Search for content in message boards

William Anderson Blagg and Evaline Jennings

Replies: 5

William Anderson Blagg and Evaline Jennings

S Svenson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Mar 2003 3:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blagg; Jennings; Fields; Buffington; Eaton
I occasionally see William Anderson Blagg listed in two families, but with the same spouse and many of the same children. A William Anderson Blagg (b. 1832/1833) is listed as the son of John Monroe Blagg and Elizabeth Fields: John Monroe Blagg as the son of William Anderson Blagg, son of Caleb Blagg, and Elizabeth Fields as the daughter of Richard Fields and Jenny Buffington. William is usually listed as a spouse of Evaline Sophronia Jennings, with Evaline listed as born 1831/1832 and died 1918 in Texas. A second William A. Blagg (b. abt. 1835) is listed as the son of Caleb Blagg and Charlotte Eaton: Caleb as the son of John ‘James’ Blagg, son of Caleb Blagg. This second William is also listed as married to Evaline Sophronia Jennings, but with Evaline listed as born abt. 1835 and died 1918 in Texas. Did the two cousins marry the same spouse, or two people with the name? The 1880 Census data I have seen shows William and Evaline in Denton County, Texas, with ages of 47 and 48 (consistent with the ‘first’ William Anderson Blagg). The same couple appears in the 1870 Census in the same county. I cannot find a second William and Evaline Blagg in the Census data. The 1850 Census for Caleb Blagg indicates his son William A. Blagg was born 1838. This suggests to me that Evaline Jennings was the spouse of William son of John Monroe Blagg, not William son of Caleb Blagg. Can anybody provide information to help clear this up? Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
S Svenson 5 Mar 2003 10:59PM GMT 
carolrabun1 22 May 2003 5:16PM GMT 
galetulsa_anc... 9 May 2004 7:35PM GMT 
SE Svenson 10 May 2004 3:07AM GMT 
ValleryJo 10 May 2004 12:23PM GMT 
SE Svenson 10 May 2004 2:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic