Search for content in message boards

Children of Ezekial Baird and Susannah Blodgett Baird

Replies: 41

Re: Children of Ezekial Baird and Susannah Blodgett Baird

Posted: 3 Jun 2011 12:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baird, Beard, Hogg, Curtis, Blodgett, Hardy, Jordan
Thank u both for responding. I will certainly look for the web site Annette mentioned. A couple of things to note. First, Google for "map of Tennessee counties" and click on the first map. SW side of Hickman is Perry Co (where Beardstown was created in 1830 by George Beard); Humphreys, then Benton, are just NW of Hickman; and Stewart touches North side of Benton. Benton was created from Humphreys in 1835-36 (our Beard lands were in the Birdsong Creek area of what became Benton as of the 1836 Poll and Land Tax List, but I doubt if they had actually moved over the years, its just that the counties were re-formed around them). Humphreys was created from Stewart in 1809 and some Indian lands were added to it before Benton was formed from it. So, in my mind any Bairds in Stewart or Dickson could be related to ours in Benton. Our Beards are known to have had dealings in Benton, Humphreys and Perry counties before moving down to the Dallas/Hot Spring, AR area. Second, my understanding is that Beard is pronounced like the smelly critter called a Bear, which is probably more like Baird is actually pronounced. I agree with u that they could and often are the same family root name. Third, it is my understanding that some other relations of Ezekial were in Stewart Co, TN -- those need to be looked at as well as those in Hickman for possible leads. Anyone know about them?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lybjdb4 20 Feb 2009 12:40PM GMT 
tlharman1 20 Feb 2009 2:18PM GMT 
lybjdb4 20 Feb 2009 3:36PM GMT 
robertmiller1... 23 Feb 2009 11:50PM GMT 
pauhanawa 2 Jun 2011 6:11AM GMT 
lybjdb4 2 Jun 2011 12:20PM GMT 
AnnetteBaird 3 Jun 2011 5:23PM GMT 
pauhanawa 3 Jun 2011 6:27PM GMT 
AnnetteBaird 5 Jun 2011 7:23PM GMT 
lybjdb4 5 Jun 2011 9:03PM GMT 
per page