Search for content in message boards

Rev. William L. Biggs and family

Replies: 1

Re: Rev. William L. Biggs and family

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 10:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Wm. L. Biggs was my gg grandfather. He has been a difficult one to research. According to info on US Civil War Soldiers, it shows he was on the Union Side with 9 Tennesse Cavalry, and his gravestone does say GAR on it, however a historian, who lives in Washington State, where W L was killed in a snowslide said the family he was staying with was strongly on the Confederate side and we were both surprised that the gravestone said GAR. I only know of one wife for sure and that is Margaret Dickson who was the mother of my great grandfather W H Biggs. I have also found little information on her, but she is listed as the mother of WH Biggs on his death certificate. There is also a marriage record for W L Biggs who married Margaret McAlister in Erath County, Tx. The family story was that his wife was crippled in a wheel chair and he went west to preach and was supposedly killed in a snowslide, but the family believed that he really just found a new wife. There was a census in Washington state,a couple of yrs before he died that had a WL Biggs and a wife noted, but the later census had WL Biggs who was single - so very confusing. He was staying with the Brisky family in Washington and also in an earlier census, I found him in Throckmorton TX, and down the street, lived, none other than the Briskey family.The historian in Washington state did confirm the snowslide story. I haven't worked on this in some time, so will need to go back to some of papers and review this. Sorry to say I haven't worked on geneaology in a while, but glad to find someone else who is trying to find out info on W L.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Charlotte JON... 18 Apr 2013 9:19PM GMT 
terpike 19 Apr 2013 4:34AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions