Search for content in message boards

Isaac Bennett, bc1822 Mercer Co., Va-WVa

Replies: 2

Isaac Bennett, bc1822 Mercer Co., Va-WVa

Posted: 8 Sep 2013 11:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Sep 2013 4:25PM GMT
Surnames: Bennett, Rollyson
I am looking for informaiton on Isaac Bennett, born about 1822 in what was then Mercer County, Virginia, now Mercer County, West Virginia. According to the 1850 census, Isaac was the son of Robert and Catherine Bennett. Isaac married Mary Rollyson on Dec. 1, 1854 in Mercer County. Mary was the daughter of Joseph and Elizabeth Rollyson.

Isaac and Mary had a daughter, Emily Avis Bennett, born in 1858. I cannot locate this family in the 1860 census, but Mary and Emily are in the home of her parents in the 1870 census. I believe that Isaac passed away shortly after the birth of Emily, however I have seen a date of death of 1870 on some family trees. I cannot verify that information. Nor can I find a date of death for Mary Rollyson Bennett.

Emily Avis Bennett married John C. Arthur, son of Sketon Arthur and Susan Arthur on Sept. 17, 1877 in Fayette County. Her aunt, Rachel Rollyson was the wife of Stephen Arthur (also of Fayette County) in Mercer County about the time that Mary and Isaac were wed.

Neither of Emily's parents names appear on her marriage record or her death certificate which leads me to believe that neither were living at the time of her marriage or death. This would discount the 1870 death date of Isaac that I have seen.

Does anyone have any information on either Isaac Bennett or Mary Rollyson Bennett such as death dates for either and if in fact that Isaac was still living in 1870 when Mary is back home with her parents, then were was Isaac? As I mentioned earlier, I have not been able to locate him in any census past the 1850 census when he was still at home with his parents.

Any information would be appreciated.

Anita McClung
Fayette County, WV
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
anitajoe1963 8 Sep 2013 5:26PM GMT 
Greg Bennette 9 Sep 2013 10:47PM GMT 
anitajoe1963 9 Sep 2013 11:57PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions