Search for content in message boards

Joseph Blagg & Susan Bigby in Grayson County

Replies: 1

Joseph Blagg & Susan Bigby in Grayson County

Posted: 17 Sep 2003 4:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blagg, Bigby
I've been trying to get over or through this brick wall for about 30 years now. Would like to solve the problem before I die - I'm 70 so my time is running out.
Problem: When and where did Joseph die and what happened to his wife Susan. (They are my grgrgrandparents.)
Here's what I know:
Joseph was born 13 Feb 1836 in either Alabama or Arkansas.
He and Susan Bigby/Bigbee were married in Grayson County.
Listed on 1860 census of Grayson County as teamster, post office Sherman, TX.
Enlisted in Company K, 22nd Texas Calvary, Polignac's Brigade, CSA on 4 January 1862 at Farmington, Grayson County. Transferred to Company D of 5th Regiment, Texas Partisan Rangers on 25 April 1863.
17 Feb 1864 - Susan listed on "Indigent Families of Northeast Texas".
13 Feb 1865 - Joseph (family of 3) listed on "Indigent Families of Northeast Texas".
Have not located Joseph and family on the 1870 census.
Susan and family on 1880 census of Grayson County. Susan listed as widow. Joseph and Susan's youngest child Rosa was born in 1873 so that means Joseph died sometime between 1873 and 1880. When and where?
I have no further info on Susan after the 1880 census. Family members say that she "sold the bottom land to the Munson brothers and moved to around Savoy, Texas". Have been through all the court house records in both Grayson and Fannin counties but found nothing. Been to every cemetery that I could find in both Grayson and Fannin counties - no Joseph or Susan.
Will appreciate any help/suggestions/leads/etc that anyone can provide.
Thank you in advance.
Ted Pylant
Arlington, TX
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ted Pylant 17 Sep 2003 10:47PM GMT 
SE Svenson 28 May 2004 10:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic