Search for content in message boards

allen of nottingham

Replies: 23

Re: allen of nottingham

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 8:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
hi again bernice...that link was very helpful..i am very new to this still but have managed to make quite a bit of head way...i was able to view the birth entries but it only gave the mother's maiden name of osling, it didn't give her christian name and i couldn't find marriage details...the mother of averil i believe to be 1 of my great aunts, a daughter of my g-g-grandparents...i am also looking for the christian names of the mothers of the following with the maiden names of osling and possible marriage details...the following are:-

Ann. D. Bowes born 1946 in cardiff - daughter of (mother's name ? osling)

Malcolm. P. Comrie born 1934 in cardiff - son of (mother's name ? osling)

Gordon Comrie born 1944 in cardiff - son of (mother's name ? osling)

Muriel Linnard born in cardiff 1918 - daughter of (mother's name ? osling)

Colin. M. Linnard born in cardiff 1926 - son of (mother's name ? osling)

I am also looking for information on Emma. M. Osling born in shoreditch, england 1892 (who were her parents?)

I am also looking for information on William Osling (married to eanette), he were aged 48 in 1911, they had children named arthur, alfred and edward and they lived at 8 cester street...William Osling (head of this family was a cabinet maker)...I need to know who William's parents were etc.

If you are a researcher bernice, is there anyway you can help me on the above?

p.s...most importantly, i would dearly love information on the man that started my family of "Osling's" here in wales...his name was ernst/ernest osling said to have been born 1864 in lewesburg u.s.a (allthough i was told by my grand parents that he was latvian)...i know he arrived in wales around the late 1880's, he married my g-g-grand mother 1889 in cardiff...i would dearly love to obtain any relevant information on ernst/ernest (my g-g-grand father) specifically his background such as his parents, siblings and his links with latvia/u.s.a

I would appreciate any information you could help with or obtain for me as i have hit a brick wall going back further than Ernst/Ernest (charly) Osling arrivimg in wales as a merchant seaman.

Best regards...Gillian Osling
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gillian_68 6 Nov 2012 4:47PM GMT 
bernicewheatl... 25 Nov 2012 11:37AM GMT 
gillian_68 25 Nov 2012 2:04PM GMT 
bernicewheatl... 25 Nov 2012 2:55PM GMT 
gillian_68 25 Nov 2012 3:22PM GMT 
bernicewheatl... 25 Nov 2012 4:10PM GMT 
gillian_68 25 Nov 2012 4:56PM GMT 
bernicewheatl... 25 Nov 2012 11:56PM GMT 
bernicewheatl... 26 Nov 2012 12:51AM GMT 
bernicewheatl... 26 Nov 2012 2:31PM GMT