Search for content in message boards

Reuben Biggs- s/o Josiah Biggs Sr..Virginia- Ohio- Indiana

Replies: 3

Josiah Biggs Sr.- family and wife

Posted: 26 Sep 2013 9:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Biggs, Oxley
All Josiah Biggs Sr family researchers- please note that Josiah's will, dated March 18, 1840, names the following children as heirs:
Josiah Jr, Reuben, Uriah, Daniel T, William, and one daughter, Elizabeth.
Uriah and Reuben were named executors of his estate at the time of the signing of the will.
This would null any dates of death for any of them prior to that date.
I am bringing this up because of the many trees I am seeing that show Reuben's death in 1830. I am seeing Uriah's death in 1830; and Daniel's in 1824. There are several showing that William T was born in 1801 and died in 1802. This is a strange one. Perhaps there was another William Biggs born and died around that timeframe, and it has become mixed up. And...maybe that is what has happened with the others with the same names. There seems to be a naming pattern in that Biggs family, and so many named their sons and daughters with same names. It must have been very confusing when someone called for Josiah and 3 or 4 little boys turned their heads :-)

Still the mystery of Josiah Sr goes on. There has been some speculation that Josiah Sr's wife was Elizabeth Oxley, daughter of Aaron Oxley, granddaughter of John Oxley, born about 1739 in Hopewell Twp, Hunterdon Co, New Jersey. This was posted by an Oxley family researcher on GenForum. It looks like the Oxley family was in Loudon County, Virginia about the time they had their children, so Aaron Oxley was possibly born in Virginia. Some members of this Oxley family were in Clinton County, Ohio by the early 1800's. A lead worth investigating more- thought I would pass that along.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dmotsinger 14 Aug 2013 3:50AM GMT 
Biggs_Deborah 22 Aug 2013 4:03PM GMT 
dmotsinger 23 Aug 2013 6:34AM GMT 
dmotsinger 27 Sep 2013 3:02AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic