connection between Beland and Belland how are we related

Replies: 4

Edward John BELLAND

FRANK BELLAND (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2003 3:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jul 2004 1:15PM GMT
Surnames: Beland, Béland, Belland, Fehn, Aicher
The Belland name is well know in france and spelled as BELLAND, my undrstanding was our name coul of been spelled many different ways but then again we are FRENCH only

It has been very hard to establish root with the BELLAND in CANADA and France because of the many DIT spellings

i need help with who ws my grandfathers parents and other relatives going backwards

starting with this know information:

We believe my Grandfather EDWARD JOHN BELLAND (aka John Edward Belland) (, b. June 06, 1881,was listed as (June 4, 1881) was born somewhere in ST JEAN BAPTISTE SOCIETE NASHUA N.H THIS IS PLACE WHERE HE WAS BORN and raised sometime in his early life is a French Monastery or mission.

EDWARD JOHN BELLAND aka John Edward Belland, died in New Jersey buried in PHILA), USA. died on June 10, 1971, in Cape May County, NJ, buried on June 14, 1971, at Holy Sepulchre in Philadelphia. he was Living with Daughter AGNES M. FEHN nee BELLAND Ocean City, New Jersey (married name Agnes FEHN).

some say he was born in the Alsace Lorraine region and immigrated to Montreal, and was educated by the Chippewa Indians in Quebec. He was a farmer then carpenter --worked on the Boston-Maine Railroad, then worked on the Reading Railroad --bringing him to Philadelphia.

JOHN BELLAND (aka John Edward Belland) married MARTINA AGNES AICHER Abt. 1905(married 05/05/1905).

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
francis h belland jr 2 Oct 2002 1:39AM GMT 
Russ Bellant 2 Jan 2003 10:06PM GMT 
FRANK BELLAND 2 Jan 2003 10:25PM GMT 
FRANK BELLAND 11 Apr 2003 10:07PM GMT 
jomobe 9 Mar 2013 5:02PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions