Search for content in message boards

Edward Harrison and Mary Ellen ?

Replies: 2

Edward Harrison and Mary Ellen ?

Posted: 18 Feb 2009 10:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Packer, Baisden, Barry, Barnett
As I have researched the death location for Edward Howard Baisden, I came across an obituary for his son, Edward Harrison Baisden in the Centralia Daily Chronicle on 2 Jan 1940, page 1.

"Two Residents of Pe Ell Pass"

Edward H. Baisden

The death of Edward H. Baisden, 90 years of age, occurred Sunday evening. He resided at Pe Ell 35 years until moving to Raymond five years ago, and had returned to Pe Ell only a week ago. Three children, 12 grandchildren, 16 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren survive. The children are Mrs. Bertha Barry, Suquamish, and Mrs. Thomas Parker and Mrs. Minnie Parker, both living in Minnesota.

Mr. Baisden's Body is at the Perkins-Cattermole chapel here.

Initially, the date of his birth fit early census records for Edward Harrison Baisden, son of Edward Howard Baisden and Susanna Barnett. However, the Washington State Index suggested the father for the man listed above was Joe Baisden. I searched extensively to see if there was a son of John, Joseph, or Joe Baisden. Nothing turned up. I then turned to the children listed in the obituary. This is where the puzzle pieces came together.

Edward Harrison Baisden and Mary Ellen ? had 6 children:
Lilly L. Baisden
William J. Baisden
John E. Baisden
Minnie Elvira Baisden
Bertha E. Baisden
Cyrus H. Baisden.

(See 1860, 1900, 1930 Federal Censuses and the 1885, 1895, 1905 Minnesota Census records.)

Lilly L Baisden married Thomas Packer. I have found two of their children: Jasper and Stella. Jasper was found in a 1920 Federal Census record for Pe Ell, Washington. He is shown as a boarder, but the head of household is Edward H Baisden. This record is a little deceiving since Edward gives his age as younger. Perhaps this was deliberate since it shows that he was employed as a railroad foreman.

Minnie Elvira Baisden married John Lawrence Packer. There are several census records on Ancestry as well as a few photos. They lived in McLeod and Aitkin counties, Minnesota.

Bertha E Baisden married ? Barry (I found Bertha and her children with Edward H. Baisden in the 1930 Census. I'm still trying to find her husband's given name. I have sent away for her two son's obituaries. If I learn anything, I'll add another post.)

I hope this is helpful to someone who is trying to link their family to Edward Howard Baisden and Susanna Barnett.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
3LsRs07 19 Feb 2009 5:41AM GMT 
terrifruetel 30 Jul 2010 11:03PM GMT 
3LsRs07 14 Dec 2011 9:01PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions