Search for content in message boards

Bean family

Replies: 2
Posted: 8 Sep 2011 4:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bean - Roberts
Still looking for family of a Valentine Bean brn.1873 in Kent UK migrated to Canada 1910 , the following is all I have on this man, there must be family over there some place and I would beg them to be in touch PLEASE .
His parents were Valentine Bean & Lucy Ann Roberts , this "Valentine " is the only sibling of this family I cannot trace.
His sister Annie Bean married Sidney Thompson 3rd Spetember 1910 in Wentworth Hamilton Ontario and had 3 children , Victor, Doris and Edna ( none of whom I have been able to get in touch with !!) and another sister Louise married a Stephen George Ferrell in UK and emmigrated to Hamilton, Canada 1904 .
Valentine Bean : Birth June Quarter 1873 Eastry, Kent. Vol. 2a page: 779
Family "recollections" have it that Valentine was some type of engineer in England and drove the dynamo for the lighting of a circus travelling the Uk .
some think he married the circus owners daughter but I have not been able to prove this and have not been able to trace the "circus" .
Valentine sailed from Liverpool on 12th. March 1910 on the "S/S Carthaginion" ( not easy to read ) bound for Halifax in Canada arriving March 28th. at 9.15 am.1910.
His ticket no: is 32818, he had 25 pound cash on his arrival, he was aged 36yrs. (1874) ,states he is married, has never been in Canada before, was born in England, speaks English, destination Hamilton, Ontario, former occupation : Engine Driver, Going to be a Farm Labourer, & denomination: Cof E,
Family Search IGI Individual Record shows Valentine Christened 25th. August 1878 in Lydden, Kent. Batch No. C043183 ( Film)
In the 1881 census of Ewell, Kent, Valentine is noted with his family , living at "Cold Blow Cottage" aged 8 yrs. After that I can find no trace of him .
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
McDonald_Delm... 8 Sep 2011 10:19PM GMT 
ChevTracker 11 Sep 2011 4:38PM GMT 
Bonzadel 11 Sep 2011 11:11PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions