Search for content in message boards

Robert Baxter - Can anyone help please

Replies: 2

Robert Baxter - Can anyone help please

Posted: 2 Jan 2013 3:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baxter
Can anyone help me, I am finding it very difficult to research my grandfather, his name was Robert Baxter he was a POW in Japanese camp WW2, that's about all I know in terms of military. when he left the army he needed a national insurance number and applied to Newcastle for his birth certificate however they couldn't find him on the system, they did a check a couple of years each way and still couldn't find him, he said his birth date was 11/11/1916. My mum said she thinks he may have been adopted, I have recently gained his marriage certificate and it states that a Harry Paivell Baxter was his father and was deceased at time of marriage but I cant seem to find anything on this either.
My grandfather Robert Baxter Married my Gran Dorothy Ann Davis on December 18th 1946. He was living at 73 Bungalow Road South Norwood when he married my Gran. If anyone out there can help me at all with any of this information it would be much appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MEGAN WILLIAM... 2 Jan 2013 10:03PM GMT 
Lois_Francesc... 2 Jan 2013 10:52PM GMT 
MEGAN WILLIAM... 3 Jan 2013 9:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions