Anthony line(s) in NY 1700- early 1800's

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 12:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Terpening, Anthony, Garret, Yates, Goewey, Kniffen
I am researching the following line:

John ca 1810-1813, likely Schaghticoke

Andrew ca 1775, lived in Schaghticoke at marriage

John,b.poss ca 1757 in Watervliet in 1790

Samuel b. poss ca 1735, in Rumbout, Dutchess at marriage and on tax lists to 1774, Brunswick area of Albany, Schaghticoke and Watervliet to 1815.

All the above seem to have mostly married women of Dutch or German extraction. (dau.of John married Terpening), Garrett,Yates, Goewey, Kniffen.

My presumption is that Samuel is the senior and John and Andrew are possibly his sons (no records found yet) or Andrew may be of John...

I have found a record of a "Samuel Anthony" in the muster roll of Capt Issac Corsa's company in Westchester in 1755. Israel Sniffen came from Rye/White Plains in Westchester and it is possible that Samuel's family also lived in that area unless he immigrated as a young man alone.

I have not been able to connect him to the family trees listed for the Rhode Island group, the MA group, CT or Schoharie/Green Cty NY people. Nor does he seem to connect to Allard Anthony of the Dutch NYers so far.

Does anyone have any ideas for resources to research in Westchester COunty early 1700's? Or a tree that these might fit into? It's very frustrating to search for surnames that double as given names!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions