Search for content in message boards

Gus Baham and Mary Lucillia Anthony Researchers

Replies: 2

Gus Baham and Mary Lucillia Anthony Researchers

Posted: 25 Mar 2008 4:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Gus Baham appears to be the half brother of Preston Andrew Baham as found in his obituary below.Most all of Preston's siblings were located in the ss index in the same location as Gus Baham husband of Mary Lucillia Anthony.In the obituary it stated his mother was Elizabeth Pierre and His father Phillip Baham.Making Gus's father Phillip and his mother Unknown.Searching for Elizabeth in the ss index,I located her in Jackson,East Feliciana Parish,Louisiana after finding her burial records in the same location as her son Preston,and stepson Elijah W. Baham,and his second wife Rosetta P...After locating her ss records,I checked for other Baham's in the same area as her.I came up with a Holiday Baham and a Emma Baham.I found buried next to her a Emma Amela Baham in whom I believe is the same as the woman in the ss index.Now as for Holiday Baham.I did a internet search for him and found nothing,until I visited Tangipahoa Parish cemeteries.Then in Bahm Cemetery,I found him listed as being buried there.The day and month of death differ from ss information but the date of birth are the same.I have to wonder if the folks buried in Bahm cemetery are the lost family of Gus Baham...Does anyone have any ideas???

Obituary published in The Advocate (Baton Rouge) on: 11/17/2002 BAHAM, PRESTON ANDREW A resident of Independence, he died Friday, Nov. 15, 2002, at Lallie Kemp Regional Medical Center, Independence. He was 91 and a native of Tangipahoa Parish. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II. Visitation at Harry McKneely & Son Funeral Home, Hammond, from 6 p.m. To 9 p.m. Monday. Visitation in the funeral home chapel from 8 a.m. Until religious service at 2 p.m. Tuesday, conducted by the Rev. Stanley Baham and the Rev. Mike Vaughn. Interment in Ponchatoula Cemetery. Survived by his wife, Mildred Harter Baham, Independence; a daughter, Evelyn Pigott, Springfield; a son, Danny Cooper, Robert; four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. Preceded in death by his parents, Phillip and Elizabeth Pierre Baham; a granddaughter, Elizabeth McCarter; a brother, Shelton Baham; four half- brothers, Ellis, Gus, Elijah and Eugene Baham; and three half-sisters, Margaret and Catherine Baham and Ida Poplius. He was a member of American Legion Post 109 in Independence, AMVETS Post 68 in Springfield, VFW Post 3652 in Hammond and DAV Chapter 50 in the Florida Parishes.

PRESTON BAHAM 10 Sep 1912 15 Nov 2002 (V) 70443 (Independence,Tangiphoa,LA (none specified) 434-16-2149 Louisiana

Ponchatoula Cemetery-Ponchatoula,Tangipahoa Parish,Louisiana
Baham, Elizabeth P. Mar 17, 1881 - Jan 23, 1974 Mother She was the sunshine of our home

ELIZABETH BAHM 17 Mar 1882 Jan 1974 70748 (Jackson,East Feliciana,LA(none specified) 435-34-1098 Louisiana

EMMA BAHAM 31 Aug 1885 Dec 1972 70748 (Jackson,East Feliciana,LA (none specified) 434-78-8882 Louisiana

*Note* This emma is buried in same cemetery as his wife Elizabeth
Ponchatoula Cemetery-Ponchatoula,Tangipahoa Parish,Louisiana
Baham, Emma Amela Aug 7, 1886 - Dec 31, 1972

HOLLIDAY BAHAM 21 Jan 1899 15 Feb 1968 (V) 70748 (Jackson,East Feliciana,LA (none specified) 435-18-3981 Louisiana
BAHM CEMETERY, Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana
HOLIDAY H. BAHM La. Pvt. U.S. Army WW II 01/21/1899 02/06/1968
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
acaidian 25 Mar 2008 10:00PM GMT 
paperdolltoo 2 Sep 2010 11:51PM GMT 
jesicaredden1... 4 Dec 2012 9:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions