I have a couple of questions.
1. Was his first wife's name, Nancy WADE?
2. Did Nancy die between 1850 & 1858?
3. Was JOHN Douglas' first name?
4. I found John D. Axton (age 45) in 1860, md to Matilda (age 23), with son John B. aged 13, and a young dau., Mary J. aged 5/12. Both John D. & John B.'s ages are consistant with those of Douglas & John in the 1850 census.
5. I cannot find the family in 1870. In 1880 I find Matilda (widowed) and several children living in Indiana. The age of the youngest child is 4 yrs. This would mean that John D(ouglas?) would have died between 1875 & 1880.
6. Does anyone know the maiden name of Matilda?
7. Does anyone know the burial locations for Nancy, John D./Douglas, or Matilda Axton?