Search for content in message boards

finding engel in illinois-- sometimes spelled angel

Replies: 0

finding engel in illinois-- sometimes spelled angel

Posted: 26 May 2012 10:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am Robin Flammang. My Great grandparents came to the u.s. and married in 1875. Nicholaus Flammang born in 1850 died in1907 leaving his wife, Marie(Mary) Engel with many children. Mary did live with her son, Peter, her daughter, Josephine(never married), and my grandfather, Frank and died in 1927. I have their marriage certificate which lists Michael Engel, his wife Francis(Francizca(sp) Lux, Anna Engel and Anna Nantes as the witnesses. I do find Michael and his wife married in 1858 with a son, Charles, living in downstate Illinois in1860 census. My grandmother did not like her husband's family and therefore we had NO contact with them at all. And my grandfather died right before I was born, so I never knew him. I have tried to reconnect with family, but many of them, I guess, just hated my grandmother and so, I really feel almost like an orphan. I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me. I have some pieces of the story, but very little.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions