Search for content in message boards

Dr. Daniel Arter

Replies: 10

Re: Dr. Daniel Arter

Sue Mullins (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2004 10:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Shari, I shall send you an email tonight--if you don't receive it, will you please contact me at Susiesearcher@worldnet.att.net? I do have a transcription of the ARTER Bible (it was printed in a 1989 edition of the GSSI quarterly journal, SAGA), and I can send you another copy, one which I have annotated with some notes.

Yes, I had learned that Charles Arter was shot in the back by Hogan; and I, too, am terribly curious to learn what caused Hogan's hatred toward Charlie. Charles had been police chief of Cairo a couple of years earlier, and I read a short newspaper article printed during his term that he was cracking down on horse thieves. This act of violence sounded like something personal, however.

Peter SAUP, Charlie's good friend who witnessed the murder, was the older brother of my great-grandfather, Phillip SAUP, who married Charles and Eliza Arter's older daughter, Emma ARTER. (Eliza died in Los Angeles at the age of 90, where she had moved to live with her younger daughter, Grace Magee and Grace's daughter, Grace, five years earlier.) In the future, we plan to go to Cairo to research our ARTER, HARRELL, and SAUP families at the library and courthouse.

I have a copy of Daniel and Mary JARRETT's divorce papers and will write you what I know in my email!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Rebecca 25 Jun 2000 10:15PM GMT 
StephenEvans9... 14 Apr 2001 3:53PM GMT 
Susiesearcher 10 Jun 2002 12:41AM GMT 
Bob Jarrett 12 Jun 2002 2:17PM GMT 
Susiesearcher 12 Jun 2002 6:58PM GMT 
Shari Moore 25 Sep 2004 7:13AM GMT 
Sue Mullins 9 Nov 2004 2:56AM GMT 
Shari Moore 16 Nov 2004 10:48PM GMT 
Sue Mullins 17 Nov 2004 5:51AM GMT 
Susiesearcher 19 Apr 2003 10:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions