Search for content in message boards

1818 marriage of Henry Alward of Harrisburg, Dauphin, Pa.

Replies: 2

Re: 1818 marriage of Henry Alward of Harrisburg, Dauphin, Pa.

Posted: 8 Aug 2011 8:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: alward harris taylor cox compton
He is my 3rd ggrandfather. My maternal grandmother was an Alward, born/grew up in Crafton, Allegheny, PA.

On Ancestry.com, the HUG Family Tree has a LOT of the same info. I have. If you can't get to ancestry.com, let me know. I can cut/paste the info. they provided. THANK YOU to whoever is administering the HUG family tree!!!!!

The following info. is from the Hug Family Tree with some of my additions:

His father, Henry ALWARD (b. 1770; see below), married Rebecca HARRIS.
A Rebecca ELWARD (widowed), aged 79, is living with Wesley BOWMAN and his wife Tamar in Freeport, Armstrong County, PA in 1850. Tamar was the daughter of Henry ALWARD and Rebecca HARRIS. Also living with them in Eliza ELWARD (Tamara's aunt - (wife of Henry ALWARD (she was b. 1795, PA, d. abt 1850).

Henry ALWARD, Sr. was born 5 Jun 1770 in Basking Ridge, Somerset County, NJ to John ALWARD and Priscilla TAYLOR. They were eventually residents of Northumberland County and lived in or near Sunbury, PA.

John ALWARD was been born in Basking Ridge, NJ on 2 Feb 1747 to Henry ALWARD and Mary COX. He lived in Muncy Creek and possibly also in Berks County.

JOhn's father Henry was born in 1718 in Woodbridge, NJ to Henry ALWARD, Jr. and Sarah COMPTON . He is said to be buried at the Presbyterian Church at Basking Ridge where he was a member. I did search the cemetery and did not find him, although several ALWARD S are interred there.

My/Amy's note: This Henry (b. 1718) owned Pew # 44 in Basking Ridge Pres. Church, 1769-1776. There IS a headstone/monument just to the left of the church entrance. It is maybe 4 ft. tall made of white stone with the inscription well worn down. The house he lived in is still there on Mt. Airy Rd. in Basking Ridge, nj.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
midge1249 6 Aug 2011 9:09PM GMT 
rayschimpf 7 Aug 2011 2:01AM GMT 
scarletpelica... 8 Aug 2011 2:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic