Search for content in message boards

Children of Ezekial Baird and Susannah Blodgett Baird

Replies: 41

Re: Children of Ezekial Baird and Susannah Blodgett Baird

Posted: 1 Mar 2009 2:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am seven generations from Dr. Ezekial Baird through his youngest son P William Baird. P William's son King Hiram sired Jerome Bonaparte who sired Patterson Lafayette who sired Lester Vernor who was my father.

SO, we are cousins! Did you know that our Grandfather Ezekial and Grandmother Susannah's home which was built soon after the Revolutionary War still stands? It is now a Bed & Breakfast. The cemetary with our grandparents and several generations since, including your Bedent and Mary, is behind the house, enabling one to go there and see gravestones of many relatives. I went several summers ago and got goosebumps feeling the fireplace stones and climbing the creaky stairs built by our grandfather nearly 2 1/4 CENTURIES ago.

Did you know our Grandmother Susannah's father was killed under the command of 21-year-old Lt. George Washington, who at that time was commanding his first battle in the French & Indian War. There was no United States yet, so our GF Blodgett, like Geo Washington, was a member of that famous British Red Coat Army under the command of the British General E. Howe.

Your grandfather Bedent was quite an illustrious character himself. He was very involved in North Carolina's state government. I'll be happy to share sources and Info on our common ancestors if you'd like.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
AnnetteBaird 6 Jun 2011 6:05AM GMT 
lybjdb4 6 Jun 2011 12:01PM GMT 
AnnetteBaird 6 Jun 2011 9:47PM GMT 
pauhanawa 21 Oct 2013 7:55PM GMT 
lybjdb4 4 Jun 2011 12:23AM GMT 
AnnetteBaird 4 Jun 2011 4:10PM GMT 
lybjdb4 5 Jun 2011 1:04PM GMT 
AnnetteBaird 5 Jun 2011 7:37PM GMT 
robertmiller1... 17 Feb 2009 6:26PM GMT 
AnnetteBaird 1 Mar 2009 9:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions