Search for content in message boards

Baier - Gruba

Replies: 3

Re: Baier - Gruba

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 1:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
Glad to hear from you.

John D.Baier, my great grandfather; est year of birth 1876; Russia ,Prussia, Lithuania.

Barbara (Polick) Baier, my great grandmother; est year of birth 1878; Russia, Prussia, Lithuania; children: John Peter Baier, Natalie Baier, Walter Baier and Ludwick Baier.

John Peter Baier, my grandfather; est year of birth 1898; death in Lake Orion, Michigan; Russia, Prussia, Lithuania.

Natalie Baier, my aunt. She worked in a factory in Detroit, married and moved to Nwe Hampshire on a lake. Do not know her married name nor the lake. We went there oncce when I was 12. She had some cabins she rented. The lake was near a waterfall.

Walter Baier, my uncle lived in Detroit. I think he was a boxer, do not know if it was part time or full time. He had children but do not know who they are.

Ludwick Baier, my uncle. Do not know much about him. My grandfater always called him a skidrow bum but I think he was a ship builder in Oregon and started the Baier Hatch Company in Washington state.

Martha Grube, My grandmother who married John Peter Baier.
Est year of birth Feb. 14, 1899, Detroit, Michigan; year of death October 16, 1976, Lake Orion, Michigan. Her father was Anthony Frank Gruba, est year of birth,June 17, 1873-74; her mother was Franciscka (Francis) C. (Wolnikowski) Gruba; her brothers were Leonard Gruba est. year of birth Feb. 16, 1903, Detroit, Michigan; George Gruba est year of birth December 19, 1909, Detroit, Michigan, died October 13, 1989; Harry Gruba est year of birth August 23,1905-06; Harry went by Grube not Gruba; other children who died.

Ludwick or Ludwig maybe married Augusta Gavin; children by prior marriaqe are Ida Gavin-Dorf, Harry Gavin and Edward Gavin.

I think that I have given you all of the information that I have at this point. I would like to trace both sides of my family. I know that the Grubas werer here for a long time; the Baiers came over on a boat in the late 1800 or early 1900 from Russia. Grandfather always said he was from Prussia. I have a family portrait of the Baier family but cannot find any census records on her. In the picture she was about 12.

Thanks for all your help,
Lee Ann (Williams) Wright
cecilwright@sbcglobal.net
(979) 277-2996

P.S. My mother Sylvia Ilene Baier is the daughter of John Peter Baier and Martha (Marta) Gruba, wife of Winnes Gale Williams from West Virginia.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
1_cecilwright 25 Apr 2012 7:39PM GMT 
mebateman1 25 Feb 2013 7:31PM GMT 
1_cecilwright 4 Mar 2013 8:02PM GMT 
mebateman1 5 Mar 2013 7:39AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic