I am related to Wilhelmine Alwart who married John Lemke, when he died she married John Krueger, when he died, she married Carlie Romani. My Grant Grandfater and my Grandfather (thier son John Krueger) worked for the Alwart Brothers Coal Company. John Krueger's 1st wife was Whilemine Brechenfelder b. 1841 Meklenburg, d. 2/9/1882 Cook County, IL and his 3rd wife was Susanna Mayer, b. 1874, d. 5/17/1954 (death cert.) m. 5/21/1904 Chicago. Susanna died Susanna Schmied.
I have original birth certificates for all 5 kids (all born in Quitzerow, Demmin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommen, Germany), death cert. for Agusta's twin who died and for Johann Heinrich Alwart b. 1824 in Quitzerow d. 10/101870 in Quitzerow. Marriage Certificate to Sofie Marie Henrike Ritow b. 11/25/1825 Germany d. 3/27/1895 in Chicago. m. 12/1/1849 in Quitzerow.
1. I have pictures of Friederike Johanne Caroline Alwart called "Fredrika or Frieda", b. 10/13/1856, d. 1/24/1930 Chicago m. Frederich I.C. Rekett "Fritz" b. 3/28/1856 in Wittenberge, Prignitz, Brandenburg, Germany, d. 7/19/1893 in Chicago.
I have pictures of their son Wilhelm Johann Karl Rekett called "William K.F. or William John", son Charles Fredrick Rekett and daughter Elsie Rekett.
I have pictures of Wilhelmine & John Kruger w/baby John Krueger and two marriage certs. of Wilhelmine Christine Johanne "Mina" Alwart b. 9/14/1859 and d. 9/13/1903 Cook Cty, IL, Lemke Plot, Lot 63 Sec 4 and her husband Johan Kruger b. 9/7/1839 in Macklenburg-Schwerin (Macklenburg-Vorpommen) Deutschland, Germany, d. 10/19/1910 IL Concordia Cemetery, m. 11/4/1892 in Chicago. Minna's marriage to John Lemke b. 1850 d. 9/16/1891 Cook Freemont, Lot 63 Sect 4
I also have pictures of son John Krueger and wife Rose E. "Maude".
Actual spelling for other kids names:
3. Johann Friedrich Theodor Alwart married to Marie Rathke "Mary", I have their marriage certificate m. 10/11/1881 Chicago.
The only thing I saw additional on Veronica's info was their kid Olga married Frank REKETT AKA Frank RODERICK b. 1884 IL. There are a lot of Rekett decendents on Ancestry.
3. Johann Friedrich Wilheim Alwart called "Fred" b. 2/15/1854, d. 12/5/1922, m. Marie H. "Mary" Ulrish b. 4/1859 Germany, m. 1/29/1879 in Cook Cty.
4. Wilhelm Jonan Carl Alwart (Agusta's twin died) b. 9/18/1862
Auguste Friederike Caroline Alwart b. 9/18/1862, d. 1947 m. Richart T. Waterstaat b. 1868, d. 1945 and I have marriage certificate to August Ecklon m. 7/13/1881, b. 6/1850 Germany.
5. Caroline Johane Friederike Alwart called "Lena". b. 10/13/1867 d. 1928, m. Peter Joklasen 8/12/1887. I have her marriage certificate where they spelled her name wrong as Alverd.
Attached is a picture of an unknown Alwart. Can someone identify it? Click twice on the picture to view it correctly.
I also have several newpaper articles on the Alwart business. It was hard times losing the business like that and I know my Grandfather and others had a hard time looking for new jobs during the depression.
Can anyone share any picture they have? My Grandmother had many picture; however I had a house hit by lightening many years ago and lost all. I am making a family chart for family members and was trying to attach as many pictures as possible to the names.
My email is: firstname.lastname@example.org