Search for content in message boards

Francis Marion Baldwin - Texas

Replies: 22

William Baldwin married Mary Jane McDonald

Posted: 8 Jun 2000 9:14AM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2005 7:25PM GMT
Kay,

My gg-grandfather is William Baldwin b. 1820/1821 in South Carolina. He married ca. 1840 in Union Dist. S.C. wife's name unknown at this time. They were the parents of 5 daughters; Mary, Elizabeth, Eliza, Emily, Sarah Ann. William married my gg-grandmother, Mary Jane McDonald, April 5, 1855 at Saltillo, Mississippi. They were the parents of 10 children; Martha "Mattie", Nancy "Nannie", Benjamin Franklin, James T., William Robert "Bud", George William, Lucy Jane, Lula Elmira, Unnamed Infant Boy, John A.

Mary Jane McDonald Baldwin died in Mississippi is buried in the Fellowship Cemetery near Saltillo. She has two sons buried by her, the unnamed infant James T. All of William's children migrated to Indian Territory, Oklahoma, except Mary Baldwin Turner, Elizabeth Baldwin Ballard Sarah Ann Baldwin Gassaway. Sarah Ann died 1881 and is buried in the Fellowship Cemetery at Saltillo. William Baldwin married 3rd Mrs. Clara Jane Hall and they migrated to Indian Territory where they are listed on the 1900 census. He is buried at Ellis Chapel Cemetery, Wister, Oklahoma.

I also have the families for William's brothers; Mabrey Thompson Baldwin who migrated from Union Dist., S.C. to Itawamba/Lee Co., Mississippi.

Mabrey Baldwin was married 5 times with children from four of these marriages. He has a son, Francis M. Baldwin b. 1861 in Itawamba Co., Mississippi. Francis married Rebecca Holcombe November 7, 1883 in Lee Co., Mississippi. Is this the Francis Marion Baldwin you are referring to? My gg-grandfather, William Baldwin, doesn't have a son by that name.

Mabrey Baldwin's children are:

1st Marriage two children; Jane William R.

2nd Marriage four children; James Thompson, Charles Simpson, Nancy A. Susan.

3rd Marriage - I have seven children listed, but two of these may be grandchildren; Sarah, John Mabry, Emily, Francis M., Benjamin, George W. Robert E. I am told that Benjamin and Robert E. may be the grandsons, not sons.

4th Marriage one child; Mattie R.

Mabrey Baldwin married 1st Nancy Gregory, 2nd Eliza Comer, 3rd Nancy (?)some researchers say she was a Comer also, 4th Mrs. Lettie Lawrence 5th Amanda Adams.

Thompson Baldwin married Sarah Ann Sandlin and they had ten children; Martha J, John W., Mary Elizabeth, Cicily, James, William M., Thompson Jr., Sarah Ann, Edwin/Ebenezer, Jiney. I haven't researched this family as much as the William Mabrey Baldwin families. Five of the chidren died young and are buried in the Boquefala Baptist Church Cemetery at Mooreville, Mississippi; Martha J., John W., Cicily, James, William M. Thompson Baldwin married 2nd to Sarah M. Brook, but have no record of any children from this marriage.

Thompson Baldwin William Baldwin were members of the Boquefala Baptist Church. They are listed in the Church Minutes. I have most of the marriages for these families, if you are interested.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cmyroots 12 Apr 1999 7:46AM GMT 
Kay (Baldwin) Coker 25 Apr 1999 10:10AM GMT 
buzzbb 17 Sep 1999 6:27PM GMT 
diannaJohnson... 2 Nov 1999 7:06PM GMT 
sranier 11 Mar 2000 6:43PM GMT 
Lynne_Forrest 25 Apr 2000 10:42AM GMT 
csswalker 8 Jun 2000 3:14PM GMT 
Donna Baldwin... 5 Dec 2002 6:49PM GMT 
Ed Baldwin 25 Aug 1999 8:24PM GMT 
diannaJohnson... 27 Sep 1999 5:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions