Search for content in message boards

Early Alexanders to Virginia

Replies: 2

Early Alexanders to Virginia

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 5:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Alexander, Revell, Knox, Scott, Smith, Edge, Burton, Parker, Bagwell
Information compiled from the 'Wills and Administrations of Accomac Co., Virginia 1663-1800', by Stratton Nottingham. Page numbers are referring to pages in this book:

ALEXANDER, James, will probated 1 Feb 1708. To sons John, Benjamin, Joseph, Stratton, Woolsey, Jacob and Samuel Burton, 100 ac. at Jengoteaue. Son-in-law (step son?) William Burton. Wife Ann, 1/2 of my new sloop now in Pungoteaghe and the other half to my kinsman Benjamin Clugston, but if he come not within 12 months to claim this gift I give the same to son, Stratton Burton. To son-in-law William Burton after the decease of his mother, my wife Ann. Wife Ann resid. legatee and Extr. Witt: Wm Custis, Francis Wharton, Delight Sheald. Pg 21.

ALEXANDER, Ann (nee Stratton) Burton, widow of William Burton (before she married James Alexander) will probated 4 Mar 1711/12. To sons Stratton, Thomas and William Burton. To my son, William's son, William. To son Thomas Burton's wife and 2 children, Thomas and Patience. To Ann Burton, dau. of my son Thomas. To son Benjamin Burton and to his son William, dau. Ann and son John. To my son Joseph and his son. To son Stratton's dau. Leeze. To son Benjamin's wife, Elizabeth. To son Woolsey Burton. To sons Jacob and Samuel Burton. Granddaughter Agnes Burton. Granddaughters Elizabeth and Ann Revell. Son-in-law John Revell. (No will recorded in Accomac Co., VA for this John Revell, but John Revell's father, Edward Revell DID leave a will, page 182, naming him.) Granddaughters Rachel and Sarah Revell. Grandson Edward Revell. Son William Burton Extr. Witt: Wm Custis, Christopher Brooks, John Daggen. pg 560
First husband of Ann nee Stratton was William Burton whose will was probated on 18 Feb 1695 in Accomac Co., VA:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BURTON, William, 5 Jan 1695 - 18 Feb 1695:
To eldest son William, land on the seaboard side situate in Forked Neck near where I now live. To 3rd son Thomas Burton the South side of the said Forked Neck. To 6th son Stratton Burton land that I purchased of Co. John West &adj. the land given Thomas. To 2nd son John Burton 500 A. beig 1/2 of 1000 A. in Sussex County in the Territories of Pennsylvania granted me by patent called Long Neck. To 4th son Benjamin 600 A. near Assateag on the seaboard side of Somerset Co., Md. The other 1/2 of the 1000 A. in Sussex County was conveyed by me to Thomas Bagwell, of Accomack, dec. To 5th son Joseph Burton 387 1/2 A. on the North side of Indian River in Sussex Co., Pa. being 1/2 of 775 A. purchased of John Parker. To 7th son Woolsey Burton 387 A. being the other 1/2 of said tract.
To sons William, Thomas & Stratton my interest in Cedar Island in Accomac County. To 8th son Jacob Burton, 450 A. near Lewis Towne in Pennsylvania on Indian River, being part of 600 A. purchased of Thomas Jones & adj. the land given my son John- The other 150 A. was due William Bagwell of Accomack. To 9th son Samuel Burton 500 A. on the South side of Indian River. Wife Ann Burton. To dau. Agnes Revell. To grandchildren Frances, Elizabeth and Edward Revell. Wife Ann and son William, Extrs. Capt. William Custis, William Nock (Knox?) & son in law John Revell overseers in Accomack & John Hill of Lewis Towne, Pa. Witt: John Revell, Robert Scott, James Smith, Robert Edge. pg 26~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Children of William and Ann Burton, in birth order according to the specifics of the above will (1st nine are sons, 1 daughter): William, John, Thomas, Benjamin, Joseph, Stratton, Woolsey, Jacob, Samuel, Agnes (married John West).
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
scorpioforu 27 Dec 2012 12:04AM GMT 
scorpioforu 27 Dec 2012 12:13AM GMT 
scorpioforu 27 Dec 2012 12:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions