Search for content in message boards

Bacon Geneology and some other data...

Replies: 1

Bacon Geneology and some other data...

Kathy Dean (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2005 7:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bacon, Cooper, Page, Cleveland, Bradford, Southworth, Barrell, White, Nash, Sales, Hereford, Brewster, Oldham
Although I have belonged to this site for some time, I have never put my two cents worth in! And my two cents may be worth only that. I am descended from the Bacon family in the following manner.

My GGGG Grandfather, Joseph Bacon (Bristol, Conn, B. 1745, D. 1830) married Mary Douglas.

My GGG Grandfather, a child of the above, Joseph Bacon (Bristol, Conn. B. 1772, D. 1848) married Abigail Cleveland in 1798. Abigale Cleveland (B. 1777, D. 1848) led into my relation to Grover Stephen Cleveland, 22nd and 24th President of the US, Mayor of Buffalo, and Governor of NY.

My GG Grandfather, a child of the above, Henry Douglas Bacon (St. Louis, MO, B. 1818, D. 1893) married Julia Ann B. Page (B. 1824, no death date) They moved from St, Louis to Oakland CA, and I have pictures and objects of theirs.

My G Grandfather, a child of the above, Frank Page Bacon (B. 1848, D. 1928) married Mamie Minerva Cooper. Mamie Cooper descended from the side of my family that traces to James Fenimore Cooper (B. 1789, D. 1851). I have many objects of theirs, including a Rosewood cabinet that was sent around the Horn while they traveled over land, plus their complete silver tea service with their wedding date engraved of Dec 24th, 1874. I also have many of her tea cups, plates, pictures, etc.

My Grandmother, a child of the above, Mary Kathryn Bacon (San Francisco, CA B. 4-13-1888, D. 1-28-65) married my Grandfather, William Philip Kessel who was born in Copenhagen, Denmark.

They of course are the parents on my mother, Kathryn Bacon Kessel, now deceased. My name is Kathy Lynn Frederiksen, but I use the last name of Dean.

My ancestry traces to the Mayflower in three directions.

On the Bacon side the related names are:
Newcomb
Bradford
Smith
Richards
Southworth
The Bradford link of course originates from Gov. William Bradford abd his marriage to Alice Carpenter Southworth

On the Cooper side the related names are:
Hereford
Cooper
Sales
Young
Page
Nash
Barrell
White
Bassett
Fuller
William White and Susannah Fuller were the parents of Perigrine White, born on the Mayflower while at harbor off Cape Cod in Nov 1620. He died July 20, 1704.

My third link to the Mayflower branches from the Young and Barrell connection and includes the following names:
Barrell
Bayley (or) Bailey
James
Turner
Brewster
Oldham
and all originate from Elder William Brewster and his marriage to Mary (I do not have her last name)

Oh, now I have a headache! I know I won't check into this bulletin board, so if anyone finds any of the names I listed useful, I do have birth and death dates and some additional info, ie: Lydia Turner James was killed by "Indians" in 1676.

Also, Peregrine White was an ensign of Miles Standish.

Gov William Bradford was born at Austerfield in Yorkshire, England and died at Plymouth. His son, Major William Bradford was Deputy Governor of the Colony from 1682 until 1687 and died in 1704.

If you need any additional information, my name is Kathy L. Dean and my e-mail is kathylynndean@direcway.com

I currently live in Southern Oregon, but was born in SF as was my mother and grandmother. I have only lived in OR for about 5 years, and miss CA and my friends. I have no family now and never had children, plus my husband just divorced me after 22 years. He was birn in Athens, Greece. I should have known better! I have included a picture of myself. I was born on May 13th, 1947.

Best wishes to all, Kathy
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kathy Dean 10 May 2005 1:38PM GMT 
carmenbell_1 10 Feb 2011 7:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions