of brothers and cousins and the 2 sisters. My line is descended from William, a brother of Rev. James Alexander. They came from Scotland [we were lowland Scots and did not wear kilts] We were more English. We went to North Ireland for the promise of farming land, and settled in County Raphahoe, County Donegal. My immediate ancestor was Francis Alexander, born 1654, in Ireland. Eventually the family moved to America and spread out in Md and Va and then pretty much all over the USA. My branch wound up in Philadelphia Pa. There were several members of the Masons in my family, I don't know about any other branches. I hope this helps, stay in touch
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
scorpioforu 26 Dec 2012 11:28PM GMT 
canyonwren_1 2 Jan 2013 7:58PM GMT 
IsabelleAlexa... 30 Dec 2012 5:18PM GMT 
IsabelleAlexa... 30 Dec 2012 5:18PM GMT 
IsabelleAlexa... 29 Jan 2013 12:34AM GMT 
IsabelleAlexa... 29 Jan 2013 12:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions