I'm researching Charles Bennett and, in addition to seeking any information on this family, I am particularly interested in determining if there is a connection between Charles Bennett and Thaddeus Bennett and his son, Joseph Bennett, who arrived in Madison Township, Scioto Co., OH about 1814.
Information I have indicates that Charles Bennett, (b. abt. 1731; d. March 1818 in Madison Township) and his wife, Martha Collins (b. abt 1732; d. July 2, 1815 in Madison Township) were married September 11, 1753 in Baltimore, MD. They lived in the Berkeley Springs area of what is now WV and in Monongalia Co., VA (now WV) before coming to Scioto Co.
The children I have for them are as follows:
1. Priscilla Bennett (b. 1755) m. Abraham Carter.
2. Anne Bennett (b. 1756)
3. Catherine Bennett (b. 1758)
4. Robert Bennett (b. abt. 1759)
5. Nancy Bennett (b. abt 1760)
6. Jemima Bennett (b. abt. 1762) m. 1st Leonard Southworth; m. 2nd Joseph Jacobs
7. Charles Bennett, Jr. (b. abt. 1764)
8. John Thomas Bennett (b. 1766)
9. Caleb Bennett (b. 1768)
10. Thomas? Bennett (b. abt 1770)
I'd appreciate hearing from anyone with information on this family. I have info to share on a few of Charles Bennett's descendants especially on his great granddaughter, Mary Bennett who married William Mollsee (Mollisee, Mallasee).