Search for content in message boards

Marie Josephe Ory - Frenchtown, Spencer Township, Harrison County, Indiana

Replies: 0

Posted: 1 Jan 2014 4:45PM GMT
Classification: Query

Hello,

I am trying to verify with (sources, book and page numbers, etc.) my Great-Great-Great Grandmother's death date, death place, and burial place. Her name was Marie Josephe (Ory) Pinaire. Please would anyone be able to give me a source for one of the dates I have found and list here? Marie's death dates and places that I have are 11 July 1862, Frenchtown, Spencer Township, Harrison County, Indiana and 11 July 1862, Georgetown, Floyd County, Indiana. Also, would anyone know for sure the date or range of dates and what county court Marie's probate occurred -- book and page numbers?

I have made progress in gathering sources via the internet but live far from Indiana and Harrison County records. Also, I have contacted Indiana State Library, but they are hesitant to look up records for copying without source page numbers. We have an LDS Branch Library but it is open very limited hours. I have purchased the "Pinaire Family History" Book by Waneta Shoup Mehaffey published in 2009 that is informative but I feel I need more sources cited that I can search for verification.

I see by previous posts to message boards and the book, there may be a Pinaire Bible owned by folks in Harrison County. Also, the Pinaire Book names a Frank Jones, of Nashville, Tennesse and a Frank Pinaire of Idaho as providers of information. Would anyone know, how or where, or who I might contact for more information to reach these folks? Perhaps, someone might suggest a researcher I might hire who lives in Corydon who would search courthouse and/or libraries in the area.

Thank you so very much for letting me ramble on and on. I truly do appreciate any help anyone may give me.

♡Shara - sharatree@charter.net

Posted to Surname Boards: Alexander, Colin, Collin, Horry, Muir, Murr, Ory, Pinaire, Troncin

Find a board about a specific topic