Search for content in message boards

William Franklin Bennett's father

Replies: 0

William Franklin Bennett's father

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 12:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Why William Franklin Bennett's father is not NOAH Bennett of Monroe County Mississippi.

I have never seen any evidence showing that Noah ever had a son named William.

1. 1850 census = Noah Bennett had a daughter, Susan, born in 1832, the year my ggg grandfather William Bennett was born. They were living in Alabama during the 1850 census but did not move there until after 1843 when Jerome was born.

2. William Franklin Bennett was born in Alabama in 1832 according to the 1880 census. In Fayette, Alabama, there is a Joel Bennett that has a son William born in 1832 according to the 1850 census and is still living at home. Later they moved to Monroe Miss. My William Franklin Bennett married in 1855 to Mary Harmon.

3. My hand written notes by my great grandmother Minnie Lieu Vick Robbins states her great grandmother was a Jennie or Jannie Ashcroft who married an UNK Bennett. Lo and behold, Joel Bennett's wife was Jane Ashcraft/Ashcroft. There is a very strong tradition from the Vick family of being Chickasaw and this Joel was born in Chickasaw territory, and the Ashcrafts were descended from an Indian woman from North Carolina.

Pieces of the puzzle do not fit Noah Bennett at all. Someone may have noticed that both lived in Monroe Co. and made a connection but they lived there at different times.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions