Search for content in message boards

Oswald Bamber

Replies: 5

Re: Oswald Bamber

Posted: 21 Dec 2010 8:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bamber Thorpe
Dear Mr. Taylor,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, and yes, my Oswald is the son of Thomas and Sarah, although her name was Sallie, born in Oswaldkirk Yorkshire., and he was in Leavonsworth prison, incarceration date 26 April 1918. so he is definately the same Oswald Bamber as you are researching.
I too have requested the file of his prison record, but as yet have not received it due to the bad weather delaying postal deliveries, I also had an address where I could request a copy of the court proceedings, but I have not done that as yet.
Oswald seems to have criss crossed the Atlantic quite a few times, and I have tried to follow his movements with ship's passenger lists etc.
I believe that after his first wife ( Kate ) died, he sent his two daughters back to the U.K. to be brought up by their grandmother Sallie in Yorkshire, and I have had a lot of photographs sent to me by the son of Isobel Mary, Kate's daughter.
He informed me that after Oswald married again he had a son Arther, but he didn't have any more information about him.
What relation are you to Oswald ? and where do you live ?
I'm sure that the prison file will make interesting reading, so I hope it comes soon.
I have not heard of a Marion Edge at all.
I have quite a lot of information about the Bambers and the Thorpes.
Please feel free to e-mail me directly, if you wish, instead of going through the ancestry message board.
My e-mail address is rosemaryramm1@yahoo.co.uk in case you have mislaid it.
If I don't hear from you soon, have a happy Christmas.

Regards,

Rosemary
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rosemaryramm1 21 Nov 2010 4:13PM GMT 
betaylor111 19 Dec 2010 7:01AM GMT 
rosemaryramm1 20 Dec 2010 11:22AM GMT 
betaylor111 20 Dec 2010 7:52PM GMT 
betaylor111 21 Dec 2010 4:26AM GMT 
rosemaryramm1 21 Dec 2010 3:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic