Search for content in message boards

Lewis Allensworth, b. 1812 died when??? And his Two Final Children

Replies: 0

Lewis Allensworth, b. 1812 died when??? And his Two Final Children

Posted: 18 Mar 2010 9:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Allensworth, Nichols, Snyder
I was wondering if anyone knows what became of Emanual and Catherine BLACK ALLENSWORTH's son Lewis? I have him married to Sarah Elizabeth NICHOLS(and only her). She died in 1881 and is buried in East Springfield, OH in the Methodist and Episcopol Cemetary. Her tombstone inscription says "wife of Lewis" -- but Lewis is not to be found. Does anyone know his whereabouts?

Also, most genealogies fail to mention Lewis and Sarah's last two children: Catherine Allensworth SNYDER (b. 11 Jan 1851, d. 30 Dec 1908 in Steubenville) and Lewis Heardsman Allensworth (b. 1852, d. 1940s or so). Catherine is my gr-gr-grandmother. She married John L. Snyder and they lived close enough to her mom and brother (Sarah Allensworth and son Lewis) to be on the same census page in 1870, where Catherine appears as Kate Snyder. I would like to see more Allensworth trees include these last two of Lewis' children. But I would really like to know what happened to Lewis? Where and how did he die. Does anyone know? Thanks,

Scott

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions