Search for content in message boards

James Bates b 1800? SC m Anna Brown Jefferson County AL d Van Zandt TX

Replies: 2

James Bates b 1800? SC m Anna Brown Jefferson County AL d Van Zandt TX

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 11:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bates Hembree Brown
I'm looking for more information on James who is the father of the famous Aunt Jenny Bates Brooks Johnston from Alabama. Some family trees are showing him somehow connected as a son of a Mark Pitts from Pendleton District South Carolina.
In fact I have seen some trees refer to Mark Pitts as Mark Bates Pitts. I'm confused on this but it does have an interesting point that Mark Pitts married a Susannah Hembree. This Hembree is a close relative to another Hembree, Sarah, that married a William Bates in Carroll County Georgia.

My line goes back to John Bates b1805 SC d 1865 Jefferson County, AL. I am at a dead end but my DNA matches the family line of William Bates b1802 who married Sarah Hembree. The families of William Bates that I have been in contact with are at a dead end as well. Could this be a link of some kind?

James Bates owned land in Jefferson County about the time that my John moved into the area and the land he eventually purchased was within a few miles of land that James originally owned.

Can anyone give me the information on where this connection comes in?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tbtbms 13 Apr 2013 5:43PM GMT 
terithomas414 31 Jul 2013 2:12AM GMT 
tbtbms 28 Aug 2013 6:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions