Search for content in message boards

Richard Allen Chester SC

Replies: 2

Re: Elijah Allen, Chester SC

Posted: 30 Jan 2013 12:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Cheryl,

You have done a remarkable job sorting out the Equity Case from Chester SC regarding distribution of the estate of Elijah Allen.

I am a descendant of Nancy Castles Hyatt (wife of James Hyatt), who is a daughter of Benjamin Castles and his wife, who is apparently one of Elijah Allen's daughters. I had pretty good documentation on Nancy's Castles (or Cassels) line, but I had not known of the Allen connection until I saw your documents. Those papers from the Chester courthouse prove the connection between the Allens and the Castles. I went through papers at that courthouse many years ago, but I had not found this one!

Now, as you have sorted this out, it appears correct that the Castles named in the case were indeed the descendants of a deceased daughter of Elijah Allen. You give her name as Francis Allen. Hoever, I could not find any refernce to this Francis Allen in the transcriptions you provided.

Can you tell me where you get the name of Francis, deceased daughter of Elijah, who is likely the mother of these Castles?

Any clarification will be appreciated. Congratulations on this important genealogical find. Now I know I have Allen ancestors in SC! If interested, you can see how I am connected to the Castles/Hyatts/Allens on ancestry.com Waites Family Tree.

Ken Waites
Birmingham, AL
206-601-2485
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Cheryl Willia... 8 Sep 2010 7:23AM GMT 
Ken Waites 30 Jan 2013 7:53AM GMT 
Ken Waites 30 Jan 2013 7:56AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions